THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just came back and im still in awe!!!!

Gunn hit on all fukking cylinders.... everything was on point in this movie....

i was riding a tidal wave of emotions....:krs::ooh::whew::ufdup::pachaha::gladbron::whoo::blessed::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::ohhh::russ::russ::russ::manny::jawalrus::jawalrus:

i dont know how marvel does it but damn..... bautista, vin diesel and bradley cooper steal the movie!!!

i stioll have alot of questions.... who is star lord's father, will star lord ever return to earth? now we know of 3 infinity stones, where's the other 3... if thanos is feared like this the avengers....:sadbron:

1*lU2vVqpnVD6VxhflVYksxg.jpeg
????

will we ever see earthborn richard rider as "Super" Nova in power armor???

98_Nova.jpg

damn I want GOTG2 Right now!!!:damn:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
C'mon breh you know how it'll work: you'll get called out for being a hater or expecting too much but when a marvel movie released by fox or sony does the same thing, or even bothers to give their villain a small piece of motivation but not great, it'll get dragged through the mud for doing so. Meanwhile you'll point out that Marvel movies minus anyone not featuring Loki as the chief nemesis do the same thing and they'll throw tomatoes at you but then...
giphy.gif

marvel films have good presentation, but they all lack the feel of the personal battles between the hero and villain, and everything is rushed into a nice neat package

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't particularly well developed....but they said several times he was responding to the peace treaty that had been signed between the Kree and Xandarians......after a lifetime of fighting each other I guess.

....I honestly have no idea what that means though lol. This was my introduction to this entire section of the Marvel universe :yeshrug:

Galactic Israel Vs Palestine type beef. Generic as fukk but he was a pawn to introduce Thanos. Cant Have Ronan really Wreckin shyt then the only thing Thanos can do to top it is just kill main stars

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't really understand the Ronan had no motive complaint. I mean it was cliche but it was there and made abundantly clear each time he was on screen.

tt was given, it's just weak and non interesting so nobody paid attention, the movie looked pretty thats about the highest compliment I can give it, the rac00n and groot are the only real characters in the entire movie

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
All movies with marvel characters are marvel movies. nikkas trying to only say marvel studios acting like the others are trash. Marvel sold some rights to other studios to make movies...but those are still marvel movies. Cause if they arent then i guess these are all disney movies now right?

Dude.... LOL

Yes.... They are All Marvel created properties. But only a few are owned by Marvel. Now skipping ahead to your Disney point..... Yes, since Disney bought Marvel Entertainment, it is now owned by Disney..... But unlike Sony and Fox, they allow Marvel to do their own thing with full control.

Do you know who Kevin Fiegie is? Or that Ari Avid guy?

If so have you noticed how Kevin only speaks about the MCU movies and Ari only talks about the Spider-Man movies?

Simplifying even more..... Say you created something..... It got popular but do hard times you had to sell me a portion of your products.

Even though I may keep the name and similar look, if I completely change so many other things about it and you can't say shyt. This is now MY PRODUCT, not yours, you have no say now, didnt work on it.

I don't get how you either don't get that or still try to deny it.... And I'm not even an Marvel Fanboy. I never heard of the Guardians till last year

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
the last good marvel film i watched was ironman the rest was str8 below-average. i'm just wait for the torrent

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
All movies with marvel characters are marvel movies. nikkas trying to only say marvel studios acting like the others are trash. Marvel sold some rights to other studios to make movies...but those are still marvel movies. Cause if they arent then i guess these are all disney movies now right?

No, its not nikka. I'm a fan of both universes, but CLEARLY there is a difference between what Marvel Studios puts out and everything else.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
nobody gave a fukk about that villain or his cause

movie was anti climatic because it was zero time invested into the conflict

he gets the infinity gem and becomes thor, and it's ultimately defeated by guys he could've easily killed without it

He wasn't really the main villian. Thanos was. And the main story was of how the guardians came together. There was enough conflict without the need for the main villian to do shyt.

Its crazy how people criticize the villian in this movie but Ronan caught more bodies than Loki in Avengers. The main villian in Thor 2 infiltrated Asgard and wrecked shyt.

Ronan reminded me of a star trek villian. He had one objective and that was that. With this movie:

1. We learned about all of the infiniti gems.
2. We got more insight and screen time with Thanos which also creates more buzz without over exposure.
3. We got introduced to 5 new characters.

There was action, comedy and drama. I don't see how nikkas can praise MOS but hate on this movie :russ:
Praise TDK trilogy which had very little fight scenes but criticize this movie :mjpls:

u nikkas :umad:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
1358070609689.gif

haha this movie. It's simultaneously an unrepentant Marvel film, but something entirely different in terms of tone and universe from other Marvel films. It's simultaneously ambitious, but very safe in terms of plot and opening up of the other parts of the Marvel universe.

Several things annoyed me though. For one, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day being adapted into a film. Dumb and Dumber To which just looks painful and trying too hard on several levels. I don't even want to go back and watch the original because I'm afraid it might be retarded.

Oh, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ol, I'm gonna act like this is the third film in the franchise ass movie. I was sitting there the first 20 minutes like
Vzm8B.gif

I'm an adult, and this is my life. Marvel films forever, for the rest of my life. They'll outlive me. shyt crashing into shyt, the superhero universe forever. We'll soon have a 24 hour Marvel channel. All the overlapping nonsense and Marvel properties rubbing up against each other, vying for ALL the attention in the world.

But once I was acclimated I came to realize that it really is just like all other Marvel films. It's just with this one we're introduced to a vast other in terms of environment and tone. We go to different planets, a head floating in space/mining colony (sure) (again I'm an adult), pristine space cities, space prisons, and a host of other species and characters. There was an infusion of different music and better written humor than the super broad and corny humor we get with other Marvel films. But besides that? :yeshrug: same ol.

The thing that Marvel movies have going for them though is they've hatched a tried and true formula in terms of plot. There is some MacGuffin, they write the motivations for all the characters to get this MacGuffin, the characters overlap on themselves betraying and joining forces, throw in some CGI, some 3D, a spaceship of some sort crashing into a building or city, same tired ass action and fight scenes, an after credits scene and voila, you have yourself a Marvel film. It works because it creates propulsive action from one scene to the next.

Thing with Guardians is that it had a tough trouble balancing that. In fact, this is one of the geekiest ass movies I've seen in some time. Which isn't bad. But it presents a problem for the writers. They want it to be accessible enough that regular dimwits like me can come in and enjoy it and also not alienate their fanbase. I feel like this isn't so much a problem with the staple Marvel properties. Like I wasn't a big comic fan growing up, but I GET Spiderman y'know? With Guardians, this is probably the first some people are hearing about these characters. So the film is weighed down by a bunch of expository dialogue. And perhaps because of that some of the motivations and characters weren't entirely fleshed out as well as they could have been, chiefly Gamora, Nebula, Ronan and his relationship to Thanos. Like what the fukk was that? Cool. Cool villain.

And just like other marvel films, I have no desire to see it again. Props to them for switching it up a bit, but it was ultimately too safe.

Shout out to the dude in my theater who, when Howard the Duck came on squealed with delight and yelled out, "HOLY fukkING shyt :gladbron:"

Relax b it's just Howard the Duck. shyt wasn't even funny :why:

Last edited: