THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. all the the time. Every easter egg does not pan out to mean anything. Often its just the film makers way of acknowledging fans of the source material. nothing more nothing less.

No, you said these "marvel movies" aren't made to appeal to comic fans, so why would they need to drop easter eggs for a supposed demographic they don't care about?

The point is your dont need to catch the easter eggs to know whats going on in these movies. The films so far have all been very simple and explained themselves. You guys have to separate yourselves from the source material. Your filling in gaps and things missing in the movie with your knowledge of the source material and comics which have depth and are complexly interwoven. The movies do not do this and its on purpose cause like I said they are meant to stand alone and engage the average viewer. As a result of this though they end up being cookie cutter popcorn flicks. not the cinematic masterpieces your proclaiming them to be.

Not really, they do tie into subsequent films (unless you've got the scripts to GOTG 2 and Avengers 2 :lupe:), they're meant as teaser trailer, not as a complete bridge to the next films, and i've never heard anyone refer to them beyond as much; plus, the films aren't ever going to beat you over the head with source material anyway, aside from information concerning the main characters (which isn't limited to Marvel Films), but if you pay attention they do give an insight into a character's actions. Just say you don't like it.

EDIT: Execpt for the Iron Man series, they lucked out with Robert Downey Jr with that one, 3 still has me like:why:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But that goes back to what I said. 4 gems on earth? Both those movies are going to be on earth and the odds of that many gems being located on earth are slim to none. The others will either be in Thor or Guardians because I think they are on other planets

Technically the Aether wasn't on Earth, due to the events in "Thor 2" there was a crack in reality that lead to the place where it was, remember?

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nah, J'Son of Spartax is Peter Quill's dad:

http://marvel.wikia.com/J'son_(Earth-616)

Adam Warlock is one of the main members of Guardians of the Galaxy. He was basically meant to be the perfect being, grown in a coc00n by a race of aliens called The Enclave. He's pretty important to the over all story because he's interacted with/fought Thanos several times. Also he has the Soul Gem, which Thanos is obviously after:

http://marvel.com/universe/Warlock,_Adam

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The problem with the thread is people are trying to compartmentalize what's already a subgenre of cinema.

Kids love "The Dark Knight". Kids love "GoTG". So far so good?

Here's where people get lost: neither are necessarily kids movies.

Fred.
Gotg was clearly marketed and presented as a "kids" movie.

People comparing it to star wars are gotg fans denying its a kids film.

Well guess what. George Lucas has said himself star wars is a kids film.

The tdk trilogy was pg but it was clearly not presented or marketed as a kids movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gotg was clearly marketed and presented as a "kids" movie.

How?

You can't argue the "talking rac00n" angle, the movie didn't create that character.

The Jackson Pollock joke was aimed at kids? The Kevin Bacon joke? The 70's and 80's sound track? The "Maltese Falcon" reference? The Howard The Duck easter egg?

Keep in mind the first trailer for the movie was cut for Comic-Con, the attendees average age is 16-34.

So kids....how? Honestly confused here. It was aimed at 80's kids, sure.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
How?

You can't argue the "talking rac00n" angle, the movie didn't create that character.

The Jackson Pollock joke was aimed at kids? The Kevin Bacon joke? The 70's and 80's sound track? The "Maltese Falcon" reference? The Howard The Duck easter egg?

Keep in mind the first trailer for the movie was cut for Comic-Con, the attendees average age is 16-34.

Fred.
Youre clearly playing dumb.

Kids movies nowadays almost ALWAYS contain jokes that are aimed at adults And designed to go over kids heads.

Puss n boots(spin off of shrek, kids movies also containing adult jokes) contained a joke about prison rape. But it was structured so children wouldnt understand it because its in a KIDS film, same as the jackson pollock joke. No kid would understand that joke.

How many times have you watched an old cartoon you loved from childhood as an adult to discover adult jokes that went over your head.

Gotg is CLEARLY designed and presented as a kids movie.

Prezenting at comic con means nothing. Its based on a comic book. Why wouldnt it be at comic con.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
How?

Fred.
i still don't get it fred.

my then 13 year old self did NOT like the first star wars prequel because i felt it was "too kiddy". word to jar jar binks

my current self loved this movie. it had semen jokes and a lot of innuendo how is it a kids movie :mindblown:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So this:
joker-pencil-trick-animation-2-six-painful-pencil-scenes.gif

And this:
tumblr_n9qjh7zUFu1rt2r24o1_250.gif

Are the same movies to you guys :dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you guys see these movies how u want them to be rather than what they are... this was an average safe typical marvel movie with a few easter eggs thrown in for the nerds that the average viewer will miss but ultimately have nothing to do with the story or any future marvel films.

I dont know why you guys do all this speculation and reinterpretation after these marvel films come out. All these movies are only loosely related. The movies are meant to stand alone so the average person can follow. They throw you nerds a bone every now and then to keep you talking. Warlocks cac00n in the background means nothing.. if they wanted it to mean more it would have been in the movie. Same thing with all these theories on thanos. He was in the movie for 2 minutes. If they wanted to give him more depth they would have.. he is just gonna end up another hollow villian a giant space ship crashes on top of in avengers 3. Marvel only cares about money and their formula is working. Yall are setting yourself up to be dissappointed.

A lot of what you said is certainly true, but the dialogue/chemistry between the main characters in this flick was fukking great IMO.

I'm normally a Marvel detractor, but they at least gave me SOMETHING of substance in this film.The characterization was so good, I didn't really notice the usual Marvel formulaic thing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Youre clearly playing dumb.

