THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But it's too difficult to create a nation like Wakanda on film. :stopitslime:

These motherfukkers at Marvel are becoming more and more suspect IMO. They flat out refusing to make Luke Cage and Black Panther films, They refusing to put Sam Jackson on the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show despite him wanting to be in it, they completely shytted on the War Machine character, and it's looking more and more like Falcon is gonna get the War Machine treatment in the new Cap movie.

Aint not fukking reason why Rocket Racc00n and Groot done made it to film before T'Challa. Hell it doesn't even make sense that guardians of the galaxy got made before Ant Man. You can tell motherfukkers are just picking their personal favorite properties and pushing it through development.

Just watch, we'll see Iron Fist get a movie or tv series before Luke Cage even though Luke is more popular and has a more well known (and better) origin.

This shyt is just crazy to me. The reasoning is that audiences wouldn't be able to buy a fictional African country that's advanced and prosperous such as Wakanda, but they can buy gun-toting Racc00ns, god-like beings, people who can grow and shrink at will.etc that all exist in this very same universe mind you. I can't believe they expect people to believe that excuse :snoop:

and Iron Fist should be packaged deal with Cage or not be done at all. Solo, He could come off as very corny.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
The list I saw was older...but still the fact that a GOTG book is that high is amazing despite it being written by Bendis....it just shows u can get readership from less known books with decent writers.....and I'm sorry but my point still stands that it is
The list I saw was older...but still the fact that a GOTG book is that high is amazing despite it being written by Bendis....it just shows u can get readership from less known books with decent writers.....and I'm sorry but my point still stands
That book is selling high because they promoted the living shyt out of it around the same time they announced the guardians of the galaxy film. They also threw in a bunch of incentives for retailers to buy largest shipments of the book. Also keep in mind that Diamond tracks what the retailers buy, not what comic book fans buy.

If it was all about having decent writers on a book Guardians of the Galaxy would have been selling MUCH better when Abnett and Lanning were writing it. Their work with the the characters was FAR superior to what Bendis has been doing.
I personally like Bendis Guardians so far....but let's be real it is Bendis and he does bring the numbers...But my main point is that GOTG is so unique character wise that it is not hard to see how marketable it would be...I think it makes sense why Marvel is throwing money at this...it could be Avengers in space (the next big thing)

O and

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've already said he's not Luke Cage and from what I've seen that guy isn't gonna have a major role in that show.

If they had cast him as Luke Cage I'd actually be pissed because it'd be a shytty casting choice on par with Don Cheadle as War Machine.

Just cause they said something doesn't mean they have to follow through on it. This seems like the perfect opportunity to introduce cage.

Btw, the reason Sam Jackson isn't in shield is most likely financial. They probably can't afford his salary on a TV budget. Same reason you'll never see Tony stark on this show. Believe me, if he really wanted to do the show, I'm sure they can work out a deal

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
But it's too difficult to create a nation like Wakanda on film. :stopitslime:

These motherfukkers at Marvel are becoming more and more suspect IMO. They flat out refusing to make Luke Cage and Black Panther films, They refusing to put Sam Jackson on the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show despite him wanting to be in it, they completely shytted on the War Machine character, and it's looking more and more like Falcon is gonna get the War Machine treatment in the new Cap movie.

Aint not fukking reason why Rocket Racc00n and Groot done made it to film before T'Challa. Hell it doesn't even make sense that guardians of the galaxy got made before Ant Man. You can tell motherfukkers are just picking their personal favorite properties and pushing it through development.

Just watch, we'll see Iron Fist get a movie or tv series before Luke Cage even though Luke is more popular and has a more well known (and better) origin.

Man STFU.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
3Bh6kst.gif

:lawd:

Rocket dont joke....yo Rocket bust a cap on a nikka!
2j1wifk.gif

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Brehs. I'm sorry if you gotta hear it like this, but a Guardians of the Galaxy movie has the potential to be so much more fukking dope than a Black Panther movie. None of y'all nikkas know shyt about BP. For the most part he has no notable villains. This has the potential to bring all sorts of dope ass obscure comics to film. I mean shyt like Animal Man or Scalped or 100 Bullets. LAWD. Let them :cook: for the love of god. If this brings about a Nova movie(AND I MEAN RICHARD fukkING RIDER), ill take back everything bad I ever said about Feige

