THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Both Marvel & DC have their hits (GOTG, Avengers, Winter Soldier, DK triology, Man of Steel) and misses( Iron Man 2 and 3, Green Lantern). People are applauding Marvel though because they've actually actually are making progress with their B and C tier heroes and coming at DC's neck because it took them all these years to establish how they would finally establish the justice league on screen. I enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy and MOS, but I wonder how can DC have such great animated films but can't transition those into great live action films. The wonder woman animated feature literally is a template on how to make a great live action Wonder Woman flick. As for this stanning, cut it out and save that crap for the studio execs. For the consumers lets just continue to feast off all this piff.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'd love for Marvel to put some of the original members in the next movies. Yondu is in the movie but they need to get my man Vance Astro in there as well.
Vance would be cool even if his backstory is a bit convoluted.
It would be cool for them to add Martinex just because he would be a really awesome character visually.
mBljWZ7.jpg

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Both Marvel & DC have their hits (GOTG, Avengers, Winter Soldier, DK triology, Man of Steel) and misses( Iron Man 2 and 3, Green Lantern). People are applauding Marvel though because they've actually actually are making progress with their B and C tier heroes and coming at DC's neck because it took them all these years to establish how they would finally establish the justice league on screen. I enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy and MOS, but I wonder how can DC have such great animated films but can't transition those into great live action films. The wonder woman animated feature literally is a template on how to make a great live action Wonder Woman flick. As for this stanning, cut it out and save that crap for the studio execs. For the consumers lets just continue to feast off all this piff.

IM3 is a "miss" only to a vocal minority that post on message boards and forums

Wait, so how is MOS considered a "hit" then, with worse reviews and less revenue?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember Drax's power levels back when I read comics it used to be pretty high. He was projecting cosmic energy through his hands. Now, even in the comics, he uses a knife?:skip:

He went from flying around and doing this
Drax_classic_h12.jpg

to now doing this
3651834-2639750-708409-drax_s_annihilation.jpg

The fukk happened?:why:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Damn, this shyt is still going on..Why are you fakkits acting like you won't be there to watch Batman v. Superman day one? We know damn well that opening is going to be huge and you lil' nikkas will be part of the reason for that :mjlol:

I don't see anyone hating on Marvel Studios. I call it like I see it. Guardians of the Galaxy was damn good for the most part. Winter Soldier was piff too. On the other hand, Thor 2 was mediocre at best and that's being generous and Iron Man 3 was fukking terrible. Marvel ain't perfect, it's not the end of the universe :myman:

Aren't Batman vs Superman and Avengers 2 opening on the same weekend though? :lupe:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So what am I thinking of then? I know SOMETHING from Marvel is dropping same weekend as Batman v Superman right?

You are most likely thinking of "Captain America 3", but DC moved the date of "Batman V Superman" so they aren't on the same day.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Outside of "The Winter Soldier", this movie, and "The Avengers" I've been pretty indifferent to the MCU movies. I don't think they're terrible but they're nothing I'd go out of my way to watch, either.

Except "Ironman 3". I hated that movie.

Fred.
i'm the same way except i hated thor 2..thought it was the biggest pos i saw since man of steel .. iron man 3 i'm semi meh

Iron man=Guardians
Cap 2
And Avengers (which i don't like nearly as much as everyone else)

other than those i'd take most of the other company's marvel movies :mjpls:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i'm the same way except i hated thor 2..thought it was the biggest pos i saw since man of steel .. iron man 3 i'm semi meh

Iron man=Guardians
Cap 2
And Avengers (which i don't like nearly as much as everyone else)

other than those i'd take most of the other company's marvel movies :mjpls:

But you're an MCU stan though. :heh:

Dudes are weirdos.

Fred.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
But you're an MCU stan though. :heh:

Dudes are weirdos.

Fred.
You were erroneously labeled a disney stan, there, are you ok now? Ya big baby :rudy:

What makes A LOT of these guys get the label is the following combo:

• hypebeasting over GOTG [star wars comparisons and shyt]
  • hypebeasting over winter soldier
  • ignoring faults in the vast majority of disney films, and calling out those same faults in other films
  • not being able to accept criticism for disney films [the entire villians thread]
  • predicting failure or lowering expectations of non disney superhero films, including X-men films
  • exadgerating the success of disney films in comparison to their peers [ie, how spiderman is like 5 of the top ten box office draw ever for comic flms]
  • being radically overexcited over small charactor disney films [antman] and being ho-hum over mega blockbusters for non disney films [Batman vs superman] or other tier-2 movies [sinister six, wonderwoman]
  • using double standards when talking about prior films [hulk is a success but green lantern is a failure. batman trilogy somehow doesn't count? No spiderman film has ever bombed...but none are good somehow?]
That combination of opinions which are seen reguarly, makes it clear someone is biased toward disney movies.