Kids movies nowadays almost ALWAYS contain jokes that are aimed at adults And designed to go over kids heads.

Puss n boots(spin off of shrek, kids movies also containing adult jokes) contained a joke about prison rape. But it was structured so children wouldnt understand it because its in a KIDS film, same as the jackson pollock joke. No kid would understand that joke.

How many times have you watched an old cartoon you loved from childhood as an adult to discover adult jokes that went over your head.

Prezenting at comic con means nothing. Its based on a comic book. Why wouldnt it be at comic con.

:what:

"Breaking Bad", "Hannibal" and "X-Files" have all been at Comic-Con. This ain't 1994. Comic-Con =/= comics exclusively. They show case movies, TV shows, whatever.

And nah....I'm not playing dumb. I asked a straight forward question and you responded with

With no kind of logical argument.

Again....HOW? Keep in mind Comic-Con was the first time anybody seen footage of the movie. They chose that venue for a reason, due to the associated age bracket. You're acting like it got rolled out at Chuck E. Cheese.

This ain't like an episode of an old cartoon with an occasional adult joke. The bulk of the humor and pop culture references would go over the head of anyone that isn't in their mid 20's, at the very least. Including the entire sound track.

Matter of fact, let's look at some cold hard numbers here:

http://www.businessweek.com/article...y-earned-94-million-this-weekend-dot-now-what

The film’s opening-weekend audience was 44 percent female, well above other Marvel titles, and 55 percent of the audience was age 25 and older.

Which is exactly the age bracket I just said. But I'm playing dumb? :heh:

Hell, let's go deeper. Google "is Guardians of the Galaxy for kids?"

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=is+guardians+of+the+galaxy+for+kids

The vast majority of the answers are "maybe" to "probably not", due to the violence, language, and references that go over their heads. I don't see any ringing endorsements for this as a kid's movie, from parents.

So....what are you talking about?

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So this:
joker-pencil-trick-animation-2-six-painful-pencil-scenes.gif

And this:
tumblr_n9qjh7zUFu1rt2r24o1_250.gif

Are the same movies to you guys :dead:

See this is what I'm talking about.

There's several scenes of violence in "GoTG" but you choose to focus on this. Ok, let's focus on the ball room dance in "TDKR" and say it's a chick flick.

Make some sense man.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:what:

"Breaking Bad", "Hannibal" and "X-Files" have all been at Comic-Con. This ain't 1994. Comic-Con =/= comics exclusively. They show case movies, TV shows, whatever.

And nah....I'm not playing dumb. I asked a straight forward question and you responded with

With no kind of logical argument.

Again....HOW? Keep in mind Comic-Con was the first time anybody seen footage of the movie. They chose that venue for a reason, due to the associated age bracket. You're acting like it got rolled out at Chuck E. Cheese.

This ain't like an episode of an old cartoon with an occasional adult joke. The bulk of the humor and pop culture references would go over the head of anyone that isn't in their mid 20's, at the very least. Including the entire sound track.

Matter of fact, let's look at some cold hard numbers here:

http://www.businessweek.com/article...y-earned-94-million-this-weekend-dot-now-what

Which is exactly the age bracket I just said. But I'm playing dumb? :heh:

Hell, let's go deeper. Google "is Guardians of the Galaxy for kids?"

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=is guardians of the galaxy for kids

The vast majority of the answers are "maybe" to "probably not", due to the violence, language, and references that go over their heads. I don't see any ringing endorsements for this as a kid's movie, from parents.

So....what are you talking about?

Fred.
:dead:

Way to twist around everything into irrelevant nonsense.

Do me a favour. Point out where I said comic con is only for comics.

Ill wait.

Sorry. I didnt. You dudes get in such a huff and start going off on tangents that make ZERO sense.

Every single comic film gets shown at comic con. What the fukk does breaking bad have to do with that or are you required to mention breaking bad every few posts of yours?

They dont push COMIC films at COMIC con because of age brackets :russ:

Why would Marvel, a COMIC company, not show their film based on a COMIC at COMIC con. Other stuff being their is in no way relevant to the conversation and you grasping at straws.

And fukking :dead: at your arguement being that 55% are adults going to the movie. So that means 45% was kids.

You think parents are not taking their kids to the movie? Their just throwing their 5 year olds kids a $20 saying go see a movie :dahell:

You got posyers in here themselves saying kids were running down the aisles and the theatres were packed with kids.

Matter of fact go look up frozen and toy story. A huge percentage of their box offices are males and females in their 20's.

Take your own advice and make some sense.

Maybe start with not being so emotional because you cant admit the film is for kids.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
See this is what I'm talking about.

There's several scenes of violence in "GoTG" but you choose to focus on this. Ok, let's focus on the ball room dance in "TDKR" and say it's a chick flick.

Make some sense man.

Fred.

Yes. Batman is a rom com flick.

Because that makes sense.

:mjlol:

Now your changing genres :pachaha:. Star wars is a sci fi movie but its for kids. Aliens is a sci fi movie and its made for adults.

See the difference?

Are you even listening to yourself?

Gotg and batman come from comics. So do Archie and the punisher.

Gotg is a comic book film but its made for kids. The batman trilogy are comic book films but they are made for adults.

See the difference?

One is not like the other. If you cant see the difference I dont know what to tell you because youre being blind.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Pretend movies with talking racc00ns and trees arent aimed at children brehs.

This just in: wreck it ralph is not a kids movies because it contains references and characters to video games from the 80s/90s.