THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
most a u dudes talking that black panther movie shyt couldn't name 5 dope black panther storylines with a fukking wikipedia link.

fact: gotg is one of marvel's best-selling books. and features AT LEAST 2 characters (rocket and groot... especially a groot voiced by vin diesel) with as much mainstream potential as ANYONE in the marvel MOVIE stable. or anyone not in the avengers movie. and i'd argue they have more potential than hawkeye and maybe black widow (only a maybe b/c they cast scarjo).

fact: reginald hudlin's black panther run was so completely shytty the character needs a geoff johns/green lantern resurrection to have half the commercial potential as a gotg flick. luckily he's seeing a mini resurrection right now in new avengers.

fact: half u dudes whining about a black panther movie would bytch even harder when marvel cast an actor capable of carrying the flick to a sequel, instead of some BET After Dark c-lister YOU would cast.

fact: if they did cast a c-lister, all u dudes would marvel at how dope the flick was... while watching a pirated copy. and the flick would flop. and u would cry 'cism cause the wack ass c-list black panther flick was a dud and all the wasp-approved avengers flicks are doing numbers.

fact: marvel has shown impeccable taste and timing with all their movies so far. even if i prefer some over others, they've all been created with a tremendous amount of care. stop bytching cause they aint make the flick u wanna see, and have some faith that when they do make a bp flick, it will be worth the wait.

they started this whole thing with iron man. anyone that REALLY knows their marvel history should know these dudes are pretty damn sharp to pull that off. if a bp movie aint on the radar yet, it's cause they haven't figured out a way to make it work. yet. the end.

:lawd:Plus as far as I'm concerned...even if they make a Black Panther movie it would feel incomplete to me....Storm is his wife and Queen of Wakanda....yet Fox owns the rights to her.....not even going to start on the Black Panthers connection to The Fantastic Four......

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
I hope this opens the door for The Inhumans.....Black Bolt is dope as fukk.....one of my favorite event series was War of Kings...

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:lawd:Plus as far as I'm concerned...even if they make a Black Panther movie it would feel incomplete to me....Storm is his wife and Queen of Wakanda....yet Fox owns the rights to her.....not even going to start on the Black Panthers connection to The Fantastic Four......

They are not married anymore plus she is not in anyway important to his mythology. And BP doesn't need the FF connection for the movies his Avengers connection is more than enough.

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
They are not married anymore plus she is not in anyway important to his mythology. And BP doesn't need the FF connection for the movies his Avengers connection is more than enough.

Good Looks there breh im slipping....smh :snoop:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Also to the people talking about GOTG being a best seller they only started selling that well this year and it's because of the high profile creative team and the marvel now promotion push not because of the team itself or the movies. They was never a great seller and their last run by DnA which is MUCH better than Bendis's current run (which IMO is very meh) got canceled due to low sales.

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
Also to the people talking about GOTG being a best seller they only started selling that well this year and it's because of the high profile creative team and the marvel now promotion push not because of the team itself or the movies. They was never a great seller and their last run by DnA which is MUCH better than Bendis's current run (which IMO is very meh) got canceled due to low sales.

I need to give this a try....only Bendis shyt im on now is Ultimate Comics: Spider Man

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I hope this opens the door for The Inhumans.....Black Bolt is dope as fukk.....one of my favorite event series was War of Kings...
Black Bolt is a bad fukking dude, but the War of Kings would have to be a huge thing, man, with a major set up. You gotta set up all the different races n shyt. Dunno what the ruling would be like on Marvel being able to use Vulcan since he's a mutant. But mane...if i get to see the Imperial Guard on the big screen sometime in the next 10 years....man. I'll be content.

People ITT want BP just because he's black. Get over that shyt. To the dude talking bout, "bu-bu-iron man didn't have good villains either."

Well he did. At least one, which they fukked up. But the movies rode on RDJ. Iron Man has never really been about his villains like that even in his comics. That shyt takes over when he's with the Avengers. Same with BP. But BP really, honestly, doesn't bring much to the team at this point. And a GOTG movie is just so much more fukking interesting. Stop lying to yaselves

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the reason they put Bendis on the book was to capatilize on the word-of-mouth/critical success DnA generated. and to make sure that when the movie hits, GotG is a close to household name as possible.

that's called strategy. critical success. a-list talent. crossover success.

black panther aint even at the point where u can put a bendis on the case yet. like i said, from a solo book perspective, he needs the geoff johns treatment. is he the king of wakanda? mayor of necropolis? who the fukk knows at this point.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

Obviously Marvel has been building up for GOTG to be the next big thing and there is nothing wrong with that....I just don't understand why people want this to fail...just for a Black Panther movie that may/may not get as much hype as GOTG......If anything we should be arguing for a Black Panther stand alone on going, with a strong creative team

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Didn't he give Sue Storm that Wakandikk??? :shaq:

:birdman: fukk a PAUSE

Could've swore someone posted a pic of him in a lake naked with Sue Storm:myman: