The OFFICIAL MICHIGAN FOOTBALL TEAM 145 THREAD: THE LEADERS, THE BEST, THE VICTORS and THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

WILL MICHIGAN REPEAT as UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Need Jimmy's and Joe's. The QB and WR play is so bad.

Oline I can expect with the everyone going pro.

Our QBs and WR room us the worst in the country.

Attack the portal hard in the off season. Get rid of some of the assistants.

We forget it took Harbaugh 6 years until he got the right assistant coaches

Keep in mind we were gutted

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:pachaha:I'm just happy we all got to see a championship run and complete dominance over the past 3 years. I said it after the championship game on here that Michigan football doesn't owe me nothing anymore. The highs of last season was just :wow: We all knew this season was going to be a step down. It is what it is.
I got my peri (and banner for the front of the crib you see as soon as you walk through the door) and they ain’t taking that banner down. We gonna have to take some lumps but the dominance they displayed will give me memories for a lifetime :wow:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
team is ass, but this was expected. We are gutted, QB room is ass, defense is ehhhh and we have a new HC.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Having to pick a staff, after Jim left late, then the original band decided to bounce too, it wasn’t a lot of options man, y’all want Moore to make miracles out of shyt, and I’m not letting him slide but seriously he’s not on a level playing ground

Make miracles from shyt?

Everyone knew it was gonna be a rough year on offense but nothing was done to work with the talent there is. They just decided to run the same offense as last year with vastly inferior athletes and when that doesn't work let's just throw another quarterback in. TAILOR THE SYSTEM TO YOUR PLAYERS.

Defensively, where status quo would have worked, you bring in a failed DC just because he created a system. Yes, there are spots that downgraded from last year but Wink is way too aggressive when it's not even necessary which puts those less experienced players in horrible spots. With this defensive line there is usually no need to be so aggressive.

Not a single one of the coaches that were hired is on par with what they replaced, late in the cycle or not that's on the coach.

Which of these coaches is equal to what they replaced?

In: Sherrone Moore, head coach (Michigan, offensive coordinator); Grant Newsome, offensive line (Michigan, tight ends); Kirk Campbell, offensive coordinator (Michigan, quarterbacks); J.B. Brown, special teams coordinator (Michigan, special teams analyst); Steve Casula, tight ends (UMass, offensive coordinator); Wink Martindale, defensive coordinator (New York Giants, defensive coordinator); LaMar Morgan, defensive backs (Louisiana, defensive coordinator and safeties); Brian Jean-Mary, linebackers (Tennessee, linebackers); Tony Alford, running backs (Ohio State, running backs); Lou Esposito, defensive line (Memphis, defensive line)
Out: Jim Harbaugh, head coach (Los Angeles Chargers, head coach); Chris Partridge, linebackers (fired); Jay Harbaugh, special teams coordinator and safeties (Seattle Seahawks, special teams coordinator); Mike Elston, defensive line (Los Angeles Chargers, defensive line); Jesse Minter, defensive coordinator (Los Angeles Chargers, defensive coordinator); Steve Clinkscale, defensive backs (Los Angeles Chargers, defensive backs); Mike Hart, running backs

End of the day it falls on the HEAD COACH.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Make miracles from shyt?

Everyone knew it was gonna be a rough year on offense but nothing was done to work with the talent there is. They just decided to run the same offense as last year with vastly inferior athletes and when that doesn't work let's just throw another quarterback in. TAILOR THE SYSTEM TO YOUR PLAYERS.

Defensively, where status quo would have worked, you bring in a failed DC just because he created a system. Yes, there are spots that downgraded from last year but Wink is way too aggressive when it's not even necessary which puts those less experienced players in horrible spots. With this defensive line there is usually no need to be so aggressive.

Not a single one of the coaches that were hired is on par with what they replaced, late in the cycle or not that's on the coach.

Which of these coaches is equal to what they replaced?

