THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Yoooo Batista was hilarious in this film!!! I was so shocked to see him in the first place!!! :gladbron:

" Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast" :dwillhuh::russ:

"Why would I run my finger over his throat" :bryan:

"I wasnt listening I was thinking" :lolbron:

"Green whore you are my friend" :mjlol:

All of them were great but have to put him as my favourite just because i didnt expect him to be so funny! :obama:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't really the main villian. Thanos was. And the main story was of how the guardians came together. There was enough conflict without the need for the main villian to do shyt.

Its crazy how people criticize the villian in this movie but Ronan caught more bodies than Loki in Avengers. The main villian in Thor 2 infiltrated Asgard and wrecked shyt.

Ronan reminded me of a star trek villian. He had one objective and that was that. With this movie:

1. We learned about all of the infiniti gems.
2. We got more insight and screen time with Thanos which also creates more buzz without over exposure.
3. We got introduced to 5 new characters.

There was action, comedy and drama. I don't see how nikkas can praise MOS but hate on this movie :russ:
Praise TDK trilogy which had very little fight scenes but criticize this movie :mjpls:

u nikkas :umad:

Now I know you are talking out of your ass saying Ronan wasn't the main villain in THIS film. Explain to me how Thanos who only had approximately two minutes of screen time be the "main villain" in THIS SPECIFIC FILM? And save that talk that he's the main foe in the MCU overall. He wasn't the main antagonist in THIS particular film. Ronan, the same dude that even tried to boss up on Thanos HIMSELF declaring that he was so-called more powerful. The lengths people go in defending ANYTHING that's Disney/Marvel! You can't even give constructive criticism without them accusing you as some troll or DC fanboy.

Everyone virtually praising the film, and most are stating the weakest link of it being the villain, and IN SPITE people giving props for the movie, y'all Marvel stans get your panties in a bunch just because some people want to point out things they didn't like. Just respect it and keep it moving.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1358070609689.gif

haha this movie. It's simultaneously a unrepentant Marvel film, but something entirely different in terms of tone and universe from other Marvel films. It's simultaneously ambitious, but very safe in terms of plot and opening up of the other parts of the Marvel universe.

Several things annoyed me though. For one, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day being adapted into a film. Dumb and Dumber To which just looks painful and trying too hard on several levels. I don't even want to go back and watch the original because I'm afraid it might be retarded.

Oh, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ol, I'm gonna act like this is the third film in the franchise ass movie. I was sitting there the first 20 minutes like
Vzm8B.gif

I'm an adult, and this is my life. Marvel films forever, for the rest of my life. They'll outlive me. shyt crashing into shyt, the superhero universe forever. We'll soon have a 24 hour Marvel channel. All the overlapping nonsense and Marvel properties rubbing up against each other, vying for ALL the attention in the world.

But once I was acclimated I came to realize that it really is just like all other Marvel films. It's just with this one we're introduced to a vast other in terms of environment and tone. We go to different planets, a head floating in space/mining colony (sure) (again I'm an adult), pristine space cities, space prisons, and a host of other species and characters. There was an infusion of different music and better written humor than the super broad and corny humor we get with other Marvel films. But besides that? :yeshrug: same ol.

The thing that Marvel movies have going for them though is they've hatched a tried and true formula in terms of plot. There is some MacGuffin, they write the motivations for all the characters to get this MacGuffin, the characters overlap on themselves betraying and joining forces, throw in some CGI, some 3D, a spaceship of some sort crashing into a building or city, same tired ass action and fight scenes, an after credits scene and voila, you have yourself a Marvel film. It works because it creates propulsive action from one scene to the next.

Thing with Guardians is that it had a tough trouble balancing that. In fact, this is one of the geekiest ass movies I've seen in some time. Which isn't bad. But it presents a problem for the writers. They want it to be accessible enough that regular dimwits like me can come in and enjoy it and also not alienate their fanbase. I feel like this isn't so much a problem with the staple Marvel properties. Like I wasn't a big comic fan growing up, but I GET Spiderman y'know? With Guardians, this is probably the first some people are hearing about these characters. So the film is weighed down by a bunch of expository dialogue. And perhaps because of that some of the motivations and characters weren't entirely fleshed out as well as they could have been, chiefly Gamora, Nebula, Ronan and his relationship to Thanos. Like what the fukk was that? Cool. Cool villain.

And just like other marvel films, I have no desire to see it again. Props to them for switching it up a bit, but it was ultimately too safe.

Shout out to the dude in my theater who, when Howard the Duck came on squealed with delight and yelled out, "HOLY fukkING shyt :gladbron:"

Relax b it's just Howard the Duck. shyt wasn't even funny :why:

Excellent post, because I SWEAR TO GOD the 3rd act is literally IDENTICAL TO WINTER SOLDIER! Another on air assault with a massive hovering ship on the verge of obliterating a city or whatnot, and our heros going in to stop it before it happens. It was virtually the SAME act just in different worlds.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Excellent post, because I SWEAR TO GOD the 3rd act is literally IDENTICAL TO WINTER SOLDIER! Another on air assault with a massive hovering ship on the verge of obliterating a city or whatnot, and our heros going in to stop it before it happens. It was virtually the SAME act just in different worlds.
Yup.

