THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Now my question is how Marvel gonna fit all these superheroes into Avengers 3. Are we possibly looking at a 3 hour movie or is this a Part 1 & Part 2 scenario :whew:.

I enjoyed this so much they could have thrown in another 30 mins and I would have had no complaints.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Were the trees in lord of the rings a focal point of the marketing?

You right, the marketing featured wizards, elves, dwarves, magic swords, hobbits, and had a Lego toy run and video game based on it.

That's a lot more kiddy than a cursing, gun toting, racc00n.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Compare a movie to kids films then deny its a kids film brehs.
I agree with duke from a while back that said this feels more like fifth element than Star Wars.

Now impact wise, for this new young generation I could see it having a Star Wars type impact on a lower scale. But feel wise, I think it matches more with something like the fifth element.

be an idiot that bends over backwards to make a multifaceted subject like film, black and white to validate irrational feelings of bitterness and insecurity towards strangers you'll never see or meet, brehs

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You right, the marketing featured wizards, elves, dwarves, magic swords, hobbits, and had a Lego toy run and video game based on it.

That's a lot more kiddy than a cursing, gun toting, racc00n.
The average age of peopke buying video games is 35. @hexagram23 went on a tangent the other day about lego not being for kids.

Game of thrones contains a bunch of similar shyt is that for kids too?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
When you keep winning titles, people start rooting against you. People swore this would be the movie that caused a step back for Marvel, now its being praised as one of its best... What else can people say. Hate on the people that enjoyed it. The knock now is that its too formulaic. You mean a movie with a plot that's connected to past and future movies follows a similar pattern leading up to a grand conclusion :mjpls: What the hell else are they supposed to do?? :mindblown:

I hated on transformer but even the people that was trying to cosign it admitted it was bad.
im honestly surprised it did so well. i didnt think it'd flop, but a bunch of random characters being thrown together and it being a success is big for marvel. this should give them the confidence to do a black panther movie.

:mjpls:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
be an idiot that bends over backwards to make a multifaceted subject like film, black and white to validate irrational feelings of bitterness and insecurity towards strangers you'll never see or meet, brehs
What about the dozens of other posts then? :lupe:

Do they not count anymore? :lupe:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So they drop easter eggs for people they don't make movies for? :heh:

I don't even know what people are arguing about at this point.
lol thats what im saying. the main demographic for this movie are the 25-35 year old nerds that obsess over this comic shyt anyway. the ones posting on messageboards about this shyt. they are guaranteed to drop money on shyt they are already fanatical about.

there being a talking rac00n and a funny tree is just extra gravy to bring in kids. its a film intended for everyone. unless youre a nerd filled with insecurity that thinks movies are either only for kids or only for adults, so you can win the latest battle in the war against the evil marvel stans

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
kobe_cmon_son.jpg

Of course you would rate it low. I bet you, you wanted to leave halfway through right???
Left after his mom died

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I want to see a Swamp Thing reboot, but of course WB/DC are trying to copy Marvel with a Justice League movie

:wow::wow: I remember the joint from the 80's

the amount of hate in this thread is ridiculous though. I thought comic book heads were supposed to unite :leon:. Pro DC cats have a problem with Marvel's villains after the way Bane and Zod were treated in their respective flicks? :scusthov:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
random.. but i browsed amazons toy best sellers and the only GOTG related thing is a groot toy..damn near everything else in the top 100 is related to frozen

both versions of the soundtrack are in the top 10(2 and 7 respectively)

guess the kids ain't demanding the toys, but the adults are copping the music :mjpls:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
random.. but i browsed amazons toy best sellers and the only GOTG related thing is a groot toy..damn near everything else in the top 100 is related to frozen

both versions of the soundtrack are in the top 10(2 and 7 respectively)

guess the kids ain't demanding the toys, but the adults are copping the music :mjpls:
I thought Quill in his mask would be a good toy but they all look cheaply made
Hasbro Guardians of the Galaxy Figures 2-Packs – Toy Fair 2014
Posted on February 26, 2014 by Dabid
When Hasbro announced the lineup for the Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy figures assortment earlier this month, many collectors (including me) were bummed that the movie Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Legends were limited to the five members of the team with zero villains or secondary characters. Well, Hasbro revealed a whole range of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.5″ figure two-packs at Toy Fair 2014 last week, and if you want villains and ancillary characters, you’re in luck! But if you want high-quality, well-articulated figures of those characters–then you may be out of luck…

