THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't understand why some of you are mad that people enjoyed this movie. Reminds me of how people used to get mad nobody cared about supporting battle rappers that spit over generic bipp boop beats with a bland orchestra sample

When you keep winning titles, people start rooting against you. People swore this would be the movie that caused a step back for Marvel, now its being praised as one of its best... What else can people say. Hate on the people that enjoyed it. The knock now is that its too formulaic. You mean a movie with a plot that's connected to past and future movies follows a similar pattern leading up to a grand conclusion :mjpls: What the hell else are they supposed to do?? :mindblown:

I hated on transformer but even the people that was trying to cosign it admitted it was bad.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1. The fact that it's been shown in more than one movie speaks to the level of its importance.

2. In avengers it was able to interact with and turn off the portal, like how the gems would interact with the gauntlet.

3. It appears that Thanos gave it to Loki within that staff for limited application purposes. Odin refers to the gems as relics and I doubt he knows it's true power. And neither does Loki. If they are implying that hydra used it to give quicksilver and Scarlett witch there powers, that would show that it has way more capabilities than thought.

3. marvel has rolled out theses gems slowly and calculated. If they only rolled out 3 so far instead of four then they would have to hurry up and rush out the other 3. I doubt anymore would be on earth because that would make 3. So you have Thor 3 and guardians of the galaxy 2 to introduce 3 more gems until avengers 3. I highly doubt it.

Doctor Strange and or Ant-Man....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you guys see these movies how u want them to be rather than what they are... this was an average safe typical marvel movie with a few easter eggs thrown in for the nerds that the average viewer will miss but ultimately have nothing to do with the story or any future marvel films.

I dont know why you guys do all this speculation and reinterpretation after these marvel films come out. All these movies are only loosely related. The movies are meant to stand alone so the average person can follow. They throw you nerds a bone every now and then to keep you talking. Warlocks cac00n in the background means nothing.. if they wanted it to mean more it would have been in the movie. Same thing with all these theories on thanos. He was in the movie for 2 minutes. If they wanted to give him more depth they would have.. he is just gonna end up another hollow villian a giant space ship crashes on top of in avengers 3. Marvel only cares about money and their formula is working. Yall are setting yourself up to be dissappointed.

By that logic there would never be an Avengers movie because the scene with Nick Fury and Tony Stark was just for the nerds.

By that logic The Infinity Gauntlet in the first "Thor" was just a throw away easter egg. Meanwhile 10 movies later the entire franchise is based on it.

Some of you cats are stuck in this fossil mind state that the only people that care about this kind of shyt are nerds. Meanwhile 44% of the opening weekend for "GoTG" was women.

All this "nerd shyt" has been mainstream since the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy blew up. Talking to some of you cats is like talking to old people about video games. Or hell, worse than that because old people actually play video games now.

Fred.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
By that logic there would never be an Avengers movie because the scene with Nick Fury and Tony Stark was just for the nerds.

By that logic The Infinity Gauntlet in the first "Thor" was just a throw away easter egg. Meanwhile 10 movies later the entire franchise is based on it.

Some of you cats are stuck in this fossil mind state that the only people that care about this kind of shyt are nerds. Meanwhile 44% of the opening weekend for "GoTG" was women.

All this "nerd shyt" has been mainstream since the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy blew up. Talking to some of you cats is like talking to old people about video games. Or hell, worse than that because old people actually play video games now.

Fred.

THAT LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY ON BLU-RAY IS.......... :whew:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I said they were loosely related fool. But the movies are generally made to stand alone. If you never saw that 5 second nick fury cameo scene in iron man it would have no effect on your viewing of the Avengers. Everything you needed to know in Avengers was explained in Avengers.

Fred.

The point I was making is that it is NOT for you nerds. Your making my point for me.. These marvel movies are for kids and the casual movie goer. That's why they lack depth and continue to follow the same format in each movie. This was a generic, cookie cutter marvel movie down to the cheesy played out ending. nothing more, nothing less.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said they were loosely related fool. But the movies are generally made to stand alone. If you never saw that 5 second nick fury cameo scene in iron man it would have no effect on your viewing of the Avengers. Everything you needed to know in Avengers was explained in Avengers.

The point I was making is that it is NOT for you nerds. Your making my point for me.. These marvel movies are for kids and the casual movie goer. That's why they lack depth and continue to follow the same format in each movie. This was a generic, cookie cutter marvel movie down to the cheesy played out ending. nothing more, nothing less.

Do you actually watch these in the theaters? If nobody cared about the after credits scene the entire theater wouldn't stay sat the fukk down to wait for it. If nobody cared about it, it wouldn't have been removed from the screenings of "GoTG" until opening day. People wait for it because they're interested to see how the stories connect, however loosely.

Like I said, you're out of touch with reality. You called me a nerd....homie, I ain't picked up a comic since the early 90's. In 2014 the average person is interested in what you think is only interesting to nerds. How you're completely oblivious to this, I have no idea.

