THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was a quality children's movie, which I see now is marvel's agenda as oppose to WB/DC trying to make movies for adults, which is probably why their winning, stuff like that dikk line should have been left out in child's movie in my opinion
the comedy I didn't care for, it looked good visually but not was too cartoony, even though thats problem how it was intended

the air battle looked like some shyt outta of Final Fantasy, I mean it looked good, but it was too videogamish

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
this right here

I loved the movie, but its not seeing SW at all. way too early to even have that convo.

like someone said earlier GoTG is more comparable to Flash Gordon from the 80's than SW

I don't think it compares to Flash Gordon though. Flash Gordon was all cheese, that fired on all cylinders, including the timing. This probably compares more to The Princess Bride in space. It's cheesy, but more tongue-in-cheek and very witty. I actually think it's better than the Avengers, surprisingly. It's a better movie, but it may not be as entertaining.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, it wasn't shown or explained WHY. It was brushed off and poorly executed. Why you think the MAJORITY of people stating the weakest link of the film is the villain. He came off as some cliche evil antagonist. A blank face. Very generic. No personality. NOTHING. As well as they developed the characters of the Guardians, they didn't do so much with Ronan the Accuser, especially nothing like he is in the comics.

And don't throw that "fanboy" shiit either, because Yondu in the comics was nothing like in the film either, but he was handled WELL. But Ronan was generic as the REST of the Marvel villains before him.

It was explained in the movie. You have to go back and watch it again. Not only did Ronan explain it but the store clerk/alien that Starlord was stealing the orb for early in the movie mentioned it when he told him that Ronan was after the orb. Why was the alien pushing him out of the store after he told him that? Go back and watch it.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
The movie was :wow:. fukking dope.

The only thing I didn't like (comic fan nitpick) was Gamora and Drax getting that crazy power down from the comics.:beli: Ronan is a boss in the comics but he was an absolute weak link in this film.

:russ: @ Ronan trying to get:demonic: in a No Flex Zone. Nebula's face was straight :merchant: status when he tried to step to Thanos. She knew better. Thanos hit him with that :dahell::birdman::camby:. It's a wrap for heroes everywhere when he steps off of the lazy boy.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
it was a quality children's movie, which I see now is marvel's agenda as oppose to WB/DC trying to make movies for adults, which is probably why their winning, stuff like that dikk line should have been left out in child's movie in my opinion
the comedy I didn't care for, it looked good visually but not was too cartoony, even though thats problem how it was intended

the air battle looked like some shyt outta of Final Fantasy, I mean it looked good, but it was too videogamish

You must be referring to the animated movies because DC's live action movies don't do anywhere near as good as any of the Marvel movies be it Marvel studios, Fox, Or Sony, with the exception of Batman. The only place DC is winning is in the animated universe.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All movies with marvel characters are marvel movies. nikkas trying to only say marvel studios acting like the others are trash. Marvel sold some rights to other studios to make movies...but those are still marvel movies. Cause if they arent then i guess these are all disney movies now right?

Uh....no, they aren't Marvel movies actually.

And yes, in the court of public opinion a movie that Marvel Studios had nothing to do with does reflect negatively/positively on the company. Of course it does, it's their characters. But the people on this forum are fairly well versed in movies, and pop culture in general, so we know better, don't we?

That's like saying "Hellraiser 7" is a Clive Barker movie because he sold them the rights back in 1986, and it's his fault the franchise sucks because he sold it to them, despite the fact he's had zero input since 1988. shyt makes zero sense, which is why multiple people are responding to your posts on some :what: shyt.
I mean....c'mon son. Your only rebuttal is "they're all fanboys" which is :mjlol:because I've never seen any of these dudes discuss Marvel outside of this thread. This isn't a very comic-centric forum, nor was The Arcadium prior to this, or The Rec Room prior to that. These people are just random ass people that liked the movie, that you're trying to put the "fanboy" jacket on because they're disagreeing with you.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must be referring to the animated movies because DC's live action movies don't do anywhere near as good as any of the Marvel movies be it Marvel studios, Fox, Or Sony, with the exception of Batman. The only place DC is winning is in the animated universe.

i was referring to marvel winning the subject of that sentence was marvel, they make kids movies so their flaws are ignored because it's mindless entertainment

The DC movies try to make superman dramatic and failed, the nolan batmans will not age well, that dark knight suit looks ridiculous already, like a fake metal gear solid sneak suit

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It was a great movie. Loved every second of it. My only gripe is like all Marvel villains Ronan was a weak villain. The plot kind of reminded me of Thor 2. Cap 2 still the better movie but Got damn it if this ain't giving it a run for its money. But like someone else says Marvel Cosmic Universe> than Marvel Earth Universe by a long shot based of one movie :banderas:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Uh....no, they aren't Marvel movies actually.

And yes, in the court of public opinion a movie that Marvel Studios had nothing to do with does reflect negatively/positively on the company. Of course it does, it's their characters. But the people on this forum are fairly well versed in movies, and pop culture in general, so we know better, don't we?

That's like saying "Hellraiser 7" is a Clive Barker movie because he sold them the rights back in 1986, and it's his fault the franchise sucks because he sold it to them, despite the fact he's had zero input since 1988. shyt makes zero sense, which is why multiple people are responding to your posts on some :what: shyt.
I mean....c'mon son. Your only rebuttal is "they're all fanboys" which is :mjlol:because I've never seen any of these dudes discuss Marvel outside of this thread. This isn't a very comic-centric forum, nor was The Arcadium prior to this, or The Rec Room prior to that. These people are just random ass people that liked the movie, that you're trying to put the "fanboy" jacket on because they're disagreeing with you.

Fred.
So marvel comics with different writers are only marvel if its a good writer or what?

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
And comics currently. Marvel has live action movies and video games on lock

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Wait I ain't read through the thread but is nikkas really saying Ronan was a good Villain :mjlol:

Come on some that was a great movie but Ronan was a terrible villain. nikka was angry for his father' father father whatever the fukk with no real explanation provided :pachaha: