THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

Blessmail on The Watch podcast in-studio.

Loved this.

It gave me a nice bit of validation, on a writing tip too. It sounds like we have similar processes :leon:

When he said 'Season 2' is Empire Strikes Back he had me :ohhh:

I really don't know what he's telegraphing though. I like to think that I'm observant while watching this, but I find myself finding details he planted episodes later in some cases.If Reddit haven't found it with all the decoding and ARG's - I don't know what it could be. :lupe:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo" did Tyrell tell Angela that he love's Elliot at the end? :lupe:

Yeah, but not on no gay shyt. Both their fathers were weak men and they're trying to go the opposite route, and I doubt Tyrell alone would have the will power to do something like 5/9. So Elliot is damn near his idol really.

Fred.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Loved this.

It gave me a nice bit of validation, on a writing tip too. It sounds like we have similar processes :leon:

When he said 'Season 2' is Empire Strikes Back he had me :ohhh:

I really don't know what he's telegraphing though. I like to think that I'm observant while watching this, but I find myself finding details he planted episodes later in some cases.If Reddit haven't found it with all the decoding and ARG's - I don't know what it could be. :lupe:

I'm not concerned with trying to figure out. As someone who writes I know I can put a ton of stuff in a script that makes perfect sense to me and seems obvious but let 100 people read it and nobody sees it.

Kinda like the whole "red wheelbarrow" thing. Yeah it's been hinted at and ever present throughout most of the season, but ultimately it doesn't matter a single bit.

I'm sure the thing he's telegraphing will be nice when we find out, but guessing it ahead of time won't make the show any more enjoyable. In fact it'll probably make it less enjoyable.

I'm all for people having theories, even though I'm #teamnotheories to the core, because people get upset when they come up with a theory, jump 5 steps ahead, then when the actual show written by the actual creator catches up to them and their theory isn't valid, they get upset.

"Hey Sam Esmail, that thing I thought it was but you never said it was didn't happen, so I'm upset. What happened to the time travel theory I pulled out of my ass? Or the 'Elliot is an android machine' hypothesis I had no evidence for. Your show frustrates me because I can't second guess it. Regards, Nerd."

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
I'm not concerned with trying to figure out. As someone who writes I know I can put a ton of stuff in a script that makes perfect sense to me and seems obvious but let 100 people read it and nobody sees it.

Kinda like the whole "red wheelbarrow" thing. Yeah it's been hinted at and ever present throughout most of the season, but ultimately it doesn't matter a single bit.

I'm sure the thing he's telegraphing will be nice when we find out, but guessing it ahead of time won't make the show any more enjoyable. In fact it'll probably make it less enjoyable.

I'm all for people having theories, even though I'm #teamnotheories to the core, because people get upset when they come up with a theory, jump 5 steps ahead, then when the actual show written by the actual creator catches up to them and their theory isn't valid, they get upset.

"Hey Sam Esmail, that thing I thought it was but you never said it was didn't happen, so I'm upset. What happened to the time travel theory I pulled out of my ass? Or the 'Elliot is an android machine' hypothesis I had no evidence for. Your show frustrates me because I can't second guess it. Regards, Nerd."

I can respect you not fukking with theories. That shyt just scratches the part of my brain that loves the nuts and bolts of storytelling.

Mr. Robot isn't so much a show to me as a televised version of the Chinese puzzle from Hellraiser.

The things that he said about not being weighed down by plot/ exposition.were inspiring as hell.

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I can respect you not fukking with theories. That shyt just scratches the part of my brain that loves the nuts and bolts of storytelling.

Mr. Robot isn't so much a show to me as a televised version of the chinese puzzle from Hellraiser.

The things that he said about not being weighed down by plot/ exposition.were inspiring as hell.

Don't get it twisted. I like that this show inspires theories, and I'm fascinated by some of the more plausible ones, but I think at times the trying to guess ahead detracts from what we're actually watching.

Maybe I'm not straight up #teamnotheories but more #teamcalmdownnikkawhiteroseisntatimetravellerputthebluntdown :russ:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Don't get it twisted. I like that this show inspires theories, and I'm fascinated by some of the more plausible ones, but I think at times the trying to guess ahead detracts from what we're actually watching.

Maybe I'm not straight up #teamnotheories but more #teamcalmdownnikkawhiteroseisntatimetravellerputthebluntdown :russ:

Time travel theories and blunts >>>>>>>>>>>> :ufdup:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Time travel theories and blunts >>>>>>>>>>>> :ufdup:

:lolbron:

Keep smokin' breh.

And if you can't tell, I'm literally listening to the 2-Bit podcast right now. Those dudes annoy me, but I like listening to a breakdown of the episode scene by scene afterwards rather than rewatching it.

The place they lose me is when they start deep diving into the Reddit theories.

I think where this show causes separation is the difference between Nerd Nerds and Creative Nerds. Nerd Nerds get bogged down by wild theories and little details that are nice flourishes but ultimately don't mean much, and Creative Nerds are able to see a macro view of things. These 2-Bit dues are Nerd Nerds.

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
2e3vkhi.jpg

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:

Keep smokin' breh.

And if you can't tell, I'm literally listening to the 2-Bit podcast right now. Those dudes annoy me, but I like listening to a breakdown of the episode scene by scene afterwards rather than rewatching it.

The place they lose me is when they start deep diving into the Reddit theories.

I think where this show causes separation is the difference between Nerd Nerds and Creative Nerds. Nerd Nerds get bogged down by wild theories and little details that are nice flourishes but ultimately don't mean much, and Creative Nerds are able to see a macro view of things. These 2-Bit dues are Nerd Nerds.

I swear I love listening to their analysis but the one dude seems like he's always bytching lol