And the problem with your criticism is it applies to all Hollywood movies. I'm not trying to turn this into Marvel vs DC but Bane got punched in the face then hit with a rocket. Hollywood mishandles villains in general. If that happens in the MCU so be it but it obviously ain't been a problem so far, because people actually like these movies. They go see them. So saying "you guys will be disappointed with Thanos" is borderline hating when you're talking about "Avengers 3" and the movie don't drop for 5 fukking years.

Then again this is the same thread that claimed this movie would be critically panned, and flop, so the goal post needs to move I guess.

Fred.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So they drop easter eggs for people they don't make movies for? :heh:

I don't even know what people are arguing about at this point.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

How is it that you are unable to follow that in Iron Man the teaser was Nick Fury, Nick Fury then became a huge character in later movies, in GoTG Adam Warlock's cac00n is a teaser, so there is a good chance he will be in later movies. Whats wrong with catching shyt like that early?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you actually watch these in the theaters? If nobody cared about the after credits scene the entire theater wouldn't stay sat the fukk down to wait for it. If nobody cared about it, it wouldn't have been removed from the screenings of "GoTG" until opening day. People wait for it because they're interested to see how the stories connect, however loosely.

Like I said, you're out of touch with reality. You called me a nerd....homie, I ain't picked up a comic since the early 90's. In 2014 the average person is interested in what you think is only interesting to nerds. How you're completely oblivious to this, I have no idea.

And the problem with your criticism is it applies to all Hollywood movies. I'm not trying to turn this into Marvel vs DC but Bane got punched in the face then hit with a rocket. Hollywood mishandles villains in general. If that happens in the MCU so be it but it obviously ain't been a problem so far, because people actually like these movies. They go see them. So saying "you guys will be disappointed with Thanos" is borderline hating when you're talking about "Avengers 3" and the movie don't drop for 5 fukking years.

Then again this is the same thread that claimed this movie would be critically panned, and flop, so the goal post needs to move I guess.

Fred.
Ive seen all the marvel movies in theaters. Fortunately I didn't have to pay for most of them. And most people don't wait around after the credits anymore. And its not hating to point out the obvious that most of the Marvel movies end the same way with a giant space ship crashing into the ground or on top the villain. Its a fact. And I'm not talking about DC movies or any other movies. This is about marvel movies.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

How is it that you are unable to follow that in Iron Man the teaser was Nick Fury, Nick Fury then became a huge character in later movies, in GoTG Adam Warlock's cac00n is a teaser, so there is a good chance he will be in later movies. Whats wrong with catching shyt like that early?

I'm saying. Dude needs to step back and re-evaluate how retarded he sounds.

I feel like I fell through a time machine. If this was around "Iron Man", I could understand being this out of touch with reality. Son said the movies are "loosely related" when a 2 second shot of the Infinity Gauntlet In "Thor" 3 years ago is the basis for the entire franchise, and was expanded upon last weekend to the tune of $160 million. But nah, only nerds care about it. :mjlol:

Fred.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yes. all the the time. Every easter egg does not pan out to mean anything. Often its just the film makers way of acknowledging fans of the source material. nothing more nothing less.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying. Dude needs to step back and re-evaluate how retarded he sounds.

I feel like I fell through a time machine. If this was around "Iron Man", I could understand being this out of touch with reality. Son said the movies are "loosely related" when a 2 second shot of the Infinity Gauntlet In "Thor" 3 years ago is the basis for the entire franchise, and was expanded upon last weekend to the tune of $160 million. But nah, only nerds care about it. :mjlol:

Fred.
The point is your dont need to catch the easter eggs to know whats going on in these movies. The films so far have all been very simple and explained themselves. You guys have to separate yourselves from the source material. Your filling in gaps and things missing in the movie with your knowledge of the source material and comics which have depth and are complexly interwoven. The movies do not do this and its on purpose cause like I said they are meant to stand alone and engage the average viewer. As a result of this though they end up being cookie cutter popcorn flicks. not the cinematic masterpieces your proclaiming them to be.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Doctor Strange and or Ant-Man....

But that goes back to what I said. 4 gems on earth? Both those movies are going to be on earth and the odds of that many gems being located on earth are slim to none. The others will either be in Thor or Guardians because I think they are on other planets

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So Adam Warlock is starlords father in this movie mythos?

whats this coc00n thing you all are talking about

Nah, J'Son of Spartax is Peter Quill's dad:

http://marvel.wikia.com/J'son_(Earth-616)

Adam Warlock is one of the main members of Guardians of the Galaxy. He was basically meant to be the perfect being, grown in a coc00n by a race of aliens called The Enclave. He's pretty important to the over all story because he's interacted with/fought Thanos several times. Also he has the Soul Gem, which Thanos is obviously after:

http://marvel.com/universe/Warlock,_Adam

Fred.