THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
What a fantastic movie. Some heavy emotional moments, some awesome action, and tons of hilarious bits. I really think Marvel knocked this one out of the park. Batista did great as Drax. He personally was my favorite of the team. Some genuinely funny moments from him for sure.

My only gripe was, like a few others were saying, Ronan is absolutely underused in this movie. I feel like with the exception of Loki, every time Marvel has a good villain on their hands (Red Skull, Obadiah Stane, the Abomination) they don't let their character rise to his potential. I understand that these movies are not about the villains and we will never get a Heath Ledger-Joker level performance from Marvel Studios, but it just sucks to see potential wasted. And like someone said earlier, this is not the anti-hero Ronan of the comics. He's bad.

The post-credits scene is definitely some shyt :lolbron:

Spoilers:

Did ANYBODY else notice The Collector has a Skrull in his collection? :lupe:

Won't be able to see this until Monday. How was Thanos?

Fred.

No spoilers, but hidden for those who would rather see the performance firsthand before making the call:

Very well executed. Everyone in the galaxy knows he's the Mad Titan, and to cross him means death. He's not playing around. His appearances are brief, but impactful.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What a fantastic movie. Some heavy emotional moments, some awesome action, and tons of hilarious bits. I really think Marvel knocked this one out of the park. Batista did great as Drax. He personally was my favorite of the team. Some genuinely funny moments from him for sure.

My only gripe was, like a few others were saying, Ronan is absolutely underused in this movie. I feel like with the exception of Loki, every time Marvel has a good villain on their hands (Red Skull, Obadiah Stane, the Abomination) they don't let their character rise to his potential. I understand that these movies are not about the villains and we will never get a Heath Ledger-Joker level performance from Marvel Studios, but it just sucks to see potential wasted. And like someone said earlier, this is not the anti-hero Ronan of the comics. He's bad.

The post-credits scene is definitely some shyt :lolbron:

Spoilers:

Did ANYBODY else notice The Collector has a Skrull in his collection? :lupe:

No spoilers, but hidden for those who would rather see the performance firsthand before making the call:

Very well executed. Everyone in the galaxy knows he's the Mad Titan, and to cross him means death. He's not playing around. His appearances are brief, but impactful.

I think the way marvel does it, they don't emphasis the villains in the solo projects because those movies and puzzles to a larger picture. I think they save the most powerful villians for the avengers movies. They do a good job at developing the main characters though. With this movie, I think because nobody knew who these characters were they felt the need to emphasis the team and giving them a big enough crisis/villain to carry the movie along. Thanos overshadows whoever is under him anyway.

did thanos have any speaking lines?

Daps
Reppin
KCMO
Just got back from the midnight showing. Felt like every actor did their part great and outside of Ronan was used great.

:stopitslime: at me waiting for the credits to end to see a Howard the Duck cameo.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
:mjlol:
Bt6oCMKCcAERYyY.jpg:large

:whoa: my bad yall

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So how is this movie in the same universe as avengers and how is thanos evil both franchises

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Another :win:for Marvel:ehh:. Warner Bros didn't even have the balls to set their Green Lantern movie in space :Flairlol:, this movie makes that attempt look even more laughable.

Disney gonna :eat:off that Groot and Rocket Racc00n merc.

:russ: The Entire success of the MCU has made the great Warner Bros. look incompetent!!!

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
From IGN:

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and the Guardians of the Galaxy team chat on how they are bringing back Star Wars pre Episode 7.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn explains what it's like making a movie for Marvel.

Chris Pratt, James Gunn and the Guardians of the Galaxy team reveal why Rocket Racc00n is so beloved.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
From IGN:

We've seen it, but what does this mean for the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe? Is a new spin-off film in the works?

Vin Diesel, Zoe Saldana, and Chris Pratt & the Guardians team imagine how their characters would get along with the Avengers.