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally like Bendis Guardians so far....but let's be real it is Bendis and he does bring the numbers...But my main point is that GOTG is so unique character wise that it is not hard to see how marketable it would be...I think it makes sense why Marvel is throwing money at this...it could be Avengers in space (the next big thing)

O and

The shyt about Bendis bringing in numbers has LONG been proven to not be true. His Spider-Woman series tanked and bunch of other things he wrote when paired with a great artist bombed. The stuff that Abnett and Lanning were doing with Marvel's cosmic characters were receiving widespread acclaim BEFORE bendis came along, they just never got nearly the same amount of promotion.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs. I'm sorry if you gotta hear it like this, but a Guardians of the Galaxy movie has the potential to be so much more fukking dope than a Black Panther movie. None of y'all nikkas know shyt about BP. For the most part he has no notable villains. This has the potential to bring all sorts of dope ass obscure comics to film. I mean shyt like Animal Man or Scalped or 100 Bullets. LAWD. Let them :cook: for the love of god. If this brings about a Nova movie(AND I MEAN RICHARD fukkING RIDER), ill take back everything bad I ever said about Feige

:stopitslime:

And miss me with that Black Panther doesn't have any notable villains bullshyt. Last I checked Iron Man also had a weak rogue's gallery.

And shyt like Scalped and 100 Bullets wouldn't even work in film, you try condensing those plots into a fukking movie and shyt will be watered down as fukk. Besides WB has the rights to that shyt so odds are it'll be shyt anyway.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just cause they said something doesn't mean they have to follow through on it. This seems like the perfect opportunity to introduce cage.

Btw, the reason Sam Jackson isn't in shield is most likely financial. They probably can't afford his salary on a TV budget. Same reason you'll never see Tony stark on this show. Believe me, if he really wanted to do the show, I'm sure they can work out a deal

They haven't even asked Jackson about being in the show, and he's already shown he's willing to take a pay cut to be in Avengers. Sam Jackson has never had a history of holding out for more money. From what I've read Feige is the one preventing it for some bullshyt reason.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Zoe Saldana & Bautista? :scusthov:

Regardless I'm gonna go see this first day but I got a bad feeling shyt is gonna be Fantastic Four status... :scusthov:

dallastexas

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody but a hand full of internet blk kids give a fuk about luke cage/blk panther

lol at thinking 100mil till be sunk into because yall think it should...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
People also need to understand that this is Disney, who alongside John Carter and the purchasing of Star Wars property, are currently putting a lot of money into the Sci-Fi market. And if you then keep in mind that GotG has a huge potential for selling toys and a successful spin-off cartoon, it's no surprise they chose to develop this first.

Also, I think both Marvel and Disney are more scared of fukking up Black Panther than anyone else, because every single bit of backlash would focus on how they don't care about black heroes, they toned it down to much for white people or whatever racial instigation people would have on their mind.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most a u dudes talking that black panther movie shyt couldn't name 5 dope black panther storylines with a fukking wikipedia link.

fact: gotg is one of marvel's best-selling books. and features AT LEAST 2 characters (rocket and groot... especially a groot voiced by vin diesel) with as much mainstream potential as ANYONE in the marvel MOVIE stable. or anyone not in the avengers movie. and i'd argue they have more potential than hawkeye and maybe black widow (only a maybe b/c they cast scarjo).

fact: reginald hudlin's black panther run was so completely shytty the character needs a geoff johns/green lantern resurrection to have half the commercial potential as a gotg flick. luckily he's seeing a mini resurrection right now in new avengers.

fact: half u dudes whining about a black panther movie would bytch even harder when marvel cast an actor capable of carrying the flick to a sequel, instead of some BET After Dark c-lister YOU would cast.

fact: if they did cast a c-lister, all u dudes would marvel at how dope the flick was... while watching a pirated copy. and the flick would flop. and u would cry 'cism cause the wack ass c-list black panther flick was a dud and all the wasp-approved avengers flicks are doing numbers.

fact: marvel has shown impeccable taste and timing with all their movies so far. even if i prefer some over others, they've all been created with a tremendous amount of care. stop bytching cause they aint make the flick u wanna see, and have some faith that when they do make a bp flick, it will be worth the wait.

they started this whole thing with iron man. anyone that REALLY knows their marvel history should know these dudes are pretty damn sharp to pull that off. if a bp movie aint on the radar yet, it's cause they haven't figured out a way to make it work. yet. the end.