THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody but a hand full of internet blk kids give a fuk about luke cage/blk panther

lol at thinking 100mil till be sunk into because yall think it should...

The studio heads get asked questions about those properties with damn near every interview they do. Cage and Black Panther have historically been more popular properties than Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.

When Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man were announced most people hit Marvel with the :dahell:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fact: gotg is one of marvel's best-selling books. and features AT LEAST 2 characters (rocket and groot... especially a groot voiced by vin diesel) with as much mainstream potential as ANYONE in the marvel MOVIE stable. or anyone not in the avengers movie. and i'd argue they have more potential than hawkeye and maybe black widow (only a maybe b/c they cast scarjo).

The film was well into production BEFORE GOTG became a top selling book. In fact because of the lack of promotion Guardians of the Galaxy was a book that never sold very well until they decided to make a movie based on the property.

fact: reginald hudlin's black panther run was so completely shytty the character needs a geoff johns/green lantern resurrection to have half the commercial potential as a gotg flick. luckily he's seeing a mini resurrection right now in new avengers.

The reception to Hudlin's Black Panther run was mixed, people eitiher love it or hate it. I will point out that most people seem to love the animated series BET put out which was based entire on the first arc of Hudlin's run.

fact: half u dudes whining about a black panther movie would bytch even harder when marvel cast an actor capable of carrying the flick to a sequel, instead of some BET After Dark c-lister YOU would cast..

Most common names I see thrown out to play Black Panther are Idris Elba, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Djimon Honsou none of whom i'd classify as "After Dark c-listers".

fact: marvel has shown impeccable taste and timing with all their movies so far. even if i prefer some over others, they've all been created with a tremendous amount of care. stop bytching cause they aint make the flick u wanna see, and have some faith that when they do make a bp flick, it will be worth the wait.

they started this whole thing with iron man. anyone that REALLY knows their marvel history should know these dudes are pretty damn sharp to pull that off. if a bp movie aint on the radar yet, it's cause they haven't figured out a way to make it work. yet. the end.

To clear some people aren't annoyed because they making GOTG and not making Black Panther, people are annoyed because their reasoning behind it was that Wakanda would be too difficult to make, yet they had no problem making a space adventure featuring a talking Racc00n & Tree.[/quote]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
What ties do the GOTG have to Ultron :aicmon:

Annihilation: Conquest, the second DnA Cosmic crossover was an Ultron story, breh.

Annihilation%20Conquest%20num5.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Annihilation: Conquest, the second DnA Cosmic crossover was an Ultron story, breh.

Annihilation%20Conquest%20num5.jpg

Those aren't direct ties tho that's like saying Wolverine has ties too. Their ties aren't direct like Hank Pym

Brehs. I'm sorry if you gotta hear it like this, but a Guardians of the Galaxy movie has the potential to be so much more fukking dope than a Black Panther movie. None of y'all nikkas know shyt about BP. For the most part he has no notable villains. This has the potential to bring all sorts of dope ass obscure comics to film. I mean shyt like Animal Man or Scalped or 100 Bullets. LAWD. Let them :cook: for the love of god. If this brings about a Nova movie(AND I MEAN RICHARD fukkING RIDER), ill take back everything bad I ever said about Feige

I think most people like myself just want a BP origin movie, just throw in Klaw or Killmonger. Its not like GOTG have their own villains like that either

fact: gotg is one of marvel's best-selling books. and features AT LEAST 2 characters (rocket and groot... especially a groot voiced by vin diesel)

Y'all love ignoring the fact that it just started selling good this year

fact: reginald hudlin's black panther run was so completely shytty the character needs a geoff johns/green lantern resurrection to have half the commercial potential as a gotg flick. luckily he's seeing a mini resurrection right now in new avengers.

So a shytty run counts for a movie now? I see a lot of folks shyt on this Bendis GOTG run, Iron Man's new book is pretty shytty. Does that mean they shouldn't get movies now?

PS Hudlin's run wasn't even that bad he had some great stories in it not saying he was on Priest's level or even Kirkby but he was decent.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
most a u dudes talking that black panther movie shyt couldn't name 5 dope black panther storylines with a fukking wikipedia link.

fact: gotg is one of marvel's best-selling books. and features AT LEAST 2 characters (rocket and groot... especially a groot voiced by vin diesel) with as much mainstream potential as ANYONE in the marvel MOVIE stable. or anyone not in the avengers movie. and i'd argue they have more potential than hawkeye and maybe black widow (only a maybe b/c they cast scarjo).

fact: half u dudes whining about a black panther movie would bytch even harder when marvel cast an actor capable of carrying the flick to a sequel, instead of some BET After Dark c-lister YOU would cast.

fact: if they did cast a c-lister, all u dudes would marvel at how dope the flick was... while watching a pirated copy. and the flick would flop. and u would cry 'cism cause the wack ass c-list black panther flick was a dud and all the wasp-approved avengers flicks are doing numbers.

fact: marvel has shown impeccable taste and timing with all their movies so far. even if i prefer some over others, they've all been created with a tremendous amount of care. stop bytching cause they aint make the flick u wanna see, and have some faith that when they do make a bp flick, it will be worth the wait.

they started this whole thing with iron man. anyone that REALLY knows their marvel history should know these dudes are pretty damn sharp to pull that off. if a bp movie aint on the radar yet, it's cause they haven't figured out a way to make it work. yet. the end.

Great post!!

I completely agree with this.

My standpoint on BP is I want them to make the movie when they have all the actual GREAT PIECES in order ready to be played.

I don't want them to make some rush garbage BS just for the sake if making it. I saw a post a few weeks back saying Michael B. Jordan should be BP? fukk outta here with that dumb shyt!

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
most a u dudes talking that black panther movie shyt couldn't name 5 dope black panther storylines with a fukking wikipedia link.

fact: half u dudes whining about a black panther movie would bytch even harder when marvel cast an actor capable of carrying the flick to a sequel, instead of some BET After Dark c-lister YOU would cast.

fact: if they did cast a c-lister, all u dudes would marvel at how dope the flick was... while watching a pirated copy. and the flick would flop. and u would cry 'cism cause the wack ass c-list black panther flick was a dud and all the wasp-approved avengers flicks are doing numbers.

Damn this nikka went in hard, as hard as Kobe went in at that hotel in Colorado. Jazzy pretty much agrees with what you said. nikkas only getting upset due to the rumors that Marvel was going to announce a Black Panther movie, Feige has planned this shyt since 2005. A GOTG movie was always the plan to come before Black Panther. :heh: Some of these nikkas want a rushed Ghost Rider level production that butchers the character instead of letting Marvel take their time with it and put out a quality movie that does the character justice.

At nikkas who want this original risky movie to bomb :bryan:, nikkas dont even know that if it bombs it will lessen the chances of a Black Panther movie ever being made.

Oh and for you nikkas who are hatin on the Ant-Man movie, you nikkas should know that was supposed to be the first Marvel Studios movie, but the director who's been attached to it since 2004 has repeatedly stalled on it, but he's now finally doing it now.

On the Guardians footage it reminds me a lot of Farscape.