THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:snoop: it is not a kid movie breh stop hating. A enjoyable movie doesn't mean for kids . If anything it's a all ages movie like Star Wars

it was Rocket and Groot. Kids wanted to see it on the strength of those two. When I caught an early showing Saturday.. it was a lot of kids in there. Parents brought their kids in droves.... But none of them knew the characters. This one kid asked his dad who Thanos was and the dad was like :mjpls: "shhhhh, watch the damn movie".

Then there's the run time. Aint no kids movie gonna run for 2 hours. Parents kept having to get up and take their kids to the bathroom, not to mention they couldn't sit still for the whole movie. It honestly fukked up the vibe which is why I'm gonna go see it again this week.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would disagree with this. The last act is formulaic, sure....but the way the team is formed is anything but imo.
The last act was a kind of formulaic but it stuck the formula :yeshrug: so it was enjoyable . Formulaic nowadays is used to be negatively to mean its so cookie cutter and generic but to me it's he embraced the genre and ended it how a hero movie should . I think this ending was more earned than say the avengers which kind of coasted on the fact that we know that the avengers are a team sort of how in MOS (which I love ) the superman/Lois lane romance took place in like 2 minutes which even while watching I was kind of :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The last act was a kind of formulaic but it stuck the formula :yeshrug: so it was enjoyable . Formulaic nowadays is used to be negatively to mean its so cookie cutter and generic but to me it's he embraced the genre and ended it how a hero movie should . I think this ending was more earned than say the avengers which kind of coasted on the fact that we know that the avengers are a team sort of how in MOS (which I love ) the superman/Lois lane romance took place in like 2 minutes which even while watching I was kind of :patrice:

Good guy beats bad guy is formulaic. Good guy prevails and overcomes adversity is formulaic. They announced a sequel so you already knew they all would survive. I mean its an origins flick. With this movie all I cared about was the chemistry, action sequences, special effects and easter eggs to take mental notes for future marvel movies. It's like a puzzle.

Like I thought the collector was working for Thanos at the end of Thor 2 but I don't think he is now. I think the collector wants the gems for himself obviously.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
They are all Marvel Comics characters and properties, but there is a clear difference in both universe and direction in Marvel Studio movies and movies outside of Marvel studios.

Yes, we know this. But what does this have to do with Marvel Studio movies? Spider-Man is a Marvel Property but his movies are Sony movies, not Marvel movies. Do you not agree with this?

You are getting too hung up on Terminology, homie.

The Marvel Studio movies are clearly a different area than the franchises they sold off to companies. I'm pretty sure we all, including you, know and understand that. Marvel itself has MUCH more stake and focus on the properties they own, so YES, when a Marvel Studios movie does well, its perfectly fine to say "Marvel is killing it".

And for the record, Marvel is killing the comic game as well, its not a far stretch to say when "Marvel is killing it" some COULD be talking about more than just the movies.

This whole gripe it rooted in fanboy-ism and a kind of disturbing dislike for Marvel in general. How are you going to accuse others of being a fanboy when you are doing the exact same thing?

Well keep it real man, DC WOULD have included the GL movie as part of the DCU had it done well. But because it flopped, they act like it didn't really exist. And to be honest, we STILL don't officially know if the DKT is going to count in the current DCU, DCU itself is still in the beginning stages of building a movie universe so all comparisons are bunk anyway.

Marvel HAS a built and created universe, DC is still working on that. Clearly Marvel's is currently better but they aren't even in the same weight classes yet. Give them both time.
How am i being a fanboy? Cause i dont agree with some things people are saying about marvel? Lol

I like marvel and dc, so stop. Fanboys are the scum of entertainment, why would i be part of that?

Marvel is not killing comics right now. Good sales or not the New 52 is killing it as of now.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
As we reported earlier today, Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy rocked the box office, setting a new August opening record with an estimated $94 million. Following the announcement of the box office estimates, director James Gunn took to his Facebook page where he wrote to the fan community and everyone involved with the production, thanking them for the success of the film and letting us know he’s already working on the sequel. It reads as follows:

Thanks to all of you who saw (and are seeing) Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, from the bottom of my heart. The Guardians are a group of oddballs, outcasts, and geeks. The movie is for anyone who ever felt cast aside, left out, or different. It’s for all of us who don’t belong. This movie belongs to you. And, today, I think we’re doing okay.
I am of course happy with all the film has accomplished box-office-wise. But what touches me the most is that the film I told the folks at Marvel I wanted to make two years ago is the film that you’re seeing in theaters today – it’s that so many of you seem to be directly EXPERIENCING the film I INTENDED. The cast, the producers, the crew, and I felt like we were making something special while we were making it. But it is very rare that a director’s INTENTIONS in creating a film, or a scene, or a character, or a line of dialogue are, seemingly, specifically what is experienced by an audience (not to mention critics!), and that seems to be what has happened here. You have allowed a talking racc00n – for a moment, a minute, or a day – to make you a little more human. And for that, I am profoundly grateful.
If I relied on myself to implement these intentions, the film would be a shambling mess. But instead, I had a wonderful cast, genius producers, an incredibly brave studio, sublimely talented visual effects artists, great editors, and the best damn crew of mostly-British b*stards to actually implement these intentions for me. Where I had a good idea they would, through alchemy, transform it into a great one. Many of you involved are friends of mine on Facebook. Many of you will read this somewhere else. I love you all. You may remember me posting here a couple weeks ago how sad I was to be finishing up the film, that I was having trouble letting go of Rocket, and that I was going to miss him. But seeing him (and Groot, and the rest of the team) embraced by the world like they have been, to be UNDERSTOOD, makes it a wonderful letting go. It’s like giving a foster pet up for adoption to the most wonderful parents in the world. And, of course, I’m not really saying goodbye as, while many of you have been enjoying the film, I’ve spent this weekend hard at work on the sequel. I couldn’t help myself! The results are nice but it’s really the creative process I love and that keeps me going. I’m on fire with this thing! The Guardians have so many hardships and heartaches and triumphs ahead of them, and I can’t wait to share them with all of you. Onto week two…
Love, James

