THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ok i'm done. this show is :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed: though. can't wait until next season.

my only question besides the obvious cliffhangers which will eventually get answered is whether ecoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency like bitcoin or is it just a digital currency? crypto currencies are in theory much harder to trace, although if you look at the silk road takedown, i'm not so sure that's really the truth. either way, it would explain the motives a lot more. i would think white rose would want a crypto in order to influence foreign governments with untraceable funds, whereas i feel like ecorp doesn't really give a fukk if it's traceable or not.

Not sure what White Rose's end game is but E Corp, as far as I know, wants total transparency with it's digital currency. They basically want it to replace regular money, which was the argument Price had with the Treasury Secretary last week. He was talking about "you can't create your own currency".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Unless all the data was solely hard copies, then one of the F Society crew has to know what the FBI knew. Was it 12 or 16 people they said were under surveillance during the conference call? :jbhmm:

As for the lights - you would have to be some sort of evil genius to manipulate the power grid for the entire Eastern seaboard so one single building in particular is forced to get back up batteries, which you can then use as the detonator for your building sized bomb. And if White Rose is anything - it's an evil genius. :yeshrug:

Nah, the power is going out because the people running the plants are on strike.

The malware from the femtocell will cut E Corp's power/back up power.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm mixed on the season overall...so much felt too disjointed, which feels increasingly because of the intense style of the show.....but I was totally in on the finale. :whew:
Ditto on the mixed feeling, but i do agree with this sentiment from vulture

"Am I up or down on Mr. Robot? Neither. It annoys and frustrates me, not always for good reasons, but I can’t stop watching it because even at its least coherent, it’s more assured, more mysterious, and more viscerally intense than any other drama on commercial television. "

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure what White Rose's end game is but E Corp, as far as I know, wants total transparency with it's digital currency. They basically want it to replace regular money, which was the argument Price had with the Treasury Secretary last week. He was talking about "you can't create your own currency".

Fred.
yeah that's what i thought, but didn't remember the specifics of the meeting last week. it's very interesting to me. i swear the real war is ecorp vs. white rose which will become us vs china in donald trumps terms.

i dont think white rose wants a global transparent currency though, but as i suspect ecorp doesn't really care as long as they would basically run the system. i'm guessing the end game is still bitcoin for white rose, which they did mention a couple weeks ago in passing and dismissively. whether the end game is allowing white rose to move massive amounts of coin around semi-anonymously or if it's just to eliminate price/ecorp for some other reason idk.

it's now obvious that angela is dark army though. i called the final conflict will be elliot vs. angela a few episoeds ago, but i thought angela would be team e-corp. i think elliot is gonna end up back on team e-corp. elliot has morals. angela does not. it's amazing that e-corp would be associated with morals, but compared to the dark army in comparison? that final show down would mind fukk me enough. but i expect sam esmail to mindfukk me in some other way.

that being said do you have the time? :wow:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Nah, Dom said they're gonna try to "flip" her. Would be fukked up if everyone thought Angela was the weak link and Darlene ends up being a rat.

:wow: if Mr. Robot kills her.

Fred.

Darlene aint gonna flip.... :mjlol: she told dom to eat a dikk. plus there's not alot of strong evidence tying her to Fsociety. I mean yeah you got a flow chart but it's digital warfare it's not like I kill you with a gun, my prints was on it, you got me on camera with no mask on hard evidence... Just imagine if one of these pieces of evidence goes missing the case falls apart.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I don't mind people criticizing the season but most of these critics are retarded breh. From the Vulture review:

Tyrell shoots Elliot to stop him from interfering with his attempt to destroy E-Corp’s paper records (I guess they’ve been blasted back to 20th-century record keeping by the hack?), but is it actually Tyrell shooting him, and was that an actual bullet that entered Elliot’s body, or are both Tyrell and his bullet symbolic of psychic forces rattling around inside the hero’s subconscious, like Mr. Robot repeatedly shooting Elliot near the start of the season? “You’re both the same,” Elliot tells Tyrell and Mr. Robot in the warehouse, then adds in voice-over, “This is another of Mr. Robot’s mind tricks,” but does that mean what we assume it means — that Mr. Robot, never shy about its Fight Club allegiance, is on the verge of being able to change its title to All My Tyler Durdens?

Who in their right mind would watch that episode, and think Tyrell wasn't real after he shot Elliot? I get that the show plays with reality but it's really not that difficult to figure out.

Fred.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an unpopular sentiment around here, but I tend to agree with the reviews :manny:
did you watch breaking bad as it aired? asking because breaking bad fans used to have the same reaction, but i feel like this show is fukking with us on levels i'm not even sure about. which is why i'm not even confident in saying it's BB level. that being said it doesn't bother me as long as they tell the story. i don't see how anyone can say that was bad tv last night though just because they're not entirely sure what happened. were you on the edge of your seat? if so, like i was, my girl was and my friend was. then it was good tv.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
did you watch breaking bad as it aired? asking because breaking bad fans used to have the same reaction, but i feel like this show is fukking with us on levels i'm not even sure about. which is why i'm not even confident in saying it's BB level. that being said it doesn't bother me as long as they tell the story. i don't see how anyone can say that was bad tv last night though just because they're not entirely sure what happened. were you on the edge of your seat? if so, like i was, my girl was and my friend was. then it was good tv.
It was good TV, but still didn't meet my (admittedly high) expectations. Not enough Stage 2 shyt. I expected more. :manny:

And yes I watched Breaking Bad as it aired (after the first season, when my roommate at the time turned me on to it). Every season BB gave us more in the season finale, and the episodes leading up to it. :yeshrug:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was good TV, but still didn't meet my (admittedly high) expectations. Not enough Stage 2 shyt. I expected more. :manny:

And yes I watched Breakimg Bad as it aired (after the first season, when my roommate at the time turned me on to it). Every season BB gave us more in the season finale, and the episodes leading up to it. :yeshrug:
i agree with leading up to it part. there was a lot of stagnation for the first 4-5 episodes of this season.
most of the BB finales basically left me :dwillhuh: though. at least from season 3 on. idk maybe i'm caping harder for this show than i should, but i feel like they answered most the questions this episode. they just created 10 more. :mjcry:

then the end left me on an idk what to make of it cliffhanger. is there time travel???? is leon just about to pull up on em?

i have no idea. i will hopefully find out in july 2017. :wow:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an unpopular sentiment around here, but I tend to agree with the reviews :manny:
Ok it's unpopular with media blogs. This show isn't for the chatty pattys or the peanut gallery :dame:.

He's left us enough signs step by step that the payoff is way larger than one episode to the next. Every scene is littered with clues and/or red herrings and the fact that right now, there's no immediate explanation for all of the crazy we experience with Elliot week to week is why people are in their feelings right now:pachaha:

I'll go ahead and let Esmail cook and judge at the end. His artistic eye is larger than pleasing these tv/movie blogs enough to give them weekly fodder for their wordy overly analytical episode by episode reviews to drive traffic to their shytty sites:martin:.