THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Okay I have a question, SPOILER...Why did Yondu abduct Star Lord/Peter when he was a kid? Peter's mom said "your dad will come back for you" or something like that, and then Peter got beamed up right as he went outside. Yondu wasn't mad when when Star Lord put the troll inside of the orb, and Yondu also had a collection of 80's toys on his dash. Were those Peter's also?

Yondu made a comment at the end about "I heard his dad is a real jack ass" and when peter's mom called Peter's dad "an angel", Yondu later said, "I may look like an angel, but I ain't one." I don't think it would make sense for Yondu to be the dad, but I sort of felt the movie was implying that maybe he was? TL;DR - Was Yondu Star Lord's dad? If not, why did he abduct him as a child?

As a whole the movie was really dope. Reminded me a lot of Star Wars. Rocket was awesome, soundtrack was good, the action/humor/drama was all balanced well. The only thing I didn't like was the villain. He seemed pretty generic, especially knowing that Thanos is the real bad ass.
Quill's dad hired Yondu to find him and bring him to him, but Yondu decided not to. They never revealed who Quill's actual father is.

yeah, remind me how realistic the scarecrow is. Does Batman Begins suck now? also tell me how Realistic Ras al ghul is
What's so non-realistic about them?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
is that some type of weak ad hominem you're trying to pull? lol

Im not answering my question for you, you're gonna answer it. Tell me how scarecrow and Ras are realistic, and if Batman Begins sucks
Scarecrow's just a dude who blows drugs in your face :russ: I don't see how he's so farfetched.

Ra's just teaches Bruce ninja shyt. What's so ridiculous about either of them?

And nah, I don't think BB sucked. It was actually my favorite movie out of all three.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Scarecrow's just a dude who blows drugs in your face :russ: I don't see how he's so farfetched.

And Ra's just teaches Bruce ninja shyt. What's so ridiculous about either of them?
:heh:

Point me to a drug that has the same effect as the fear toxin. id love to use that shyt on some people

and find me a dude that can fight/move like him and become immortal using something like the Lazarus pit. ill wait :sas2:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:heh:

Point me to a drug that has the same effect as the fear toxin. id love to use that shyt on some people

and find me a dude that can fight/move like him and become immortal using something like the Lazarus pit. ill wait :sas2:
Norepinephrine. Norepinephrine, along with another neurotransmitter-- Epinephrine, are directly responsible for signaling that trigger to the brain. When released, blood pressure increases as well as heart rate, which releases glucose from energy stores within the body and also allows blood flow to skeletal muscles to increase.

As far as the hallucinations go, I would assume that the neurotransmitters would have to be sort of mixed with other hallucinogens that make people flip out. LSD, for example.

Isolating the trigger responsible for the chemical reaction of 'fear' in our brains, and mixing it with a powerful hallucinogen like LSD.
Just use google, dude.

And nothing even remotely suggests Ra's is immortal in those flicks. Bruce just ends up hallucinating him in TDKR.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Norepinephrine. Norepinephrine, along with another neurotransmitter-- Epinephrine, are directly responsible for signaling that trigger to the brain. When released, blood pressure increases as well as heart rate, which releases glucose from energy stores within the body and also allows blood flow to skeletal muscles to increase.

As far as the hallucinations go, I would assume that the neurotransmitters would have to be sort of mixed with other hallucinogens that make people flip out. LSD, for example.

Isolating the trigger responsible for the chemical reaction of 'fear' in our brains, and mixing it with a powerful hallucinogen like LSD. Just use google, dude.

And nothing even remotely suggests Ra's is immortal in those flicks. Bruce just ends up hallucinating him in TDKR.
my nikka, fear toxin aint real, stop :comeon:

you are for real looking for ANYTHING at this point. Really no use arguing with a stan :snoop:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Completely ignore the facts you were just hit with breh :mjlol: Of course fear toxin aint real, its a movie. I'm saying the effects can be approximated using real-world drugs.

How am I a stan for anything?

Last edited:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Okay I have a question, SPOILER...Why did Yondu abduct Star Lord/Peter when he was a kid? Peter's mom said "your dad will come back for you" or something like that, and then Peter got beamed up right as he went outside. Yondu wasn't mad when when Star Lord put the troll inside of the orb, and Yondu also had a collection of 80's toys on his dash. Were those Peter's also?

Yondu made a comment at the end about "I heard his dad is a real jack ass" and when peter's mom called Peter's dad "an angel", Yondu later said, "I may look like an angel, but I ain't one." I don't think it would make sense for Yondu to be the dad, but I sort of felt the movie was implying that maybe he was? TL;DR - Was Yondu Star Lord's dad? If not, why did he abduct him as a child?

As a whole the movie was really dope. Reminded me a lot of Star Wars. Rocket was awesome, soundtrack was good, the action/humor/drama was all balanced well. The only thing I didn't like was the villain. He seemed pretty generic, especially knowing that Thanos is the real bad ass.

Peter's Dad is a guy called J'Son of Spartax, he's a ruler of an entire kingdom in another galaxy. Yondu was hired by him to pick his kid up when his mother died, but J'Son is known as a pretty big prick throughout the galaxy

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Generally, I agree with this. I always said comic book films...and ESPECIALLY sequels...hinged on the villain. It's why Spiderman 2 is GOAT and Spiderman 3 is trash.

IMO, Marvel has flipped that somehow. They're so good at building and progressing their own characters, and their overall universe, that the marginal quality of the villains hasn't really mattered to me.

They may not create great villains, but they've been good enough. And when they haven't, like Thor 2, the rest of the story has been interesting enough that I didn't much care. They've essentially made villains as trivial as the macguffin in a Hitckcock or classic film noir. They exist almost exclusively to push the plot, and the main characters, forward. What they are and do ultimately doesn't much matter. It's kind of amazing actually....
:wow: marvel has changed the game

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Why is this thread now a breakdown on how "real" the Nolan trilogy is? This forum became Arcadium 2.0 in a fukking week :snoop: