THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Amazing movie. Funny, visually stunning, and exciting. Top 3 Marvel movie to me, after winter soldier and Ironman 1.

One thing i'm wondering is how does earth fit in with the marvel galactic universe. Ive only read a few marvel comics, so im not sure how it works. Is earth unaware/not part of intergalactic travel, contact with other planets, etc. I assume the avengers was the first contact with aliens. Seemed like starlord was the only dude from earth. Just wondering if im thinking to much into this, or is this something thats gonna be address later.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Amazing movie. Funny, visually stunning, and exciting. Top 3 Marvel movie to me, after winter soldier and Ironman 1.

One thing i'm wondering is how does earth fit in with the marvel galactic universe. Ive only read a few marvel comics, so im not sure how it works. Is earth unaware/not part of intergalactic travel, contact with other planets, etc. I assume the avengers was the first contact with aliens. Seemed like starlord was the only dude from earth. Just wondering if im thinking to much into this, or is this something thats gonna be address later.

It'll get addressed later. Once those heroes venture more toward earth then it becomes a factor

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Looks like their gonna change who Quill's father is for the MCU I wonder who its gonna be

“There have been a lot of documents passed around about who Peter Quill’s father is between a select two or three of us. That’s been part of the plan since the beginning, that’s something I had to work out before we shot the screenplay. We wanted to make sure Yondu’s place in everything made sense and it does, so it’s all very specific stuff.”

“It’s definitely not the character who it is in the comics, I’ll say that much."

Also talks about if Thanos is gonna be in GOTG2

“He will show up [in the sequel] if he helps our story and he will not show up at all if not. Thanos is not the most important thing in Guardians 2, that’s for damn sure. There’s the Guardians themselves and other threats the Guardians are going to be facing that are not Thanos… I think Thanos has been lonely for a long time. He can handle it. He’s used to his loneliness. He’s got some other kids out there. He’s got to look after them. Nebula’s probably the sweetest of them, which tells you what his kids are like…”

http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-news-peter-quill-father/

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If it's anything like the last few pages, I can't blame em. Nothing but boring pointless arguing over marvel vs dc :snooze:

Anyway, top 3 movie of the year for me behind Apes and DOFP

I take it you ain't seen "The Raid 2"?

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Haven't seen it or Cap 2 yet

Watch both right now. "The Winter Soldier" is a top 3 MCU movie and "The Raid 2" is:

praise_zpsab4586c9.gif

status. Easily the best movie of the year.

Fred.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I thought this was a damn kids movie. I had to leave before they escaped prison cause my 4 year old was crying so hard saying it was scary.