THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yeah that expository dialogue is my main issue with it. The most egregious is when Michael rooker's character is reminding Quill of what happened when he was younger basically filling in the blanks for the audience

Yeah, the film is a big culprit of telling and not showing.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
No, its not nikka. I'm a fan of both universes, but CLEARLY there is a difference between what Marvel Studios puts out and everything else.
I never disagreed to that. Clearly some writers are better than others with comics, but they are still all Marvel comics.

Sony owns rights to spiderman but he isnt a sony character, otherwise he would not of been in MvC3 cause it was cross platform or the spiderman games wouldnt be on M$ systems either.

if you dont want people to do this then from now on say "Marvel Studios is killing it" cause people always say just "Marvel" and then say "oh no, not that fox/sony stuff" Just say "Marvel studios" then and stop being a fanboy

and also. The MCU started in 2008. DCU started last year with Man of Steel. Yet people want to compare :beli:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:banderas: Marvel

it was a solid flick, Cap 2 was still better though

It sounds like some of you just flat out don't like Marvel, which begs the question "why are you here"
full
they steady hatin but still droppin 10+ dollars to see the movies :banderas:

bu bu but marvel got horrible villains! haha! :umad:

but on the inside be like :feedme:waiting age of ultron

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't really the main villian. Thanos was. And the main story was of how the guardians came together. There was enough conflict without the need for the main villian to do shyt.

Its crazy how people criticize the villian in this movie but Ronan caught more bodies than Loki in Avengers. The main villian in Thor 2 infiltrated Asgard and wrecked shyt.

Ronan reminded me of a star trek villian. He had one objective and that was that. With this movie:

1. We learned about all of the infiniti gems.
2. We got more insight and screen time with Thanos which also creates more buzz without over exposure.
3. We got introduced to 5 new characters.

There was action, comedy and drama. I don't see how nikkas can praise MOS but hate on this movie :russ:
Praise TDK trilogy which had very little fight scenes but criticize this movie :mjpls:

u nikkas :umad:

Jeez your a moron

there's no type of dynamic between the characters, they did a lot of telling not enough showing

You can't compare it to Star Wars, we saw Darth Vader torture the princess, we saw luke discover his parents murdered, we saw darth vader kill obi-wan

we did not see thanos, do anything, how is he the main villain

we did not batista' family get killed, we did not see thanos kill his daugters family there was really no connection to any of this other than them mentioning it, which does nothing in the mode of film for establishing conflict

it's a 7/10 at best

it doesn't compare to star was for any type of impact, none of the sci fi stuff was original

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Excellent post, because I SWEAR TO GOD the 3rd act is literally IDENTICAL TO WINTER SOLDIER! Another on air assault with a massive hovering ship on the verge of obliterating a city or whatnot, and our heros going in to stop it before it happens. It was virtually the SAME act just in different worlds.

During the prison escape, when the guards used bazooka guns to crack the windows,sorta reminded me of the Nick Fury chase scene in The Winter Soldier.

I'm not tripping, though.Like I said, it's the cohesiveness/chemistry between the characters that made this movie.

The way they interacted with each other/ progressed into friendships...Had a lot of heart, charm, and humor.

The way the characters gelled in this film made the Avengers "bond" look weak as fukk in retrospect.

It's the same Marvel formula, but they've fukked around and created a couple of potentially iconic characters.They about to eat/MAJORLY feast off Rocket & Groot....especially Groot.The ho's love him already.He had em swooning & "awwww'ing" throughout the whole flick....He's going to be this generation's Chewbacca.

Although I feel like Marvel is "too safe"/ full of shyt most of the time, I gotta give them props for pulling that off.Many have tried and failed.They nailed the whole "ragtag/motley crew/space opera bunch" thing....ABSOLUTELY fukkING NAILED IT.

That's the thing giving this movie substance and causing people to connect with it.They nailed the main characters.The characterization was super solid.. which I think was the whole purpose of the film anyway.

By the end of the film, I felt satisfied with the creation of The Guardians Of The Galaxy as a team.It didn't feel like generic/rushed team up at all....like most movies that attempt to do that nowadays.

It seems like a lil bit of care went into this film.I'm a staunch critic when it comes to Marvel films.Up until The Winter Soldier ,and now, Guardians Of The Galaxy...I thought all their movies were below average(That Avengers was overrated like a muthafukka).

I'm starting to see a lil progress.Might be the same blueprint, but the components are getting stronger.Guardians can be one helluva building block if they use it right.As I said, they have a super solid foundation thanks to the chemistry of the main characters.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How you gonna compare one two hour film to a franchise with like 5 movies?

I didn't compare to 5 movies I compared to One, Star Wars, I didn't say Star Wars Saga

All the stuff I mentioned happen in the first star wars

they did nothing to establish the villain in this movie, which a lot of movies fail at these days

like someone said before I put this on the same level as Fifth Element when it came out

all those reviews though are ridiculous acting like this is some kind of masterpiece though

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I didn't compare to 5 movies I compared to One, Star Wars, I didn't say Star Wars Saga

All the stuff I mentioned happen in the first star wars

they did nothing to establish the villain in this movie, which a lot of movies fail at these days

like someone said before I put this on the same level as Fifth Element when it came out

all those reviews though are ridiculous acting like this is some kind of masterpiece though

They didn't establish the villain? Did you see the film? This is as ridiculous as these cats talking about how most MARVEL movies have the same kinda endings. *Spoiler Alert* It's called a fukking three act structure, don't most action movies devolve into I don't know ACTION in the third act of the movie. That isn't a "Marvel" thing, that is literally how films fukking work.

As for it being it a masterpiece it isn't. But its fukking dope ass film even you can't front on that.

And while you bringing up Star Wars yo ass better believe this reboot in 2015 is taking notes from GOTG.