In: Sherrone Moore, head coach (Michigan, offensive coordinator); Grant Newsome, offensive line (Michigan, tight ends); Kirk Campbell, offensive coordinator (Michigan, quarterbacks); J.B. Brown, special teams coordinator (Michigan, special teams analyst); Steve Casula, tight ends (UMass, offensive coordinator); Wink Martindale, defensive coordinator (New York Giants, defensive coordinator); LaMar Morgan, defensive backs (Louisiana, defensive coordinator and safeties); Brian Jean-Mary, linebackers (Tennessee, linebackers); Tony Alford, running backs (Ohio State, running backs); Lou Esposito, defensive line (Memphis, defensive line)
Out: Jim Harbaugh, head coach (Los Angeles Chargers, head coach); Chris Partridge, linebackers (fired); Jay Harbaugh, special teams coordinator and safeties (Seattle Seahawks, special teams coordinator); Mike Elston, defensive line (Los Angeles Chargers, defensive line); Jesse Minter, defensive coordinator (Los Angeles Chargers, defensive coordinator); Steve Clinkscale, defensive backs (Los Angeles Chargers, defensive backs); Mike Hart, running backs

End of the day it falls on the HEAD COACH.

So as for wink it was a grab to try and keep continuity, (language some same concepts) but what a nfl guy will soon learn is install and exotics is hard because limited talent and time, we are going through this

Whether a guy was in the system or not, it does not mean they are good at their new job, what i will say is Moore having to figure shyt out so late did not help so for me i give blame but i give more grace

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
47396398_2585521204792199_453218997911945216_n.jpg

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I'm still not sure how I feel about yesterday's loss to Illinois. While I am not a fan like all you, I've grown partial to the program and many players on the roster. I'm not seething or devastated, but something about that loss in particular just didn't set well with me. The entire time I was watching the game, I couldn't help but think that Michigan's downfall this season was self-inflicted. What if Matt Weiss wasn't one of the worst recruiters I ever covered? What if Jim Harbaugh hadn't given half the effort he normally does on the trail in the midst of winning a three playoff runs and one title? What if you kept Courtney and didn't hire a loyalist, unproven Karschnia to lead you recruiting department? What if you had been leaders and best with NIL and were proactive instead of reactive? What if you didn't go all your eggs in one basket with Dante while doing a poor job of recruiting him? What if you didn't care about Jadyn Davis' feelings and recruited a second quarterback? What if you approached portal like JJ was leaving because, let's all face it, that was the most likely outcome? What if Sherrone Moore was set up for success as opposed to inheriting a program still figuring out NIL, coming off back-to-back meh recruiting classes and home to one of the worst quarterback rooms in the country?

Again, I'm not a fan. But it hurts to see the program in a bit of disarray given that I touched on a lot these issues over the last few years. I said Karschnia wasn't a good head of recruiting. He was reassigned. I said the recruiting department needed to be expanded. Moore finally did that. I said NIL and recruiting were severely lacking. New GM Sean Magee was hired to help lead a new movement. I said Matt Weiss was terrible. He's no longer here. I said Mike Hart was a lazy recruiter. He's out of coaching and U-M likely needs to hit the portal for an RB this offseason. I said Jadyn Davis wasn't elite. He doesn't even want to try despite having a golden opportunity. I said Jaydon Hood wasn't very good. He's on the bench. I said Greg Crippen was subpar. He's struggling to beat out converted two-star defensive lineman Dominick Giudice.

I'm not right about everything and have had some misses as well, but over the last few years, I have tried to point to multiple issues and stated my reasoning behind that was wanting to see sustained success. It's better for me, for the site, and the people I've grown to care about on this board if Michigan is winning. Most didn't want to listen. They agreed with Sam Webb when he said I had personal vendettas and listened to his ******** sunshine pumping/mouthpiece work for a lot of the people I mentioned above. I was told to go back to Texas. I was told that I was too harsh/critical/personal. I was told Michigan is winning a natty so just shut the hell up with your negativity. Nothing made me happier than to see JJ and Junior and others hoist the trophy last year, but that era is over. Everything I said was rooted in fact, and now the developers are gone and after this year, the large majority of talent that made up Michigan's last Top 10 recruiting class (2022) will be gone. JJ is gone. One of the best coaches of all-time is gone. The best strength coach in college football is gone. The culture is on its way out, too. Nobody is coming back.