Marvels film are a cut and paste job. Its basically just a factory churning out a product. All the films are predictable as hell. Filled with corny forced humour, and forgetable villains. Theyre like ten films deep and all their villains been weak as fukk.

I look at marvel the same way i look at no limit records.

Theyve been able to strike while the irons hot and for some reason people eat it up.

I think right now is their peak in popularity. But eventually, probably within the next 3 years people will tire of the formula and move on. Personally Im already tired of it.And just like no limit the success will be commended but people will realize their was a few gems but it was mostly formulaic and forgettable.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1358070609689.gif

haha this movie. It's simultaneously a unrepentant Marvel film, but something entirely different in terms of tone and universe from other Marvel films. It's simultaneously ambitious, but very safe in terms of plot and opening up of the other parts of the Marvel universe.

Several things annoyed me though. For one, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day being adapted into a film. Dumb and Dumber To which just looks painful and trying too hard on several levels. I don't even want to go back and watch the original because I'm afraid it might be retarded.

Oh, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ol, I'm gonna act like this is the third film in the franchise ass movie. I was sitting there the first 20 minutes like
Vzm8B.gif

I'm an adult, and this is my life. Marvel films forever, for the rest of my life. They'll outlive me. shyt crashing into shyt, the superhero universe forever. We'll soon have a 24 hour Marvel channel. All the overlapping nonsense and Marvel properties rubbing up against each other, vying for ALL the attention in the world.

But once I was acclimated I came to realize that it really is just like all other Marvel films. It's just with this one we're introduced to a vast other in terms of environment and tone. We go to different planets, a head floating in space/mining colony (sure) (again I'm an adult), pristine space cities, space prisons, and a host of other species and characters. There was an infusion of different music and better written humor than the super broad and corny humor we get with other Marvel films. But besides that? :yeshrug: same ol.

The thing that Marvel movies have going for them though is they've hatched a tried and true formula in terms of plot. There is some MacGuffin, they write the motivations for all the characters to get this MacGuffin, the characters overlap on themselves betraying and joining forces, throw in some CGI, some 3D, a spaceship of some sort crashing into a building or city, same tired ass action and fight scenes, an after credits scene and voila, you have yourself a Marvel film. It works because it creates propulsive action from one scene to the next.

Thing with Guardians is that it had a tough trouble balancing that. In fact, this is one of the geekiest ass movies I've seen in some time. Which isn't bad. But it presents a problem for the writers. They want it to be accessible enough that regular dimwits like me can come in and enjoy it and also not alienate their fanbase. I feel like this isn't so much a problem with the staple Marvel properties. Like I wasn't a big comic fan growing up, but I GET Spiderman y'know? With Guardians, this is probably the first some people are hearing about these characters. So the film is weighed down by a bunch of expository dialogue. And perhaps because of that some of the motivations and characters weren't entirely fleshed out as well as they could have been, chiefly Gamora, Nebula, Ronan and his relationship to Thanos. Like what the fukk was that? Cool. Cool villain.

And just like other marvel films, I have no desire to see it again. Props to them for switching it up a bit, but it was ultimately too safe.

Shout out to the dude in my theater who, when Howard the Duck came on squealed with delight and yelled out, "HOLY fukkING shyt :gladbron:"

Relax b it's just Howard the Duck. shyt wasn't even funny :why:

Yeah that expository dialogue is my main issue with it. The most egregious is when Michael rooker's character is reminding Quill of what happened when he was younger basically filling in the blanks for the audience

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yup.

Marvels film are a cut and paste job. Its basically just a factory churning out a product. All the films are predictable as hell. Filled with corny forced humour, and forgetable villains. Theyre like ten films deep and all their villains been weak as fukk.

I look at marvel the same way i look at no limit records.

Theyve been able to strike while the irons hot and for some reason people eat it up.

I think right now is their peak in popularity. But eventually, probably within the next 3 years people will tire of the formula and move on. Personally Im already tired of it.And just like no limit the success will be commended but people will realize their was a few gems but it was mostly formulaic and forgettable.

:ohhh: Iron man and captain America as master P and Silk the shocker.

tumblr_lvnizcqduZ1qjo7rfo1_400.gif

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Lol at the nerd fakkits nitpicking the movie because eveyone else Łoved it. Ronan wąs fine. He was threating badass. Thats what i wanted. But all in all This movie is the best from the marval universe BY FAR!
Oh I can nitpick

First why did they make the xandarians the Kree mortal enemy when it was always the skrulls in the comics:troll: