THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
saw this shyt last night brehs and i think i just witnessed the 3rd best marvel movie :wow: or at least for me.....i mean the shyt hit on EVERYTHING, the emotion (the "we are groot" scene :to: and when peter finally read his mom letter :sadbron:), the comedy (rocket and drax were hilarious in this shyt), the action (cant name anything specific, it was all piff), the visuals (that scene when starlord saved gimora had me in the theater like :krs:) and i think it had the best villain of any of the marvel films (and my nicca thanos appearance :myman:).....im not a nitpicker so i really cant think of anything wrong with the film, shyt had "will be watching it for years to come" written all over it and i cant wait to watch this piff again especially on bluray :win:

EDIT: it had the 2nd best villain, idk why i keep forgetting bout cap 2 lol need to cop the bluray asap

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
yeah the cosmic side of marvel could be a hell of a franchise to branch off of, New warriors, a silver surfer movie done the right way :wow:

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah the cosmic side of marvel could be a hell of a franchise to branch off of, New warriors, a silver surfer movie done the right way :wow:

imagine marvel making a fantastic four movie and at the end end of the movie after the threat have been crushed they stand on top of the baxter building and one of those avengers jets come flying, out jumps captain america thor and iron man like "are we late"? than a handshake between reed richards ( I refuse to call him mr fantastic) and cap. america and after that end credits

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Marvel just dropped the summer movie of the year, this has potential to be big as Star Wars , it passed the Avengers already. Best movie of the year by far.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel just dropped the summer movie of the year, this has potential to be big as Star Wars , it passed the Avengers already. Best movie of the year by far.

The movie is definitely fun entertainment, but very flawed. The best movie of the summer is still Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

But, I get it. Everyone always overhype it immediately after seeing it.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
They need to do a movie on Annihilation breh. Id fukking lose it. Annihilus on the big screen goin head to head against EVERYBODY including the GAWD Richard Rider would be more than anything I've ever imagined.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I keep on hearing y'all talk about "how they should build up Thanos more" but my question is why?

This nicca ain't really gonna be truly seen till Avengers 3!

That's atleast 6-7 movies away! Why even blow the was now this early??? This movie out of all of them already gave us the most about Thanos than the first 9 movies combined, all they need to do is just continue to sprinkle a little more here and there...... No need to overload it with this movie, hell I'm actually surprised we even heard him talk
what does he say? :lupe:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did you think were the flaws?

CONS. Even though the movie was cheesy by intent, it was sappy and CORNY unintentionally. There were WAY too many scenes in which I literally rolled my eyes. The opening scene, albiet important for a backstory for Peter Quill, fell flat on an emotional level. Same with when Quill went out to save Gamora, or Groot displaying "light" for the group to see. Maybe because the REST of the film was comical and never took itself seriously, those few serious moment just felt OFF. Poorly executed.

The writing for this movie, like with most Marvel films is very weak. It had some great jokes, but the strength of that DESERVES to go to the lead actors, because they embraced their characters as their own and salavaged what was a totally weak script with a cliche plot. Marvel GOT to do something about writing BETTER stories. I mean this was as predictable as it gets with the SAME 3RD ACT that we see TIME and TIME and TIME again. I mean the 3rd act is LITERALLY IDENTICAL TO WINTER SOLDIER!!

With the exception for the dude that played Yondu (although he's COMPLETELY different from the comics) and the chick that played Nebula (she was bad-ass), the supporting characters were a waste. I wasn't feeling them either way, nor did I connect to the fear of that planet, or city or whatever getting destoryed. They literally came off as if they were on paper and not bring any extra spice to their respective scenes. For example, as great of actors Glen Close, Benicio del Toro, and Djimon Hounsou are, it felt like they just came in to get a quick paycheck or they were severely underused. I still up to judgement on THANOS mainly because he was in for such a short time, like two minutes tops, that I not exactly know what to make of it. I know I wasn't impressed, but at the same time I'll give it a pass since he purposely supposed to be like how the Emperor was in Empire Strikes Back. I'm sure once the 3rd Avengers movie come through, we would have a full complete embrace to the character.