But that's okay. Things change. Michigan may be cooked this season, but this is still the winningest team of all-time, a blue blood, an elite program and academic institution. Have some ******* pride. It's time to stop crying about negative posts — even though they are a bit overwhelming — and direct your anger at issues that matter. Stop buying sunshine from a plump little man selling rainbows and false hope. Things need to change. Point blank. And fast. This offseason will be absolutely critical for Moore. His job depends on it as does the immediate future of Michigan football. But he can't do it alone. He needs support from admin, boosters, fans, etc. You can have the opinion that Moore isn't the guy, but he isn't going anywhere. He's here and is the guy. If he doesn't get support, you might as well find something else to do on Saturday afternoons in the fall.

Everyone needs to be all in on NIL this offseason and there needs to be a true plan with everyone on the same page. Get Magee a small army and form a real NIL department. We can ask all the what if questions above but it is what it is. The time to act is now. Take Portnoy's money. Do whatever you can to fundraise. Get fans involved. Send Moore on a cross country tour to meet with anybody that cares. Do whatever you have to do to win in the portal — not just at quarterback but at multiple positions. The WRs are slow. A RB is needed. The OL needs help. Who is going to replace Mason and Kenny G? Corner remains a big need. Get a damn punter. Whatever it takes. As much as I hate to say it, portal is much more critical than recruiting right now. Aside from the portal, Moore needs to take a long, hard look at his staff. The continuity play likely needs to be thrown out the window given the results this season. Make tough calls if you have to and get the best guys possible. Say good bye to the obvious like BJM. Forget having a special teams coordinator — especially with special teams playing the way it is — and get Lamar, now one of your best recruiters, another coach on the back end. Spend $ on recruiting. The fantastical times of finding culture builders like JJ, Junior, Blake, Zinter, etc. is over. They are still out there, but most of them need $. Times have changed. Moore isn't Harbaugh and will never be Harbaugh. Be Sherrone Moore and do what you do best — be a motivator and let your personality shine through on the recruiting trail/portal recruiting trail.

If you keep losing, throw Jadyn Davis into the fire regardless of what his dad says — this is ******* Michigan, where he's getting paid, and big boy college football not little league. He was 19 entering the season and considered a high floor not a high ceiling prospect. He's probably not elite but just see what you have. Can he be serviceable? Where is he at in his development? See what he can do against Northwestern or if games against Oregon/Ohio State shake out similar to the Texas game. That goes for a lot of the 23/24 players, which again were part of the No. 15 and No. 18 classes, respectively. Who can play and who can't? Where do you need portal for depth and not just for immediate starters? Do all these guys really need to take up NIL money that could go elsewhere?

The interim outlook for Michigan is bleak, and I've hit the panic button for this season. But it doesn't have to be that way in the near future. Look at Indiana. Good staff, won in the portal and I'm assuming doesn't have the budget that Michigan can have for NIL. My main point is that the what ifs are pointless. What I thought could happen is happening. It's time to invoke change. Not soon!!!!!!!!!!!' NOW.

I see no lies :yeshrug:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I'm still not sure how I feel about yesterday's loss to Illinois. While I am not a fan like all you, I've grown partial to the program and many players on the roster. I'm not seething or devastated, but something about that loss in particular just didn't set well with me. The entire time I was watching the game, I couldn't help but think that Michigan's downfall this season was self-inflicted. What if Matt Weiss wasn't one of the worst recruiters I ever covered? What if Jim Harbaugh hadn't given half the effort he normally does on the trail in the midst of winning a three playoff runs and one title? What if you kept Courtney and didn't hire a loyalist, unproven Karschnia to lead you recruiting department? What if you had been leaders and best with NIL and were proactive instead of reactive? What if you didn't go all your eggs in one basket with Dante while doing a poor job of recruiting him? What if you didn't care about Jadyn Davis' feelings and recruited a second quarterback? What if you approached portal like JJ was leaving because, let's all face it, that was the most likely outcome? What if Sherrone Moore was set up for success as opposed to inheriting a program still figuring out NIL, coming off back-to-back meh recruiting classes and home to one of the worst quarterback rooms in the country?

Again, I'm not a fan. But it hurts to see the program in a bit of disarray given that I touched on a lot these issues over the last few years. I said Karschnia wasn't a good head of recruiting. He was reassigned. I said the recruiting department needed to be expanded. Moore finally did that. I said NIL and recruiting were severely lacking. New GM Sean Magee was hired to help lead a new movement. I said Matt Weiss was terrible. He's no longer here. I said Mike Hart was a lazy recruiter. He's out of coaching and U-M likely needs to hit the portal for an RB this offseason. I said Jadyn Davis wasn't elite. He doesn't even want to try despite having a golden opportunity. I said Jaydon Hood wasn't very good. He's on the bench. I said Greg Crippen was subpar. He's struggling to beat out converted two-star defensive lineman Dominick Giudice.

