THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The movie wasn't really about anything, stuff just happened

Ronan did not want the stone he was getting the orb for Thanos, nobody knew what it was,
There's no logical reason why he would be working for thanos, when he has his own army, he attacked the planet he wanted to kill anyway without thanos, and the the gem basically did nothing by serve as a plot device for him to be beaten
he already had super strength to begin with

once I again the movie was good for what it was, but its not some ground breaking masterpiece, its a good summer movie in the vain of independence day when it first came out

Thanos and The Collector were the only 2 that knew what it was. Thanos basically hired Ronan as a favor by the bigger king, in the traditional emperors way (do this for me, and when I storm, you will be left alone). Once Ronan found out what it was, he was basically like "Fukk Thanos".

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see where your going but execution is paramount, I aint seen the film but the packaging is clearly aimed at snagging kiddies.I mean, talking rac00n with attitude, wise cracking protagonist who (i'm sure) comes out with schoolboy quips

I agree but some of the posters here compared it to toy story...thats just crazy talk

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I really liked the colors in this movie, really colorful flick. Dope soundtrack, the dialogue was good but still could've been sharper. James Gunn really needs to team up with Joss Whedon and have Whedon write for him. Good performances by everyone. Thanos was cool as fukk too.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Breh we can at least get Annihilation though. I'd prefer that, honestly. Vulcan is kinda boring and OP IMO. Annihilus' story is dope as fukk
That is acually the story that got me into reading comic books bout 2 years ago. Marvel Cosmic events shyts on all they earth events IMO. Especially when Ultron took over after the wake of that event :banderas:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Very true...we need Nova though....Richard Ryder though not this new Nova
Breh. I wish I could give you all the daps and reps for that one. You won't find a bigger Richard Rider fan, breh. His last run is what brought me back into the world of comics.

You heard that in the next issue of the booty ass new GOTG they're gonna fukkING FINALLY touch on what actually happened to him in the Cancerverse and how only Thanos and Star-Lord came back?

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/g...8-what-happened-to-richard-rider/1100-148684/

But yeah, we need Richard Rider the worst way. I thought that in this movie how all those Novas got fukked up in that final battle, it would have been dope if pretty much all of them died except for 1 who ends up being the GAWD Richard Rider absorbing all of that power. Would have been a dope way to lead into his own movie trying to learn about his powers and shyt. I think Marvel is pushing the fukk outta this lame ass new Nova bytch nikka, so I kinda doubt it would happen.

A man can dream though :lupe:

I'm about to re-read all of Nova's shyt from Annihilation thru the Thanos Imperative tho.

My fav Marvel character is Nova and my fav DC character is Booster Gold. Its stupid. I like those kinda retarded dudes who kinda just luck into their powers though. Booster Gold's last run is underrated as fukk too though.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Breh. I wish I could give you all the daps and reps for that one. You won't find a bigger Richard Rider fan, breh. His last run is what brought me back into the world of comics.

You heard that in the next issue of the booty ass new GOTG they're gonna fukkING FINALLY touch on what actually happened to him in the Cancerverse and how only Thanos and Star-Lord came back?

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/g...8-what-happened-to-richard-rider/1100-148684/

But yeah, we need Richard Rider the worst way. I thought that in this movie how all those Novas got fukked up in that final battle, it would have been dope if pretty much all of them died except for 1 who ends up being the GAWD Richard Rider absorbing all of that power. Would have been a dope way to lead into his own movie trying to learn about his powers and shyt. I think Marvel is pushing the fukk outta this lame ass new Nova bytch nikka, so I kinda doubt it would happen.

I'm about to re-read all of Nova's shyt from Annihilation thru the Thanos Imperative tho.

My fav Marvel character is Nova and my fav DC character is Booster Gold. Its stupid. I like those kinda retarded dudes who kinda just luck into their powers though. Booster Gold's last run is underrated as fukk too though.
That movie really did the NOVA corp an injustice though compare to how they are in the comics,Them nikkas was chumps the whole movie. fukk they also played drax like a chump too the way Ronan bodied him so easily without the stone.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That movie really did the NOVA corp an injustice though compare to how they are in the comics,Them nikkas was chumps the whole movie. fukk they also played drax like a chump too the way Ronan bodied him so easily without the stone.
LOL for real breh. Drax was underpowered as fukk. That irked me too, but I guess if they didnt itd be kinda hard to explain how someone like that didn't just rip a hole in that space prison. Dude was definitely too underpowered. Like they cover how his whole existance is to kill Thanos, but dude can't even put up a decent fight against fukking Ronan?

I mean...I dunno. Just a lack of consistency now that I think about it. Drax bodied Thanos during Annihilation I think, didn't he? I forget what story it was but he punched a fukking hole through his chest. Dude can at LEAST put up a fight against Ronan. Dude's supposed to be the muscle, but in the movie he's weaker than....I dunno. Most super powered dudes it seems.

And yeah the Nova Corps looked like idiots. They gotta make that right.

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps

I saw Breh! I think that star-lords sin is that he left nova in the cancerverse....and nova will have found a way to escape and that they will fight....

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
What im getting is that comedy makes it automatically a kiddy movie. From now on if a comic movie isnt dark then its for kids.
on the coli? yup :ehh:.....shyt if it got more than 3 jokes in it and tone isnt on some law & order shyt its automatically corny :beli:.....but u got dudes on here :cape: TASM 2 like one of there family members wrote the script :mjlol:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
LOL for real breh. Drax was underpowered as fukk. That irked me too, but I guess if they didnt itd be kinda hard to explain how someone like that didn't just rip a hole in that space prison. Dude was definitely too underpowered. Like they cover how his whole existance is to kill Thanos, but dude can't even put up a decent fight against fukking Ronan?

I mean...I dunno. Just a lack of consistency now that I think about it. Drax bodied Thanos during Annihilation I think, didn't he? I forget what story it was but he punched a fukking hole through his chest. Dude can at LEAST put up a fight against Ronan. Dude's supposed to be the muscle, but in the movie he's weaker than....I dunno. Most super powered dudes it seems.

And yeah the Nova Corps looked like idiots. They gotta make that right.
yea true they downgraded drax but dont they do that in EVERY superhero movie? and thats for waaaaaaay more known characters than drax....the xmen movies are the most perfect example :heh:.....i already knew wat it was once they said Ronan killed his family tho and of course when they had him go one on one with him in the middle of the movie i knew he'd get bodied (he was tipsy too :manny:).....oh and drax punched thru thanos chest from his back while he was preoccupied so that shyt dont count to me :birdman:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have to catch up but let me ask this about the ending. Hopefully this hasn't been brought up. Wouldn't it have been better if Thanos
came down and crush homeboy. Then went back up to space for disrespecting him by thinking he could take over? Then it'll go perfectly into Avengers 2, seeing how beastly this dude was. I just don't get not building him up. This movie made him look weak having dude disrespect him. Even his own daughter

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yea true they downgraded drax but dont they do that in EVERY superhero movie? and thats for waaaaaaay more known characters than drax....the xmen movies are the most perfect example :heh:.....i already knew wat it was once they said Ronan killed his family tho and of course when they had him go one on one with him in the middle of the movie i knew he'd get bodied (he was tipsy too :manny:).....oh and drax punched thru thanos chest from his back while he was preoccupied so that shyt dont count to me :birdman:
Lmao. Still. I don't think this Drax could lunch thru anybody's chest. Maybe like a paper man or summin :dead: