Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Just "copped" the soundtrack :youngsabo:

:ohlawd:

Had this on repeat in the gym this afternoon. :lawd:

On a different note, I couldn't shake this idea the entire time I watched this movie and that was "Hmm...this would be a DOPE sequence in the video game." :ohhh:

With the opening scene and almost every action sequence, I kept envisioning how using Star-Lord in a video game on Morag would be or how the action would be when the characters met...recruiting and switching characters...Rocket-Groot combinations...different encounters with Ronan...attacking ships...the prison scene....it'd be a fun game. :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ain't seen this movie but the "Star Wars" comparisons are partially because both (and "Flash Gordon", and "Firefly") are from a sub genre of sci-fi called "space opera". So all these are cut from the same cloth.

Also keep in mind the last 3 "Star Wars" weren't well received so this might satisfy that "space opera" itch better than "Star Wars" for some people.

Fred.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronan to me was one of the best well written characters that Marvel has done in their movies thus far. Every time he was onscreen he commanded that sh1t. His acting was great and the costume was really dope too. I enjoyed his character.

Marvel really nailed this movie.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ronan to me was one of the best well written characters that Marvel has done in their movies thus far. Every time he was onscreen he commanded that sh1t. His acting was great and the costume was really dope too. I enjoyed his character.

Marvel really nailed this movie.

That's what I felt too.... Peeps killed me talking about "bu bu bu but he ain't do enough"

This nicca was basically a general.... Not a common petty soldier.. "HE COMMANDED shyt!"

And when he did fight, he got DOWN!! (Another complaint was Drax came off weak..... Well was he really weak or was Ronan just that damn powerful, make up y'all mind peeps).

When dude got the power up, he was even more unfukkwitable..... But he just got "arrogant" and that was his downfall (nicca thought he could make Thanos shook) also he didn't understand human silliness and dropped his guard for that slight moment

Overall, he was thorough

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I felt too.... Peeps killed me talking about "bu bu bu but he ain't do enough"

This nicca was basically a general.... Not a common petty soldier.. "HE COMMANDED shyt!"

And when he did fight, he got DOWN!! (Another complaint was Drax came off weak..... Well was he really weak or was Ronan just that damn powerful, make up y'all mind peeps).

When dude got the power up, he was even more unfukkwitable..... But he just got "arrogant" and that was his downfall (nicca thought he could make Thanos shook) also he didn't understand human silliness and dropped his guard for that slight moment

Overall, he was thorough
When he told Thanos to fukk off, I was like this dude is one of the best villians I've seen in awhile. I hope he returns.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Breh no offense but you're moving the goal post all over the fukking place.

Aside from selling the rights Marvel had nothing to do with the movies you mentioned....and then you said "but they sold the rights!" as if that's a valid point. Then you posted this, and started talking about what other studios are making money. :what:

The "Marvel" movies are the ones directly tied to "The Avengers". Everything else is stuff they sold, and have little to no control over. It's not rocket science.

Now, if you want to say the "official" Marvel Studio movies are garbage, or over rated, or whatever, that's another topic entirely, but you're all over the place so it's kinda hard to understand what point you're trying to make.

Fred.
All movies with marvel characters are marvel movies. nikkas trying to only say marvel studios acting like the others are trash. Marvel sold some rights to other studios to make movies...but those are still marvel movies. Cause if they arent then i guess these are all disney movies now right?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So many quotables :noah:

Yep, I need to see this shyt again just so I can remember all that shyt that had me dying in the theater.

"Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast" :dead:

Quill signing into the damn lizards like microphones....and punting them all over the cave :mjlol:

John C. Reilly explaining murder to Drax :russ:

Rocket asking for the leg and the eye :heh:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
All movies with marvel characters are marvel movies. nikkas trying to only say marvel studios acting like the others are trash. Marvel sold some rights to other studios to make movies...but those are still marvel movies. Cause if they arent then i guess these are all disney movies now right?

I don't understand why this means so much to you.