I'm not right about everything and have had some misses as well, but over the last few years, I have tried to point to multiple issues and stated my reasoning behind that was wanting to see sustained success. It's better for me, for the site, and the people I've grown to care about on this board if Michigan is winning. Most didn't want to listen. They agreed with Sam Webb when he said I had personal vendettas and listened to his ******** sunshine pumping/mouthpiece work for a lot of the people I mentioned above. I was told to go back to Texas. I was told that I was too harsh/critical/personal. I was told Michigan is winning a natty so just shut the hell up with your negativity. Nothing made me happier than to see JJ and Junior and others hoist the trophy last year, but that era is over. Everything I said was rooted in fact, and now the developers are gone and after this year, the large majority of talent that made up Michigan's last Top 10 recruiting class (2022) will be gone. JJ is gone. One of the best coaches of all-time is gone. The best strength coach in college football is gone. The culture is on its way out, too. Nobody is coming back.

But that's okay. Things change. Michigan may be cooked this season, but this is still the winningest team of all-time, a blue blood, an elite program and academic institution. Have some ******* pride. It's time to stop crying about negative posts — even though they are a bit overwhelming — and direct your anger at issues that matter. Stop buying sunshine from a plump little man selling rainbows and false hope. Things need to change. Point blank. And fast. This offseason will be absolutely critical for Moore. His job depends on it as does the immediate future of Michigan football. But he can't do it alone. He needs support from admin, boosters, fans, etc. You can have the opinion that Moore isn't the guy, but he isn't going anywhere. He's here and is the guy. If he doesn't get support, you might as well find something else to do on Saturday afternoons in the fall.

Everyone needs to be all in on NIL this offseason and there needs to be a true plan with everyone on the same page. Get Magee a small army and form a real NIL department. We can ask all the what if questions above but it is what it is. The time to act is now. Take Portnoy's money. Do whatever you can to fundraise. Get fans involved. Send Moore on a cross country tour to meet with anybody that cares. Do whatever you have to do to win in the portal — not just at quarterback but at multiple positions. The WRs are slow. A RB is needed. The OL needs help. Who is going to replace Mason and Kenny G? Corner remains a big need. Get a damn punter. Whatever it takes. As much as I hate to say it, portal is much more critical than recruiting right now. Aside from the portal, Moore needs to take a long, hard look at his staff. The continuity play likely needs to be thrown out the window given the results this season. Make tough calls if you have to and get the best guys possible. Say good bye to the obvious like BJM. Forget having a special teams coordinator — especially with special teams playing the way it is — and get Lamar, now one of your best recruiters, another coach on the back end. Spend $ on recruiting. The fantastical times of finding culture builders like JJ, Junior, Blake, Zinter, etc. is over. They are still out there, but most of them need $. Times have changed. Moore isn't Harbaugh and will never be Harbaugh. Be Sherrone Moore and do what you do best — be a motivator and let your personality shine through on the recruiting trail/portal recruiting trail.

If you keep losing, throw Jadyn Davis into the fire regardless of what his dad says — this is ******* Michigan, where he's getting paid, and big boy college football not little league. He was 19 entering the season and considered a high floor not a high ceiling prospect. He's probably not elite but just see what you have. Can he be serviceable? Where is he at in his development? See what he can do against Northwestern or if games against Oregon/Ohio State shake out similar to the Texas game. That goes for a lot of the 23/24 players, which again were part of the No. 15 and No. 18 classes, respectively. Who can play and who can't? Where do you need portal for depth and not just for immediate starters? Do all these guys really need to take up NIL money that could go elsewhere?

The interim outlook for Michigan is bleak, and I've hit the panic button for this season. But it doesn't have to be that way in the near future. Look at Indiana. Good staff, won in the portal and I'm assuming doesn't have the budget that Michigan can have for NIL. My main point is that the what ifs are pointless. What I thought could happen is happening. It's time to invoke change. Not soon!!!!!!!!!!!' NOW.

I see no lies :yeshrug:

Agree with all of it