THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I didn't compare to 5 movies I compared to One, Star Wars, I didn't say Star Wars Saga

All the stuff I mentioned happen in the first star wars

they did nothing to establish the villain in this movie, which a lot of movies fail at these days

like someone said before I put this on the same level as Fifth Element when it came out

all those reviews though are ridiculous acting like this is some kind of masterpiece though

U have to look at how the villain was used in the context of the damn story :mjpls: it was about one infinity gem and multiple people trying to get their hands on it for different reasons. Ronan just happened to be one of the people trying to get it and he was working for Thanos. Ronan wanted it for one specific reason and he didn't even know what it was until he found out later on. There obviously was a lot going on and is going on in the universe with conflicts and wars but I know you didn't expect them to give a back story on all that shyt did you?

Movie was about the infinity gem and they ended up showing and explaining what they all did. They established that Thanos wanted it and hired Loki and Ronan to try and get 2 so far. Ronan was a pawn. They main plot was how the guardians came together and it obviously sets up for future sequels. It wasn't perfect but they did a good job. The action and fight scenes were well done so for you to complain about Ronan's body count is :mjpls: Groots bodies alone would've been doper than anything Ronan would've done.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't establish the villain? Did you see the film? This is as ridiculous as these cats talking about how most MARVEL movies have the same kinda endings. *Spoiler Alert* It's called a fukking three act structure, don't most action movies devolve into I don't know ACTION in the third act of the movie. That isn't a "Marvel" thing, that is literally how films fukking work.

As for it being it a masterpiece it isn't. But its fukking dope ass film even you can't front on that.

And while you bringing up Star Wars yo ass better believe this reboot in 2015 is taking notes from GOTG.

There was no tension between the villain and the hero, the villain barely had any screen time, the ending was anti-climatic, and silly which i guess is the point of this movie, nothing really has to make sense

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mikaela+Hoover+Guardians+Galaxy+Premieres+XKYxPl0lWd_l.jpg
936full-naomi-ryan.jpg

Nova Corps women :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
U have to look at how the villain was used in the context of the damn story :mjpls: it was about one infinity gem and multiple people trying to get their hands on it for different reasons. Ronan just happened to be one of the people trying to get it and he was working for Thanos. Ronan wanted it for one specific reason and he didn't even know what it was until he found out later on. There obviously was a lot going on and is going on in the universe with conflicts and wars but I know you didn't expect them to give a back story on all that shyt did you?

Movie was about the infinity gem and they ended up showing and explaining what they all did. They established that Thanos wanted it and hired Loki and Ronan to try and get 2 so far. Ronan was a pawn. They main plot was how the guardians came together and it obviously sets up for future sequels. It wasn't perfect but they did a good job. The action and fight scenes were well done so for you to complain about Ronan's body count is :mjpls: Groots bodies alone would've been doper than anything Ronan would've done.

The movie wasn't really about anything, stuff just happened

Ronan did not want the stone he was getting the orb for Thanos, nobody knew what it was,
There's no logical reason why he would be working for thanos, when he has his own army, he attacked the planet he wanted to kill anyway without thanos, and the the gem basically did nothing by serve as a plot device for him to be beaten
he already had super strength to begin with

once I again the movie was good for what it was, but its not some ground breaking masterpiece, its a good summer movie in the vain of independence day when it first came out

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
There was no tension between the villain and the hero, the villain barely had any screen time, the ending was anti-climatic, and silly which i guess is the point of this movie, nothing really has to make sense

Darth Vader had 12 minutes of screen time in Star Wars bruh.

As for tension, nikka this isn't a psychological thriller. fukk did expect Max Cady from "Cape Fear" or Hannibal Lecter from "Silence Of The Lambs" shyt is a PG-13 super hero movie geared towards teens.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darth Vader had 12 minutes of screen time in Star Wars bruh.