Everyone that was expecting Hasbro to debut their 3.75″ Marvel Universe-scale Guardians of the Galaxy action figures at the 2014 Toy Fair was in for a real surprise: there is no 3 3/4″ Guardians of the Galaxy figures line. Instead, Hasbro is jumping into a whole new scale for their Marvel action figures: 2.5″! At two-thirds the size of a standard Hasbro Marvel Universe action figure and the same height as the Funko Mystery Minis, this is a whole new frontier for Hasbro to tackle.
The five Guardians of the Galaxy Battle Gear 2.5″ Figures Two-Packs are:

2.5″ Guardians of the Galaxy Star Lord (Peter Quill) & Gamora Figures

Of the 2.5″ GOTG two-packs, the Peter Quill Star Lord and Gamora two-pack is easily my favorite. These are not figures that are going to win any awards, mind you, but the Chris Pratt Star-Lord looks fairly cool (for a $3 toy) and Gamora comes out looking like a tough woman and not just some babe.

2.5″ Guardians of the Galaxy Drax & Kortath Figures

Despite being a secondary character, this Korath figure has the most detailed sculpting of any figure in the whole Hasbro Guardians of the Galaxy Battle Gear line. Drax has a passable resemblance to Batista, just as he should. Again, these 5 points-of-articulation figures are certainly not going to win any awards, but for 6 bucks per two-pack? They’re acceptable.

GOTG Groot, Rocket Racc00n (with gun) and Sakaaran Warrior Figures 3-Pack

http://marveltoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hasbro-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Rocket-Racc00n-Figure-with-Blaster-e1393441667658-640x812.jpgThis is the first of two “three-packs”. The Rocket Racc00n figurines are totally unarticulated and might be better suited to being considered a pack-in than a figure of his own. Even so, he’s probably still going to cause more kids to buy the packs he’s in than any other figure in them.

The Sakaaran Warrior figure’s design looks very strange to me on this toy–I’ll be interested to see exactly what these soldiers look like in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Hasbro Guardians of the Galaxy Ronan & Star Lord Figures Two-Pack

The paint deco on Star Lord’s mask is simply terrible on this prototype, but otherwise the masked Starlord figure doesn’t look all that bad. The movie Ronan design looks unexpectedly cool–movie Ronan is arguably a better design than his comic book iteration. I really, truly wish that Hasbro had a 6″ Marvel Legends Ronan figure in the works, but alas.

GOTG Groot, Rocket Raccon and Nova Corps Officer Action Figures

Finally, we’ve got another three-pack containing a slightly different Groot, a Rocket Racc00n without gun, and a Nova Corps Officer. This Rocket looks terrible and I’m apathetic toward the Groot with some sort of green substance (cosmic moss?) growing on him. The Nova Corps Officer figure is sort of neat, though I’m not sold on this interpretation of the Nova costume just yet.

My honest opinion on these? I think they’re kind of awful. Forgive me, but I’m spoiled by the quality 2″ Mega Bloks figures that I collect, which have ball-jointed hips and shoulders and are going to be getting even more articulated later this year. Those figures retail for the same cost of $3 each, and are truthfully better sculpted, painted and articulated than these 2.5″ Guardians of the Galaxy Hasbro figures. These aren’t a deplorable first attempt at smaller-scale figures, but Hasbro certainly has a ways to go.

http://marveltoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Rocket-Racc00n-2.5-Inch-Figure-Hasbro-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-e1393441644345-640x974.jpgAt 6 bucks per two-pack and just 30 dollars for the whole series, I may pick these up because they’re cheap and I expect to love the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but I’m really not excited about this 2.5″ Battle Gear line. Having the smaller scale in order to have smaller-scaled starships is a genius move, but these figures just aren’t up to snuff (in my opinion).

What are your opinions on this value-priced, small-sized range of Hasbro Guardians of the Galaxy Battle Gear two-packs, Marvel collectors? Anyone planning to dig in deep for this line?