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I really liked the colors in this movie, really colorful flick. Dope soundtrack, the dialogue was good but still could've been sharper. James Gunn really needs to team up with Joss Whedon and have Whedon write for him. Good performances by everyone. Thanos was cool as fukk too.

C'mon the dialogue in this was far beyond anything Whedon has ever done

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
it was Rocket and Groot. Kids wanted to see it on the strength of those two. When I caught an early showing Saturday.. it was a lot of kids in there. Parents brought their kids in droves.... But none of them knew the characters. This one kid asked his dad who Thanos was and the dad was like :mjpls: "shhhhh, watch the damn movie".

Then there's the run time. Aint no kids movie gonna run for 2 hours. Parents kept having to get up and take their kids to the bathroom, not to mention they couldn't sit still for the whole movie. It honestly fukked up the vibe which is why I'm gonna go see it again this week.
Word, like 3 kids was running up and down the side I'm like wtf is there free candy outside or some shyt :dahell:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
:snoop: it is not a kid movie breh stop hating. A enjoyable movie doesn't mean for kids . If anything it's a all ages movie like Star Wars

Bruh, ive asked these guys numerous times to tell me the difference between a children's movie and a movie for everyone and they ducked and dodged every time.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Guardians of the Galaxy' tops box office with $94M
Published August 03, 2014
Associated Press
Facebook0 Twitter132
boxoffice83.jpg

This image released by Disney - Marvel shows, from left, Zoe Saldana, the character Rocket Rac00n, voiced by Bradley Cooper, Chris Pratt, the character Groot, voiced by Vin Diesel and Dave Bautista in a scene from "Guardians of the Galaxy." (AP Photo/Disney - Marvel)

LOS ANGELES – "Guardians of the Galaxy" blasted past expectations at the weekend box office.

Marvel Studios' cosmic romp starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana as members of an intergalactic band of rebels earned $94 million in its debut weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. Ahead of its Friday debut, box office analysts initially projected that the comic book adaptation would earn between $60 million and $75 million in North America.

The launch gives "Guardians" the biggest opening for an August film, a record previously held by the $69.2 million debut of 2007's "The Bourne Ultimatum." It also makes "Guardians" the third largest opening of 2014, coming behind the $95 million inauguration of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and the $100 million launch of "Transformers: Age of Extinction."

"Guardians" also features Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel voicing the computer-generated characters Rocket Racc00n and Groot.

The movie originally was considered a risky proposition for Marvel and "Guardians" distributor Walt Disney Co. because it features more obscure characters from the Marvel universe and is set almost entirely in outer space.

Despite any apprehension, Marvel was betting on "Guardians," written and directed by James Gunn, to be a blockbuster. The studio announced at Comic-Con in San Diego last month that a sequel already was set for release in 2017. Marvel's next films are the follow-up "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Ant-Man" starring Paul Rudd. Both movies are coming in 2015.

Marvel comic book adaptations have dominated 2014 with Sony Pictures' "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," 20th Century Fox's "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and Marvel Studios' "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" each arriving in first place at the box office. Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Rentrak, believes Marvel is unstoppable at this point.

"This is a brand that transcends any character within their universe," Dergarabedian said. "The mere mention of the name Marvel is enough to get people into the movie theater. That's somewhat rare. Pixar obviously has a similar cachet, but for Marvel to have four films this year open with over $90 million is amazing. It's unprecedented success."

In a distant second place, "Lucy," starring Scarlett Johansson as a woman with mind-bending powers, nabbed $18.3 million in its second weekend, bringing the Universal Pictures release's domestic total to $80 million.

Meanwhile, Universal's James Brown biopic "Get on Up" featuring Chadwick Boseman as the soulful singer opened in third place with $14 million.

------

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Rentrak. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released on Monday.

1. "Guardians of the Galaxy," $94 million.

2. "Lucy," $18.3 million.

3. "Get on Up," $14 million.

4. "Hercules," $10.7 million.

5. "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," $8.7 million.

6. "Planes: Fire & Rescue," $6.4 million.

7. "The Purge: Anarchy," $5.5 million.

8. "Sex Tape," $3.5 million.

9. "And So It Goes," $3.3 million.

10. "A Most Wanted Man," $3.3 million.

Smh at everyone saying this movie would flop:russ:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word, like 3 kids was running up and down the side I'm like wtf is there free candy outside or some shyt :dahell:

Man I was in the theater sitting next to this kid that kept asking his dad questions about all the pop culture references they were throwing in the movie :dahell:

"Who's Kevin Bacon?" :stopitslime: "What's an imbecile, dad?" :what:

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Saw this yesterday. Didn't know what to expect and was hoping I wasn't gonna be let down due to all the hype.

:blessed:Great movie. The characters, design, action and humor were all there. I'll put this right up there next to the Winter Soldier. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes still at the top tho :youngsabo: