THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think the only reason Bane got taken out the way he did is because Nolan was closing out the trilogy and ending the story. Hardy was the best part of the movie IMO.

There's no way their plan should've failed though. shyt conveniently fell apart at the end. Talia could've easily went with Bane to the prison to kill Bruce Wayne or make it so that he would never walk again or die slowly. Batman punched Bane in his face mask with more accuracy and force the first time they fought but was magically effective the second time :mjpls:
And that stab wound should've killed Batman.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
And a villain is just as important as a hero in comics.

Generally, I agree with this. I always said comic book films...and ESPECIALLY sequels...hinged on the villain. It's why Spiderman 2 is GOAT and Spiderman 3 is trash.

IMO, Marvel has flipped that somehow. They're so good at building and progressing their own characters, and their overall universe, that the marginal quality of the villains hasn't really mattered to me.

They may not create great villains, but they've been good enough. And when they haven't, like Thor 2, the rest of the story has been interesting enough that I didn't much care. They've essentially made villains as trivial as the macguffin in a Hitckcock or classic film noir. They exist almost exclusively to push the plot, and the main characters, forward. What they are and do ultimately doesn't much matter. It's kind of amazing actually....

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
There's no way their plan should've failed though. shyt conveniently fell apart at the end. Talia could've easily went with Bane to the prison to kill Bruce Wayne or make it so that he would never walk again or die slowly. Batman punched Bane in his face mask with more accuracy and force the first time they fought but was magically effective the second time :mjpls:
And that stab wound should've killed Batman.
All of that's 100% true :mjlol:

It was just sloppy writing all around. Nolan really phoned it in.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
awesome movie. fukking batista was hilarious - definitely made the movie for me and i didn't expect that from his character at all.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
All of that's 100% true :mjlol:

It was just sloppy writing all around. Nolan really phoned it in.

And I just realized that Bane was looking at cat woman the entire time. They made it seem like she drove in at the last minute to save bruce. Bane and Bruce was looking dead ass at cat woman and Bane pretended he didn't see her :deadrose: Or maybe he didn't think those two big ass guns didn't work.

All of the angles in that scene didn't make sense. Peep where Bane is standing at the beginning and watch the windows. Then look where he's standing the moment he's shot. Then peep where batman turns and looks. :mindblown:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
And that stab wound should've killed Batman

we're applying things that work in the real world to the comic book world now? :what:

edit: this nikka is for real trying to apply some type of science here

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Generally, I agree with this. I always said comic book films...and ESPECIALLY sequels...hinged on the villain. It's why Spiderman 2 is GOAT and Spiderman 3 is trash.

IMO, Marvel has flipped that somehow. They're so good at building and progressing their own characters, and their overall universe, that the marginal quality of the villains hasn't really mattered to me.

They may not create great villains, but they've been good enough. And when they haven't, like Thor 2, the rest of the story has been interesting enough that I didn't much care. They've essentially made villains as trivial as the macguffin in a Hitckcock or classic film noir. They exist almost exclusively to push the plot, and the main characters, forward. What they are and do ultimately doesn't much matter. It's kind of amazing actually....

Finally a rational point without stan fanboyism!

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good post.

Marvel has written all their stories through the heroes' perspective and how they perceive the threat more so than who the villain is.

Even building the Thanos storyline, it's the threat of the infinity stones is what they're getting the viewers to understand.

It's worked pretty well so far in their movies.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Dark Knight stans site the realism of those movies as to why its the greatest comic book series of all time :mjpls:
Ive never heard anyone say Dark Knight/Batman is the greatest comic book series personally.

But if thats the case, did they ever say its 100% real? Yeah you can say Batman universe is the closest to being realistic but its definitely not. Look at some of the villains

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never revisited it. Bane was dope, Catwoman was dope, pieces of the plot were dope....but there was a lot of shyt that was bad. Just....laughably bad. @Ethnic Vagina Finder went over a few things.

I low key pretend "TDKR" doesn't exist. That's how much I dislike it.

Fred.
The final act killed it for me. The cops with clubs and a few handguns running towards mercenaries with automatic rifles like it was a scene out of Braveheart was :mjlol:. And then the mercenaries decided to run towards them even when they had the higher ground and the automatic weapons:dead:
Then when he started yelling at Bane where the trigger was :russ:

If the movie was goofy throughout like the Expendables then those scenes would have fit right in. But the movie had a serious tone throughout so some scenes just didn't fit.

I still watch it though. The first act is piff.

"Deshi Basara":blessed:
And for the laughs in the end:lolbron:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Okay I have a question, SPOILER...Why did Yondu abduct Star Lord/Peter when he was a kid? Peter's mom said "your dad will come back for you" or something like that, and then Peter got beamed up right as he went outside. Yondu wasn't mad when when Star Lord put the troll inside of the orb, and Yondu also had a collection of 80's toys on his dash. Were those Peter's also?

Yondu made a comment at the end about "I heard his dad is a real jack ass" and when peter's mom called Peter's dad "an angel", Yondu later said, "I may look like an angel, but I ain't one." I don't think it would make sense for Yondu to be the dad, but I sort of felt the movie was implying that maybe he was? TL;DR - Was Yondu Star Lord's dad? If not, why did he abduct him as a child?

As a whole the movie was really dope. Reminded me a lot of Star Wars. Rocket was awesome, soundtrack was good, the action/humor/drama was all balanced well. The only thing I didn't like was the villain. He seemed pretty generic, especially knowing that Thanos is the real bad ass.