THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Saw it when i was a kid, and i was thoroughly entertained.

How about Ghostbusters? Nobody came out of that saying it was a kiddy movie, everybody liked it.
I seriously doubt you remember what movies you saw and how much you enjoyed them when you were really young.

Ghostbusters is for everyone, yeah but that wasn't part of the convo

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I seriously doubt you remember what movies you saw and how much you enjoyed them when you were really young.

Ghostbusters is for everyone, yeah but that wasn't part of the convo

Bruh i can tell you the exact theater (well where it was since its no longer open) i saw Ghostbusters in and who i saw it with.

But yeah Ghostbusters had people of all ages watching it, it had a toy line, it had a cartoon, yet people dont say "yeah thats a good kiddy movie", they say thats a good movie, period.

So ill ask again, what makes a movie a kiddy movie as opposed to a movie for everyone?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Forest Gump was not a children's movie

you will not find forest gump in the children's section anywhere

they had an advertisement for legos before the fukking movie

once again there's nothing wrong with liking a children's film
Forest gump loses his virginity to a girl who dies of aids and he has his best friend die in his arms in vietnam but its a childrens movie :dead:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Bruh i can tell you the exact theater (well where it was since its no longer open) i saw Ghostbusters in and who i saw it with.

But yeah Ghostbusters had people of all ages watching it, it had a toy line, it had a cartoon, yet people dont say "yeah thats a good kiddy movie", they say thats a good movie, period.

So ill ask again, what makes a movie a kiddy movie as opposed to a movie for everyone?

but if someone asks you if Ghostbusters is a good kiddy movie are you gonna say no?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Forest gump loses his virginity to a girl who dies of aids and he has his best friend die in his arms in vietnam but its a childrens movie :dead:

Quill had his mom die of cancer right in front of him and people get pieces of their skull ripped out and impaled yet GOG was a childrens movie. :dead:

but if someone asks you if Ghostbusters is a good kiddy movie are you gonna say no?

Im gonna say it was a good movie but i dont think it necessarily was a kiddy movie. Its a good movie for all ages.

Again, whats the difference between a movie for everyone and a kiddy movie?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
nikka fukk a review. I saw the damn movie, I'm smart enough to process what I saw without someone else's opinion. YOU are being contrary for the sake of it. You said it was a quality "children's film" despite the fact it seems everyone generally liked it....including YOU whom I assume is a grown up. So again if YOU liked the movie then why are you in here bashing it friend?

Why do you feel obligated to shyt on something because others are heaping praise on it. Nobody thinks that shyt is Casablanca bruh
look its a good film

(goes on for 5 paragraphs with "constructive critisicm")

but all in all, it was a good film:sas1:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

it's asinine

guardian of the galaxy has a lego commercial before it's aired, it has a cartoony look, the hobbit trailer it three D looked a lot better, I never saw any of the hobbit movies, but I will now just for the 3d

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, the guardian of the galaxy was a solid children's movie, i won't judge it against adult movies

but at the same time children aren't stupid, and movies don't have to be dumb for them to enjoy it. Like Starlord's mask, it was dumb, how can that mask protect him from outer space when he isn't wearing any type of suit

in Iron Man 1, he's suit froze before it even got to space, it was more realistic, you see the difference between target audiences

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
it's asinine

guardian of the galaxy has a lego commercial before it's aired, it has a cartoony look, the hobbit trailer it three D looked a lot better, I never saw any of the hobbit movies, but I will now just for the 3d

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, the guardian of the galaxy was a solid children's movie, i won't judge it against adult movies

but at the same time children aren't stupid, and movies don't have to be dumb for them to enjoy it. Like Starlord's mask, it was dumb, how can that mask protect him from outer space when he isn't wearing any type of suit

in Iron Man 1, he's suit froze before it even got to space, it was more realistic, you see the difference between target audiences

Whats the difference between a movie for everyone and a childrens movie?

Guardians also has a trailer for "A Walk Among The Tombstones". That movie didnt look kiddy to me at all.

The mask didnt protect anyone from outer space. It was allowing him and her to breathe. Yeah if we want to get into Earth (They werent on Earth, they were inside the head of a Celestial, do you know the atmospheric conditions around the head of a Celestial because i sure dont), science they should have been dead as soon as they went out there, but if you wanna go there we can start talking about bullshyt in those Batman movies too.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats the difference between a movie for everyone and a kiddy movie?

The mask didnt protect anyone from outer space. It was allowing him and her to breathe. Yeah if we want to get into science they should have been dead as soon as they went out there, but if you wanna go there we can start talking about bullshyt in those Batman movies too.

A kiddy move can be for everyone
It's nothing wrong with a kiddy movie
same movies I like as a kid I Iike now

If I have to explain this to you, this is a severe problem going on in american society

one of my favorite movies is the sword and stone, it came out in 1963 and its cartoon. A children's film is a film designed for parents to take their children to go so specifically for their enjoyment

but guess what one of my other favorite films is Excalibur which came out in 1981, it is not a child's film

but its the same story, I like the story, so I will like it however it's presented, the king arthur movie in 2004 wasn't that story, I didn't like it. You see

I forget the gentlemen's name, there's a japanese philosopher who said inside every 80 year old man is an 8 year old boy and its true.

I'm not dissing the film by calling it a children's film, I'm just saying I'm not judging it by the same standards. Only things I pointed out were things that prevented it from being above average

The movie was designed for children, nonsensical plot, cartoonish visuals, trying too hard to be cool

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
lucas called "star wars" a kids film

nothing wrong with a lighthearted film

especially after all the soul-less, humor less snyder films of the past 5 years

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Had this on repeat in the gym this afternoon. :lawd:

On a different note, I couldn't shake this idea the entire time I watched this movie and that was "Hmm...this would be a DOPE sequence in the video game." :ohhh:

With the opening scene and almost every action sequence, I kept envisioning how using Star-Lord in a video game on Morag would be or how the action would be when the characters met...recruiting and switching characters...Rocket-Groot combinations...different encounters with Ronan...attacking ships...the prison scene....it'd be a fun game. :ehh:

I concur with this sentiment, I feel thats where Marvel is lacking. They could easily drop an action rpg based around the 5 characters of GOTG and that shyt could be piff. I mean after the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games faded out, Marvel really has dropped no serious heat for the matrue gamer, the lego piff joints don't count and neither does that Disney Infinity shyt.

936full-naomi-ryan.jpg

Nova Corps women :wow:

:ohlawd: She caught my eye immediately during the final scene when the crew getting ready to leave. I'd give her fine intergalactic ass the bizness :noah: