THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I starting to wonder if they intentionally made it look like he was in an institution, so that we would ignore the increasing evidence that he isn't. Like a reverse twist.

Then Elliot turns to the camera like "you thought I was lying to you, I wouldn't do that. How come you don't trust me?"

Well, although my prediction was wrong, I kinda got Elliot's dialog to us "partially" correct:
Please don't be mad too long. This will be the last time I keep things from you. I promise. I know what you're thinking, and no. I didn't lie to you.

and the fact the co that closed his cell resembled his mother :wow:
She was the "Devil" Darlene was talking about, when we thought she was talking about their mother.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Explain white Rose to me plz
I didn't see much of the dark army this season

Zhang is the Minister of State Security in China. It's basically the Chinese equivalent of the CIA.

He's also White Rose, and runs The Dark Army.

A theory going around is he helped F Society with their hack last season to destabilize the American economy, and he had his goons shoot up the FBI to ruin any chances America would ask China for a bail out. Price was talking to Congress about this a couple eps ago.

Fred.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Joey Badass Dark Army reveal was :gladbron:.... How deep is this organization

the reveal that we all predicted was BEAUTIFULLY DIRECTED and EXECUTED
left me still in shock by how masterfully it played out

This show needs an emmy for cinematography, best episode of the season so far for me

Tyrell is still alive, i believe it... Elliot's mental state is too fukked up for us to take his word

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
So rewatched it again. Everything makes sense besides Ray. Where does he and the computer hacking fit into this prison storyline?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Mr. Robot and Why TV Twists Don’t Work Anymore

I couldn't agree more with this article. I rolled my eyes when they revealed he was in prison. I genuinely hope they stop with this gimmick. It's so unnecessary. I'm getting to the point where I care about every other storyline on this show besides Elliot's.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I couldn't agree more with this article. I rolled my eyes when they revealed he was in prison. I genuinely hope they stop with this gimmick. It's so unnecessary. I'm getting to the point where I care about every other storyline on this show besides Elliot's.

I disagree, we have to remember this is the concept of the show; the unreliable narrator.. this trope is the bread and butter of this series. In the grand scheme of the overall storyline it dosnt have a major effect because everything that happened in prison between Ray, Leon
Really did happen it was just done in a different perception it didnt change anything in the story, other than opening up a new question on how he wound up in prison.
If your are tired of twists you might as well quit watching at this point, this is what makes the series fun to viewers
delusions, deceptions

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Zhang is the Minister of State Security in China. It's basically the Chinese equivalent of the CIA.

A theory going around is he helped F Society with their hack last season to destabilize the American economy, and he had his goons shoot up the FBI to ruin any chances America would ask China for a bail out. Price was talking to Congress about this a couple eps ago.

Fred.
Okay I get it now

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
:ohhh:Just found this bonus clip from the season 1 finale

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Completely missing the point. Its not supposed to be a "gimmick", its supposed to show reality through the lens of mentally unstable/sick person. Him being in prison is whatever, most assumed he was in some type of confinement from the jump.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Couldn't disagree more.

This "twist" isn't for "Shock value" It's to show how a mentally unstable person copes with his surroundings and troubles. Which was always the vision of this show. Elliot is a unreliable narrator.

I for one DIDN'T see the prison twist coming. But it seems like it was a common theory around here.

I DID however see the "Mr robot s not real" theory coming a mile away and that in no way cheapened the reveal. Hell Elliot himself said "You already knew didn't u??

The "Twist" would only feel cheapened if what happened didn't happened. Nothing changes with the story. What happened happened.(Shout out to LOST)