This brings me to the main antagonist of the picture, RONAN. I do not understand why time and time again Marvel struggles to introduce the fans to a WORTHY memorable villain. Someone that pushes the hero(s) to their limit and leave you in awe. I mean, we JUST coming off one of the greatest villains since Ledger's Joker with KOBA. And I cannot blame the actor, because he have to do with what little he has. We don't understand his motivations, reasons or anything as to why he wants to get the orb to destory the galaxy or any remote backstory to understand why he power thristy to begin with. He comes off a generic villain that gets his in the end in a generic kind of way. This is one of the BIGGEST things that annoys me about Marvel and that's it's weak handling of it's rogue gallaries.

Now keep in mind, I am NOT bashing the film. I enjoyed it for what it was. It was pure escapism and a FUN film. But, I'm not going to sit here and yell, "best Marvel film ever" or "best summer film" when there are films this films that were BETTER. It's not really the funniest film of the summer, that award goes to 22 Jumpstreet. But, you asked me for the flaws that I saw and I answered. But it is still a solid film, flaws excluded.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
CONS. Even though the movie was cheesy by intent, it was sappy and CORNY unintentionally. There were WAY too many scenes in which I literally rolled my eyes. The opening scene, albiet important for a backstory for Peter Quill, fell flat on an emotional level. Same with when Quill went out to save Gamora, or Groot displaying "light" for the group to see. Maybe because the REST of the film was comical and never took itself seriously, those few serious moment just felt OFF. Poorly executed.

The writing for this movie, like with most Marvel films is very weak. It had some great jokes, but the strength of that DESERVES to go to the lead actors, because they embraced their characters as their own and salavaged what was a totally weak script with a cliche plot. Marvel GOT to do something about writing BETTER stories. I mean this was as predictable as it gets with the SAME 3RD ACT that we see TIME and TIME and TIME again. I mean the 3rd act is LITERALLY IDENTICAL TO WINTER SOLDIER!!

With the exception for the dude that played Yondu (although he's COMPLETELY different from the comics) and the chick that played Nebula (she was bad-ass), the supporting characters were a waste. I wasn't feeling them either way, nor did I connect to the fear of that planet, or city or whatever getting destoryed. They literally came off as if they were on paper and not bring any extra spice to their respective scenes. For example, as great of actors Glen Close, Benicio del Toro, and Djimon Hounsou are, it felt like they just came in to get a quick paycheck or they were severely underused. I still up to judgement on THANOS mainly because he was in for such a short time, like two minutes tops, that I not exactly know what to make of it. I know I wasn't impressed, but at the same time I'll give it a pass since he purposely supposed to be like how the Emperor was in Empire Strikes Back. I'm sure once the 3rd Avengers movie come through, we would have a full complete embrace to the character.

This brings me to the main antagonist of the picture, RONAN. I do not understand why time and time again Marvel struggles to introduce the fans to a WORTHY memorable villain. Someone that pushes the hero(s) to their limit and leave you in awe. I mean, we JUST coming off one of the greatest villains since Ledger's Joker with KOBA. And I cannot blame the actor, because he have to do with what little he has. We don't understand his motivations, reasons or anything as to why he wants to get the orb to destory the galaxy or any remote backstory to understand why he power thristy to begin with. He comes off a generic villain that gets his in the end in a generic kind of way. This is one of the BIGGEST things that annoys me about Marvel and that's it's weak handling of it's rogue gallaries.

Now keep in mind, I am NOT bashing the film. I enjoyed it for what it was. It was pure escapism and a FUN film. But, I'm not going to sit here and yell, "best Marvel film ever" or "best summer film" when there are films this films that were BETTER. It's not really the funniest film of the summer, that award goes to 22 Jumpstreet. But, you asked me for the flaws that I saw and I answered. But it is still a solid film, flaws excluded.

:ehh:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I dont get the Marvel 3rd act complaint.

I mean its a comic movie, you know the good guys are gonna win in the end. And this isnt like the comics where there are 3 different versions of the same character in different books. They cant kill off a main character and then bring them back the next movie. The best stories in comics play out over years. Its impossible to condense all that into a 2 hour movie.