THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw this yesterday. Didn't know what to expect and was hoping I wasn't gonna be let down due to all the hype.

:blessed:Great movie. The characters, design, action and humor were all there. I'll put this right up there next to the Winter Soldier. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes still at the top tho :youngsabo:
edge of tomorrow tops them all

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since all of Thanos' hired goons failed to get him the stones every phase 3 movie after credit scene should be Based on Thanos' quest where we see him just roll up to asgard to stomp out loki and take the tesseract then the Collector for the Aether. Im guessing strange will have the mind stone.

GOTG 2 he goes after the power stone and warlock will have the last one he needs the soul stone

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Since all of Thanos' hired goons failed to get him the stones every phase 3 movie after credit scene should be Based on Thanos' quest where we see him just roll up to asgard to stomp out loki and take the tesseract then the Collector for the Aether. Im guessing strange will have the mind stone.

GOTG 2 he goes after the power stone and warlock will have the last one he needs the soul stone

I think Thanos been in the cut trying to collect them shyts on the low. I think only a handful of people know about their true power as well as the gauntlet and if the ones that do find out Thanos is :shaq:, they will beef up security. They're saying Loki's scepter in Avengers was one of the gems so i'm like :mindblown: why would he give that one away? Loki had 2 of the stones so Thanos should been like, :troll: "just bring them shyts back and I'll take care of earth later on" so Loki must not know about their true power... but the gantlet is in Asgard so he must know..... :wtf: Right? The 3rd infiniti stone was already on earth and nobody knew about that????

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was kinda corny and anticlimactic. seen one marvel movie and you have seen them all...

How many times marvel gonna have a giant spaceship crash into the ground as the end scene.. avengers, thor, cap america, and now this one all basically ended the same way.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh....I'm not the one that started the "Star Wars" comparisons. So you can give all these reasons why you personally don't think it fits....it's irrelevant....the comparisons have been going on since the movie dropped, anyway.

I'm not even saying I agree with them, but it exists obviously, which is why I addressed it. I didn't pull this comparison out of the clear blue sky.

Nobody is sitting there in the lobby, after seeing this like "but what about cultural impact and influence?" For some people this movie gave them their "Star Wars" fix more than the actual recent "Star Wars" movies. That's what people are saying.

And let's keep it 100 here. The only reason that franchise is still going strong after the prequels is because it's fanbase is fanatical and will support anything with the "Star Wars" name on it.

Fred.

That last part was exactly my point. There shouldn't EVEN been a discussion about this film being compared to Star Wars, because how iconic that franchise is to where it's over 37 years and STILL people are amped up. And this with the last movie coming out nearly a decade ago. They are INCOMPARABLE. You cannot claim it as "this generation's Star Wars" when this generation are still coming in embracing Star Wars.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still dunno WHY people are upset over the fact that Marvel in general market their films directly towards kids. Since when that is a BAD thing to the point to get defensive over it? And there's not been ANY film by Nolan that were purposely directed for kids. All of his films are made for adults. They are adult orientated serious films based upon a graphic novel-like setting. EMPHASIS on the word GRAPHIC NOVEL.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That last part was exactly my point. There shouldn't EVEN been a discussion about this film being compared to Star Wars, because how iconic that franchise is to where it's over 37 years and STILL people are amped up. And this with the last movie coming out nearly a decade ago. They are INCOMPARABLE. You cannot claim it as "this generation's Star Wars" when this generation are still coming in embracing Star Wars.

Breh....I don't even know why you're arguing any more. It's pointless.
You keep saying how it shouldn't happen, and how it's INCOMPARABLE, as if people are going to :ohhh:and stop. You don't seem to understand the comparison is going on totally independent of whether or not you agree, or think it's accurate. It's a done deal already, you're wasting your time here.

As I said, this ain't my claim. I'm seeing it all over the 'net, via fans, critics, articles, etc. so I addressed it. Hell, the very first Top Critic review on Rotten Tomatoes.com mentions "Star Wars", that's how commonplace the connection is.

And people are amped for the new "Star Wars" because, again, that fanbase is cult-like. They sure as fukk ain't checking for it because of the quality, look at the last 3 movies. "Star Wars" as a cinematic franchise is still coasting off the good will of the original trilogy, 30+ years later. That's more a testament to how fanatical the fan base is, than anything else. It's the same reason why Eminem fans buy all his albums, it has nothing to do with quality.

Fred.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was dope to me. Didn't expect them to bring so much of the Marvel galactic universe to the film.

I guess Fox has the rights to the Kree empire :snoop:

Man, Marvel going have to adapt Thanos Quest on film.