THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Guardians of the Galaxy 2:feedme:

Not sure if asked, but how much $$$ did Vin Diesel get for this?? :dead:

Groot and Rocket chemistry was :lawd: and Drax was hilarity

Maybe you were expecting a deep, accurate sci-fi thriller.... I would be disappointed as well

Not sure if said already in the thread, but this would compare better to Firefly than Star Wars

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I loved this. I'm putting this above the Avengers but not better than Cap 2. Everyone was perfectly cast. Groot :wow:. I'm calling it now. Pratt is the new Robert Downey Jr. of these Marvel movies. The guy completely sold his character. Movie is a solid 4/5.

Also I can't find the article but the director basically says he was :troll: with the end credits scene.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
dc fans are so mad at them reviews and numbers
:mjlol:

wat6rr.jpg

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
So yes, I'm sure to a lot of young people Peter Quill is their Han Solo. Groot is their Chewbacca. Ronan is their Darth Vader, Thanos is their Emperor Palpatine. And before someone nerds out and says :mindblown: "Ronan ain't shyt compared to Darth Vader!"....again, these people probably don't give enough of a fukk about Vader, or "Star Wars" in general, to even engage you in that argument. Because they have no frame of reference for how awesome Vader is supposed to be.

Would've thought that Quill would be their Luke with Rocket being their Han Solo and Groot as their Chewbacca. :ld:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I do not know... i need more information... it wasnt confirmed im just basing it off of what im seeing in these movies...

1. The fact that it's been shown in more than one movie speaks to the level of its importance.

2. In avengers it was able to interact with and turn off the portal, like how the gems would interact with the gauntlet.

3. It appears that Thanos gave it to Loki within that staff for limited application purposes. Odin refers to the gems as relics and I doubt he knows it's true power. And neither does Loki. If they are implying that hydra used it to give quicksilver and Scarlett witch there powers, that would show that it has way more capabilities than thought.

3. marvel has rolled out theses gems slowly and calculated. If they only rolled out 3 so far instead of four then they would have to hurry up and rush out the other 3. I doubt anymore would be on earth because that would make 3. So you have Thor 3 and guardians of the galaxy 2 to introduce 3 more gems until avengers 3. I highly doubt it.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you guys see these movies how u want them to be rather than what they are... this was an average safe typical marvel movie with a few easter eggs thrown in for the nerds that the average viewer will miss but ultimately have nothing to do with the story or any future marvel films.

I dont know why you guys do all this speculation and reinterpretation after these marvel films come out. All these movies are only loosely related. The movies are meant to stand alone so the average person can follow. They throw you nerds a bone every now and then to keep you talking. Warlocks cac00n in the background means nothing.. if they wanted it to mean more it would have been in the movie. Same thing with all these theories on thanos. He was in the movie for 2 minutes. If they wanted to give him more depth they would have.. he is just gonna end up another hollow villian a giant space ship crashes on top of in avengers 3. Marvel only cares about money and their formula is working. Yall are setting yourself up to be dissappointed.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
went to see this and laughed out loud about three times and I never do that :heh:

and yes Ronnan was underused like yall said but the director clearly straight wasn't focused on that, just the team coming together. I can forgive that in this film but not in Thor 2 where the villain was pathetic :ehh:

some of the lines in this movie really had me like :mjlol: tho
Are you white?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't understand why some of you are mad that people enjoyed this movie. Reminds me of how people used to get mad nobody cared about supporting battle rappers that spit over generic bipp boop beats with a bland orchestra sample

Breh where you been at? It's the internet.

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
I don't understand why some of you are mad that people enjoyed this movie. Reminds me of how people used to get mad nobody cared about supporting battle rappers that spit over generic bipp boop beats with a bland orchestra sample
For real these negative c*nts Just want to suck the fun out of everything. This movie was great experience. End of story.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would've thought that Quill would be their Luke with Rocket being their Han Solo and Groot as their Chewbacca. :ld:

As far as their function in the story, yeah. But character-wise? Peter Quill is cut from the same space rogue cloth as Han Solo and Mal Reynolds.

Fred.