THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Why is this thread now a breakdown on how "real" the Nolan trilogy is? This forum became Arcadium 2.0 in a fukking week :snoop:
Ion't even know what dude's arguing about anymore, honestly.

Anyways, Groot might not be the only character Vin ends up playing in the long run.
tumblr_na5bs364G71s5zf6fo2_1280.jpg

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
yeah, remind me how realistic the scarecrow is. Does Batman Begins suck now? also tell me how Realistic Ras al ghul is
:dwillhuh:

are we talking about how real the characters themselves are or the portrayal of them in the movie cause...:dwillhuh: I don't much being unrealistic about them

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Idk, ask those marvel stans :manny:
:what:

You're not making much sense. I'm saying the portrayal of those characters were realistic in Batman Begins whereas you're comparing it to a fictional outer space story featuring a talking racc00n and a walking and talking tree

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
i see alot off people overlooked something in the after credit scene
everyone talking about howard the duck and cosmo the space dog... but alot of people seemed not to notice the opened up coc00n in the background. which most likely belonged to adam warlock

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
i see alot off people overlooked something in the after credit scene
everyone talking about howard the duck and cosmo the space dog... but alot of people seemed not to notice the opened up coc00n in the background. which most likely belonged to adam warlock
i see a lot of people didn't read through this thread :beli:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Generally, I agree with this. I always said comic book films...and ESPECIALLY sequels...hinged on the villain. It's why Spiderman 2 is GOAT and Spiderman 3 is trash.

IMO, Marvel has flipped that somehow. They're so good at building and progressing their own characters, and their overall universe, that the marginal quality of the villains hasn't really mattered to me.

They may not create great villains, but they've been good enough. And when they haven't, like Thor 2, the rest of the story has been interesting enough that I didn't much care. They've essentially made villains as trivial as the macguffin in a Hitckcock or classic film noir. They exist almost exclusively to push the plot, and the main characters, forward. What they are and do ultimately doesn't much matter. It's kind of amazing actually....

I disagree completely.

The heroes have shown very little growth across the films. The plots are passable at best, existing only to push from set piece to set piece.

The villains are just kind of there, generic and pointless. To act as if the heros or plots are so good iIt covers up for them is laughable.

Thor 2 was a downright bad film. Everything about it was so bland, forced and forgettable.

And as much as people dont wanna go here, garaunteed disney plays a part in this.

The movies feel pointless because their never really feels like a real threat is happening. The villains are plot devices instead of actual threats. At no point do we ever feel like the heros are in danger.

Last edited:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
:what:

You're not making much sense. I'm saying the portrayal of those characters were realistic in Batman Begins whereas you're comparing it to a fictional outer space story featuring a talking racc00n and a walking and talking tree
no I didnt, wtf are you talking about?