THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk he end up in jail:dwillhuh:

It'll be explained in a couple eps, is what the creator said....but we can guess a few things. Dude is a junkie, and he did hack his psychiatrist's boy friend, remember?

Like someone else said him being in jail for that would explain why Ray knew he was good with computers.

Fred.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
That article is low key retarded.

The author is complaining that we never know what's real....but what's real isn't as important as what's happening. Everything happened, it's not like Elliot just woke up out of a dream. Whether or not it was straight forward and showed him in prison, or it showed what we seen, is irrelevant. It doesn't invalidate anything that happened.

The only thing is, it raises some tricky logistical questions, like who was Ray at the prison and how did he get Elliot access to a computer....because a guard or CO probably couldn't do that....or how was Elliot spazzing out on pills for 6 days with nobody noticing....but even then none of that is really impossible, just kinda far-fetched.

Fred.

Ray coulda been a bunch of things, but:

Probably above a CO, but below the Warden - enough access to have an office with his own computer and enough to be able to ask for/summon a prisoner without it being too weird. Ray never really touched Elliot, he was always brought to him by that main tough white dude, so he's probably a CO.

His login at his terminal was "Caretaker", so he may have been a Cheif Custodian, or the Head CO. Not the guy walking the tiers but giving the orders. Think the bald breh with the moustache from OITNB.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I mean... :francis:

Even without reading this thread or other breakdowns you'd kinda figure it out.

Most of the most valid theories are only valid because they're pretty much obvious by the time you read it.

It's only the wild theories that only occur to you when you first read it online. So far the only things that have been legit surprises were:

1. Darlene being Elliot's sister.

2. White Rose being one of the top heads in the Chinese government.

Other than that, if you're observant, you'll suss out most shyt quick.

All the clues are already there and I kinda think Esmail wants you to guess it early, but also make you second guess to keep you on your toes. That's why he's never like :umad: "Got y'all!"

When he revealed Mr. Robot wasn't real, Elliot's voiceover said "But you already knew didn't you" and with this reveal, he made sure to say something along the lines of "Everything you saw happened, it just looked different."

He's not really tryna make people confused, I think it's more a case of wanting to make sure we're paying attention. Making us look at everything on the screen. Making us listen to every line.
He said that the Mr. Robot reveal was supposed to be obvious, it was Darlene being his sis that was supposed to be the twist.

He said last night, he was surprised that people caught on to the prison thing after the first episode, but said it wasn't something that he was really trying to hide. He was actually happy people were able to connect the dots because it means the "twists" make sense, you can point to shyt from the first episode to show what was happening.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I have the last 3 episodes to catch up on. :mjcry: Gonna try and catch up tonight.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ray coulda been a bunch of things, but:

Probably above a CO, but below the Warden - enough access to have an office with his own computer and enough to be able to ask for/summon a prisoner without it being too weird. Ray never really touched Elliot, he was always brought to him by that main tough white dude, so he's probably a CO.

His login at his terminal was "Caretaker", so he may have been a Cheif Custodian, or the Head CO. Not the guy walking the tiers but giving the orders. Think the bald breh with the moustache from OITNB.

Yeah....that's why I said there's ways to work around it. It's not impossible to connect the dots and have everything make sense. And fans did most of the heavy lifting, anyway.

I been reading these theories since the first ep but a couple things this ep threw me off:

1. When Elliot set up Ray, then went outside and the cops were like "wait here". Then the next scene he's watching basketball I was like :patrice:"writing is getting kinda sloppy". But if he's already in prison, Ray and/or the COs could lean on him and make him work on their site. Outside, he'd go to jail with them.

2. When he said to his psychiatrist "I been living with my mom".

Both those I wasn't 100% like :manny: "guess he's not in jail or a psych ward" but I briefly doubted it. Then when the psychiatrist said "where do you think you are right now?"
band_zpsei11i94n.png

Fred.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
It's crazy how much weight he places on small details.

In the 'Previously on' they showed Angela talking to Colby, and she mentions shrimp. At the executive meeting - they ordered shrimp - kind of like they were saying 'You might be here now, but nothing's changed - we're still gonna kill motherfukkers and we're still gonna eat this shrimp. :umad:'

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this show. But the playing with reality is a valid critique. Because you can always lean on Elliot's not a reliable narrator to cheat certain elements of the story. I think personally, they should've been straight forward that Elliot is in prison. And also, I don't like that Angela never mentions to anyone Elliot is in prison.

Besides those things, I like the show and it's well done.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this show. But the playing with reality is a valid critique. Because you can always lean on Elliot's not a reliable narrator to cheat certain elements of the story. I think personally, they should've been straight forward that Elliot is in prison.
But everything that happened actually happened.

And also, I don't like that Angela never mentions to anyone Elliot is in prison.
Who would she have mentioned it to?

The only one that she talks to that knows him is Darlene and she knows.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But everything that happened actually happened.

Who would she have mentioned it to?

The only one that she talks to that knows him is Darlene and she knows.

Came in to say this. The only thing this kinda applies to is Tyrell, because Mr. Robot point blank said "he's dead". But people aren't buying that, anyway.

I honestly don't care if every ep is crazy imagery or weird guest appearances as long as what happens, actually happens. If they start getting into "what is real?" on a plot level, and not just "is that a basement or the hole in prison?", that's a different story.

Fred.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
i musta missed the posts predicting that Elliot was in prison
i mean, for me it KINDA felt like that...
but i really aint see that coming
deadass
Don't know how you missed thoes posts. But yeah
The way they acted screamed he was locked up. All the interactions especially at the court was jail like

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the episode.

God damn.

Though we all saw it coming... The transition was effortlessly blended by Sam. Knew it was coming but still had the :ohhh:face as it was revealed.

:blessed:

Shout out to One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

Best show on tv. No doubt.