THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep, I need to see this shyt again just so I can remember all that shyt that had me dying in the theater.

"Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast" :dead:

Quill signing into the damn lizards like microphones....and punting them all over the cave :mjlol:

John C. Reilly explaining murder to Drax :russ:

Rocket asking for the leg and the eye :heh:

Straight up, Rocket is probably my third fav Marvel character now on the strength of this movie and Bradley Cooper's performance. Dude killed it

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Straight up, Rocket is probably my third fav Marvel character now on the strength of this movie and Bradley Cooper's performance. Dude killed it

Cooper was awesome....although until I see some footage of him recording the voice I'm not gonna believe it was him :heh: Sounded NOTHING like him 90% of the time

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cooper was awesome....although until I see some footage of him recording the voice I'm not gonna believe it was him :heh: Sounded NOTHING like him 90% of the time

Dude is a good actor man it's not beyond belief that he can pull it off :russ:. He stole the show in my eyes

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronan to me was one of the best well written characters that Marvel has done in their movies thus far. Every time he was onscreen he commanded that sh1t. His acting was great and the costume was really dope too. I enjoyed his character.

Marvel really nailed this movie.

Now I know Marvel is naturally bad in dressing their rogue gallary up, but COME ON! :usure:

Dismiss the fact that in the comic books Ronan the Accuser ISN'T EVIL like this movie portrays him to be, and in actuality he is an ANTI-HERO that even helped the Guardians team at times, but in this film, he was POORLY WRITTEN in which it wasn't clearly understood his motivations and reasons or even purpose of so-called "destorying the galaxy" outside of feeling himself with power. And he was severely underused and was defeated in a lil cheesy way, on some "lets hold hands with the orb".

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Had this on repeat in the gym this afternoon. :lawd:

On a different note, I couldn't shake this idea the entire time I watched this movie and that was "Hmm...this would be a DOPE sequence in the video game." :ohhh:

With the opening scene and almost every action sequence, I kept envisioning how using Star-Lord in a video game on Morag would be or how the action would be when the characters met...recruiting and switching characters...Rocket-Groot combinations...different encounters with Ronan...attacking ships...the prison scene....it'd be a fun game. :ehh:

After watchin it with my kids they went straight to the ps4 to play marvel lego heroes. I didnt even realize they were all in the game. Marvel way ahead with their shyt

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I hope the next marvel movie done by a non-marvel studio does well so I can see all the marvel fanboys jump on it and try to claim it.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now I know Marvel is naturally bad in dressing their rogue gallary up, but COME ON! :usure:

Dismiss the fact that in the comic books Ronan the Accuser ISN'T EVIL like this movie portrays him to be, and in actuality he is an ANTI-HERO that even helped the Guardians team at times, but in this film, he was POORLY WRITTEN in which it wasn't clearly understood his motivations and reasons or even purpose of so-called "destorying the galaxy" outside of feeling himself with power. And he was severely underused and was defeated in a lil cheesy way, on some "lets hold hands with the orb".
Ronan's intention in the movie was to destroy Xander and the Xandarians. He used his allegiance with Thanos to get the orb. The Guardians were trying to stop him. What movie did you watch or were you not paying attention? They are going to make another Guardians movie so they may touch on the fact that he is not really a villian or a hero. They can't reveal everything when they are obviously trying to make other movies with the Guardians in it.

I wish these comic book fanboys will just accept the fact that these movies are an adaptation of the comic and not based solely on the comic material. I guess it's hard for them to wrap their mind around this concept. Everything is not going to be EXACTLY like the comic book and quite honestly it shouldn't be.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronan's intention in the movie was to destroy Xander and the Xandarians. He used his allegiance with Thanos to get the orb. The Guardians were trying to stop him. What movie did you watch or were you not paying attention? They are going to make another Guardians movie so they may touch on the fact that he is not really a villian or a hero. They can't reveal everything when they are obviously trying to make other movies with the Guardians in it.

I wish these comic book fanboys will just accept the fact that these movies are an adaptation of the comic and not based solely on the comic material. I guess it's hard for them to wrap their mind around this concept. Everything is not going to be EXACTLY like the comic book and quite honestly it shouldn't be.

Again, it wasn't shown or explained WHY. It was brushed off and poorly executed. Why you think the MAJORITY of people stating the weakest link of the film is the villain. He came off as some cliche evil antagonist. A blank face. Very generic. No personality. NOTHING. As well as they developed the characters of the Guardians, they didn't do so much with Ronan the Accuser, especially nothing like he is in the comics.

And don't throw that "fanboy" shiit either, because Yondu in the comics was nothing like in the film either, but he was handled WELL. But Ronan was generic as the REST of the Marvel villains before him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Again, it wasn't shown or explained WHY. It was brushed off and poorly executed. Why you think the MAJORITY of people stating the weakest link of the film is the villain. He came off as some cliche evil antagonist. A blank face. Very generic. No personality. NOTHING. As well as they developed the characters of the Guardians, they didn't do so much with Ronan the Accuser, especially nothing like he is in the comics.

And don't throw that "fanboy" shiit either, because Yondu in the comics was nothing like in the film either, but he was handled WELL. But Ronan was generic as the REST of the Marvel villains before him.

:ld::salute: