THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Finished....it was cool. If you see it, watch it in 3-D but it's just outside of my Top 5 Marvel movies. Dope nonetheless

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I loved this movie...it was like how I felt seeing Star Wars for the first time, just pure giddy enjoyment.
James Gunn is that dude. I can't wait to see what he can do when other studios start throwing cash at him to make more big budget movies.
Still think Marvel has a problem with creating compelling villains outside of Loki. Ronan had potential but it was never fully realized. Hopefully once Thanos starts doing stuff he will buck the trend.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
$36M on it's first day, that's only $17M less than Green Lantern's opening weekend :laff:.

Marvel got movies making $$$$$ in non-blockbuster months. Cap 2 broke records for a April release, Guardians is about to do same for an August release :wow:. Ant-Man will make money next year :wow:.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I kno nothing bout this movie...just randomly decided to come watch it after i got off. Here at the theater now...3D

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
yeah, you're one of those "only marvel studios is marvel" type of people

Whoa breh!!!!

I gotta jump in here... Cuz when these so called "type of people" say that..... That's a legit gripe to use.

Ok yes, these other movies have been Marvel created and affiliated products but since studios like Fox and Sony own the rights, they pretty much have the last say and more control of the direction of these movies.

So for example say if Fox and the director says "hey we're gonna make Galactus a cloud" Marvel can only say "but he's not a cloud" and they say "fukk off" and do their own thing.

When they wanna make Deadpool Baraka from Mortal Kombat with Cyclops powers and Marvel says "that's not Deadpool" when they say "fukk off" you can't fault Marvel.

When it's decided that Dr. Doom is a billionaire American tech Mongol who was with the F4 during their cosmic incident that mutants his skin to metal or later change the race of Johnny a Storm, or give Spidey organic webbing or change the origin of some of the Xmen and so on and so on.

This goes beyond "that type of person"

Those past flops ain't on Marvel, all they could do is sit tearfully quiet and watch some of their babies get anally raped

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
With that said.... This movie was dope as hell.

When it comes to Ronan though..... I hear y'all complaints about him, but for every complaint y'all give him y'all praise the main cast. A sacrifice had to be made and I think it was the right one. Should they have fleshed out Ronans role more I think it would've taken away from the main cast and even the other minor characters like Yando.

Hell y'all see how thin the Nova Corpse looked.

Very solid movie though