Once again, you're avoided the points I've already made

Darth Vader tortured the princess, we understand at the beginning of the film his motivations , the empire killed luke's uncle and aunt forcing him to go on his journey, darth vader killed obi wan in front of luke, Obi Wan slow was Darth's Vader master which gave the battle meaning as explained in the dialogue
luke beats darth vader in a dog fight and blows up the death

its simple

Ronan kills thanos lackey, a nameless bad guy, and we still don't know why ronan is bad

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Once again, you're avoided the points I've already made

Darth Vader tortured the princess, we understand at the beginning of the film his motivations , the empire killed luke's uncle and aunt forcing him to go on his journey, darth vader killed obi wan in front of luke, Obi Wan slow was Darth's Vader master which gave the battle meaning as explained in the dialogue
luke beats darth vader in a dog fight and blows up the death

its simple

Ronan kills thanos lackey, a nameless bad guy, and we still don't know why ronan is bad

Shouldn't one be able to assume he's a bad guy, based on the mere fact he is in cahoots with uhhhh.....oh yeah fukking THANOS, and willing to destroy an entire planet. That screams bad guy to me fam.

I mean WE GET IT, it's not Star Wars.

So it's not one of the greatest fukking films of all time congrats.

Now why don't you try to compare it to something without astronomical fukking acclaim directed by a fukking legend. I mean that would be fair right?

Ole Anton Ego ass nikkas.

anton-ego.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shouldn't one be able to assume he's a bad guy, based on the mere fact he is in cahoots with uhhhh.....oh yeah fukking THANOS, and willing to destroy an entire planet. That screams bad guy to me fam.

I mean WE GET IT, it's not Star Wars.

So it's not one of the greatest fukking films of all time congrats.

Now why don't you try to compare it to something without astronomical fukking acclaim directed by a fukking legend. I mean that would be fair right?

goddam man stop trying to so hard, of course he was the bad guy, he was just a terrible one, thats the fukking point

Darth Vader actually blew up a planet in star wars, thanos sat in a chair, thanos was just a fukking cameo

the Ronan guy was the villain and did absolutely nothing villainous, but we are told how horrible a person he is

it was just a rush job

The Reviews are comparing to star wars, which is not a great film to me, but it was ground breaking, which is a fact that cannot be debated

there is nothing ground breaking about this movie, judging by the reviews this was a great must see film, it is not, only reason he did well in the box office were because of the reviews, which were seriously overrated

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
goddam man stop trying to so hard, of course he was the bad guy, he was just a terrible one, thats the fukking point

Darth Vader actually blew up a planet in star wars, thanos sat in a chair, thanos was just a fukking cameo

the Ronan guy was the villain and did absolutely nothing villainous, but we are told how horrible a person he is

it was just a rush job

The Reviews are comparing to star wars, which is not a great film to me, but it was ground breaking, which is a fact that cannot be debated

there is nothing ground breaking about this movie, judging by the reviews this was a great must see film, it is not, only reason he did well in the box office were because of the reviews, which were seriously overrated

So....because it's not groundbreaking it doesn't deserve good reviews? How many groundbreaking movies have you seen this year? Hell over the last five years? Film is definitely a must see, Is it as good as Rise....No, but that doesn't make the shyt "Plan 9 From Out Of Space" either. So answer me this you seem very critical and opinionated. Would you give it a fresh or a rotten?

And furthermore if it isn't a must see....Why did you go see it?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I dont get the Marvel 3rd act complaint.

I mean its a comic movie, you know the good guys are gonna win in the end. And this isnt like the comics where there are 3 different versions of the same character in different books. They cant kill off a main character and then bring them back the next movie. The best stories in comics play out over years. Its impossible to condense all that into a 2 hour movie.
Same here. I also don't get the constant need for films to be super dark. Some of these dudes need to stick to horror movies and dramas.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So....because it's not groundbreaking it doesn't deserve good reviews? How many groundbreaking movies have you seen this year? Hell over the last five years? Film is definitely a must see, Is it as good as Rise....No, but that doesn't make the shyt "Plan 9 From Out Of Space" either. So answer me this you seem very critical and opinionated. Would you give it a fresh or a rotten?

And furthermore if it isn't a must see....Why did you go see it?

I've already said it was quality children's film, but because I don't think its great you assume I think it was bad

it looked good visually I went to see it for the special effects only, and because the reviews said it was a great film, which it wasn't

Plus i write sci-f and wanted to observe the competition since this was getting praised
sadly I could not find inspiration in this film

the dikk riding of this is hilarious, and shows how people's opinions get swayed by the earlier reviewers

Last edited: