The OFFICIAL MICHIGAN FOOTBALL TEAM 145 THREAD: THE LEADERS, THE BEST, THE VICTORS and THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

WILL MICHIGAN REPEAT as UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Orji - Jr
Warren - Sr

Edwards - Sr
Mullins - Sr

Bell - So
Moore - So
Semaj - So
Morris - Jr

Loveland - Jr
Klein - Jr

OLine - 4 seniors and a junior

Outside of our receivers.. :francis:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I watched us grind our 30 something runs on Penn st, our offense was non existent

I see a qb that has some skill, but lacks confidence, Warren looked in over his head, and he over trust his arm

We need more qb design runs

I just don’t get too high or low
PSU was last year tho.

What skill do you see in Orji? I legit don't see a single trait that he does well.

He won't keep a read option, so idk what you do in that situation. coach Shark (he's a older UM coach from early 90's on On3) points out that Orji doesn't have a feel for what to look for on a read option.

I feel that last point, but we been following this shyt long enough to know when something aint right.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
It's easier to be patient when you see progression, and not regression. Sorry but Sherrone (and especially all the new coaches that were brought in) don't get a mulligan on this shyt. Orji is limited, yea.. but the defensive breakdowns. The lack of discipline with the personal fouls and the bad penalties altogether.

Let me ask you.. what about Orji do you see that he can be 'brought along'?

It aint his throwing.

It aint his running, since he rarely does that.

His leadership? Ok, cool, what else? I'ma need something that can win a game for me.

Watch his high school film. What you see on that is the exact thing you see today. Literally. Dude was even the same size. Same throwing motion. Same indecisiveness.

Lastly.. are you ok with completely losing the rest of this year? And losing our solid recruiting class? Cause we dont fukk with NIL like that, and you know it. Most of those kids are being held on by a string. Believe that. They can get paid elsewhere.

Sticking with mediocrity has long term effects.

Orji is Harbaugh/Matt Weiss' fault not Sherrone.

And yall have to accept that defensive breakdowns are a result of 1. lack of depth 2. an offense so bad that keeps the defense on the field

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Orji is Harbaugh/Matt Weiss' fault not Sherrone.

And yall have to accept that defensive breakdowns are a result of 1. lack of depth 2. an offense so bad that keeps the defense on the field
I'd argue Sherrone got fault too since he was the OC last year, but i agree. Throw in Campbell too. He aint getting a pass for this shyt.

Your second point is on point.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Orji - Jr
Warren - Sr

Edwards - Sr
Mullins - Sr

Bell - So
Moore - So
Semaj - So
Morris - Jr

Loveland - Jr
Klein - Jr

OLine - 4 seniors and a junior

Outside of our receivers.. :francis:

Neither of those QBs running out of eligibility is a problem. This is a good thing.

Jordan Marshall and Ben Hall could get heavy workloads today.

Our receiving corp is ass so once again elgibility doesnt matter. This is a good thing.

TE? That is one position of strength where they are loaded up (Hansen, Prieskorn, Marshall, Tonielli, Olesh)

Oline is hard to call. They will likely return 3-4 starters (some have covid years) and you have promising young dudes like fraizer/sprague/efobi/link.

We have good young edges and a solid young DB room. The concerns are IMO at DT, #1 CB, LBs, and ofc QB and WR....I think those positions are all in need of talented young blood that we don't have on the roster today barring maybe Jadyn Davis.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Neither of those QBs running out of eligibility is a problem. This is a good thing.

Jordan Marshall and Ben Hall could get heavy workloads today.

Our receiving corp is ass so once again elgibility doesnt matter. This is a good thing.

TE? That is one position of strength where they are loaded up (Hansen, Prieskorn, Marshall, Tonielli, Olesh)

Oline is hard to call. They will likely return 3-4 starters (some have covid years) and you have promising young dudes like fraizer/sprague/efobi/link.

We have good young edges and a solid young DB room. The concerns are IMO at DT, #1 CB, LBs, and ofc QB and WR....I think those positions are all in need of talented young blood that we don't have on the roster today barring maybe Jadyn Davis.
I don't see this QB room being the same next year. It just cant. Either Orji and/or Warren dips after this year i think.

Marshall's been banged up all year and i dont understand why we dont have a 1/2 of Mullings and Hall. Hall can play.. and we could use Edwards as a weapon all over.

I don't even wanna get into our receivers :scust:

I like our TE room too. Olesh is gonna be Loveland v2.0, but we need him to stick. He just visited Bama this weekend.

With Sherrone's track record.. I trust him with the OLine.

I can't think of any edges that help me sleep at night tho. I think after Moore and Stewart dips this year, we're gonna be huting. DT's scare me too.. I dont see anybody being able to slide right in.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
if Sherrone wants to survive

he HAS to get a top end portal QB to bridge the Jadyn Davis/Brady Hart era
has to get our NIL to pay for a legitimate WR to pair with Marsh who has to be kept in the class
definitely grab a high end DT and OL out the portal

We don't have any returning NFL talent next year (maybe Rod Moore and Benny) that we will have to use a giant chunk of our NIL on like we did this year so it should be doable. Shop til you drop. If Sherrone can't manage this then yeah his chapter will end quickly...

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I promise I aint comin at you fam.. but i just gotta point this out too..

What if I were to tell you that we dont have nearly the amount of young pups as you think? Whos the young pup? They're literally all juniors and seniors. :francis:

Damn near ALL of em. :beli:
Our receivers just aren't good enough. It's that simple. And tbh, we don't have time to wait around for them to get better.

But this offense needs to evolve. We need somebody to do for us what Kiffin and Sarkisian did for Bama. Then we can actually start getting the talent we need.

Last edited:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Do you guys not like Portal QBs or something? That can fix your issues quick, just make sure YOU BRING YO CHECKBOOK! :mjgrin:
Once again, all the good portal QB's were gone plus Michigan had no idea what JJ was going do since we were in the playoffs. Then add to Harbaugh with the NFL nonsense no portal QB was going to commit here at least the good ones. We just have roll with what we have

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Once again, all the good portal QB's were gone plus Michigan had no idea what JJ was going do since we were in the playoffs. Then add to Harbaugh with the NFL nonsense no portal QB was going to commit here at least the good ones. We just have roll with what we have
We should be a prime destination for QBs in the off-season with these dudes we have under center rn.

The QB room should be fine IF we can retain Davis, Carter Smith (who's been flying under the radar among this fanbase) and Brady Hart, and from what I've heard Smith and Hart are all in on being at Michigan. The bigger issue for me is recruiting and retaining talent at receiver.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Sheronne Moore is severely handicapped this year. Don't count this year against him.

I told yall Orji sucked. There was a reason Warren won the QB battle.

We gotta get a QB and WR in the portal. Michigan gotta go all in and embrace NIL. Times are different. Can't keep this mentality with USC Oregon Washington now in the Big10

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
OL is about cohesion. They are all inexperienced. Don't care how long you been in the program. GameDay is a different animal. Some of them like Link needs another off season of S&C

WR is awful. Morgan as our number 1 is laughable. With a complete WR core he should be a slot number 3 receiver.

Defense is getting gassed cuz the offense sucks. Not a believer in Martindale. I understand why you bought him in. He created the system. He's very experienced so Moore could lean on him as a first year coach to handle the defense. I think the game has passed him by.

Linebacker is the biggest problem. We had it good with Colson Barrett and Harrell last year.

Barham is extremely athletic but idk if he's not trusting teammates but he's out of position alot overpursues and is missing open field tackles