THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Awesome flick indeed. :obama:

But I gotta agree. Dey treated Ronin on some " meh :manny: " type shyt. No kinda depth nor real presence to buddy at all. How is da main villain treated as if to be an afterthought doe? :why:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Man I was in the theater sitting next to this kid that kept asking him questions about all the pop culture references they were throwing in the movie :dahell:

"Who's Kevin Bacon?" :stopitslime: "What's an imbecile, dad?" :what:

Oh no
A kid didn't know Kevin Bacon
Shocking
:troll:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, ive asked these guys numerous times to tell me the difference between a children's movie and a movie for everyone and they ducked and dodged every time.

Nobody ducked the question its a stupid question

cartoonish violence, no gore, bright colors, saturday morning cartoon dialogue, it a kids movie

it's marketed towards kids

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
C'mon the dialogue in this was far beyond anything Whedon has ever done
Are you serious breh? Whedon excels at writing that quit wit sharp humor (see avengers, firefly, serenity). Gunn did a good job his writing still could've been sharper. It was a really good movie but still suffered from the same problems that plague other superhero movies. Predictable and formulaic. I'm excited to see where the franchise goes, I think a second movie could be a lot better now that we're introduced to these characters. The thing that made Days of Future past so good to me is that I really felt the entire human race was at jeopardy, and that they may fail in their attempts, in the future they were literally down to the last room they were hiding in, this was their last hope.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Bruh, ive asked these guys numerous times to tell me the difference between a children's movie and a movie for everyone and they ducked and dodged every time.
It used to be clear cut what was for kids back in the 90's. But ever since pixar, what was once a kid movie started to have adult humor in it also.

So nothing is really just for kids anymore. The lego movie had all types of underlining meaning to it etc.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
movie was better than what i expected, so who is starlords pops? Also seeing thanos had me feeling like a kid again.

I thought the ending easter egg was gonna be some avengers 2 preview not that bullshyt they showed us

Daps
Reppin
St louis
As we reported earlier today, Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy rocked the box office, setting a new August opening record with an estimated $94 million. Following the announcement of the box office estimates, director James Gunn took to his Facebook page where he wrote to the fan community and everyone involved with the production, thanking them for the success of the film and letting us know he’s already working on the sequel. It reads as follows:

Thanks to all of you who saw (and are seeing) Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, from the bottom of my heart. The Guardians are a group of oddballs, outcasts, and geeks. The movie is for anyone who ever felt cast aside, left out, or different. It’s for all of us who don’t belong. This movie belongs to you. And, today, I think we’re doing okay.
I am of course happy with all the film has accomplished box-office-wise. But what touches me the most is that the film I told the folks at Marvel I wanted to make two years ago is the film that you’re seeing in theaters today – it’s that so many of you seem to be directly EXPERIENCING the film I INTENDED. The cast, the producers, the crew, and I felt like we were making something special while we were making it. But it is very rare that a director’s INTENTIONS in creating a film, or a scene, or a character, or a line of dialogue are, seemingly, specifically what is experienced by an audience (not to mention critics!), and that seems to be what has happened here. You have allowed a talking racc00n – for a moment, a minute, or a day – to make you a little more human. And for that, I am profoundly grateful.
If I relied on myself to implement these intentions, the film would be a shambling mess. But instead, I had a wonderful cast, genius producers, an incredibly brave studio, sublimely talented visual effects artists, great editors, and the best damn crew of mostly-British b*stards to actually implement these intentions for me. Where I had a good idea they would, through alchemy, transform it into a great one. Many of you involved are friends of mine on Facebook. Many of you will read this somewhere else. I love you all. You may remember me posting here a couple weeks ago how sad I was to be finishing up the film, that I was having trouble letting go of Rocket, and that I was going to miss him. But seeing him (and Groot, and the rest of the team) embraced by the world like they have been, to be UNDERSTOOD, makes it a wonderful letting go. It’s like giving a foster pet up for adoption to the most wonderful parents in the world. And, of course, I’m not really saying goodbye as, while many of you have been enjoying the film, I’ve spent this weekend hard at work on the sequel. I couldn’t help myself! The results are nice but it’s really the creative process I love and that keeps me going. I’m on fire with this thing! The Guardians have so many hardships and heartaches and triumphs ahead of them, and I can’t wait to share them with all of you. Onto week two…
Love, James

:to:

wat6rr.jpg

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Are you serious breh? Whedon excels at writing that quit wit sharp humor (see avengers, firefly, serenity). Gunn did a good job his writing still could've been sharper. It was a really good movie but still suffered from the same problems that plague other superhero movies. Predictable and formulaic. I'm excited to see where the franchise goes, I think a second movie could be a lot better now that we're introduced to these characters. The thing that made Days of Future past so good to me is that I really felt the entire human race was at jeopardy, and that they may fail in their attempts, in the future they were literally down to the last room they were hiding in, this was their last hope.
Stark calling captain america a capsicle, oh man so witty.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
How am i being a fanboy? Cause i dont agree with some things people are saying about marvel? Lol

Because you are getting hung up on something extremely petty like the terminology people use and the difference between Marvel and Marvel Studios. That's really not something that should be any sort of big deal to anyone, why does it annoy you?

I like marvel and dc, so stop. Fanboys are the scum of entertainment, why would i be part of that?

Guess what breh, we both are fanboys. We both read the comics, watch the movies, keep up with the details of the characters, etc. We own that title whether we want it or not.

But don't worry about uptight geeks and what they do, make it a priority that you don't fall into that petty and obnoxious class of fan, which it appears you are dangerously close in doing based on your complaints in this thread.

Marvel is not killing comics right now. Good sales or not the New 52 is killing it as of now.

That is your opinion, not fact. Fact is Marvel IS having good sales, and I much like most of the comic audience likes and values their stories, so from any objective standard Marvel IS killing the comic game right now. I personally think Hickman is the best writer in comics right now and I've been very meh on the New 52, But I also am aware those are MY opinions. You may not agree and that's fine, but if you are gonna make a claim like that, you gotta back it up with facts and I don't think you can do that.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Because you are getting hung up on something extremely petty like the terminology people use and the difference between Marvel and Marvel Studios. That's really not something that should be any sort of big deal to anyone, why does it annoy you?

Guess what breh, we both are fanboys. We both read the comics, watch the movies, keep up with the details of the characters, etc. We own that title whether we want it or not.

But don't worry about uptight geeks and what they do, make it a priority that you don't fall into that petty and obnoxious class of fan, which it appears you are dangerously close in doing based on your complaints in this thread.

That is your opinion, not fact. Fact is Marvel IS having good sales, and I much like most of the comic audience likes and values their stories, so from any objective standard Marvel IS killing the comic game right now. I personally think Hickman is the best writer in comics right now and I've been very meh on the New 52, But I also am aware those are MY opinions. You may not agree and that's fine, but if you are gonna make a claim like that, you gotta back it up with facts and I don't think you can do that.
I came into this thread with complaints about the Marvel fanboys. If I saw a DC fanboy saying something stupid id call them out too. I dont recall making any complaints that would make me seem biased. We are not fanboys, we are fans. I havent seen GoG yet, which is why I havent made any criticism about the movie yet, but I will see it soon.

Marvel has always been ahead in comic sale, but im just going off what ive heard plenty of others say so you are right it is an opinion.