THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw this and :wow:

Overall very enjoyable film, it's very much in the vein of The Avengers (as expected from marvel) in how the film is presented (though I'm not saying they're the same at all), so if you didn't like that film then you won't like this. Even though he only has a voice over, I think Vin killed it with Groot;

I gotta have the soundtrack though, the song selection was just:wow:. Won't get into plot details though since it just started showing. loved it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just saw it, VERY entertaining movie. First 10-15 minutes were a struggle but after that it really gets going and it's fun as fukk to watch. There's some corny and forced comedy moments but they were overshadowed by the action and legit funny parts. It's not a classic by any means but you shouldn't watch this (or any movie really) expecting that kinda thing. I guess there's goinna be people that will hate this flick, call it overrated or just troll about it but nah, this shyt was worth the watch 100%.

Marvel is gonna EAT out of them Groot and Rocket merch. Those two were the best part of the movie imo.

I think part 2 can only be better, Marvel's got another franchise on their hands :blessed:

Don't read if you don't wanna get spoiled
Thanos gets mentioned a lot and the move gives you the sense he's a legit threat and bad guy. But he only appeared for like 30 seconds in a 1 minute scene, I was a little disappointed because they didn't really build up him for Avengers 3. There's still no real link between him and the Infinity Gems and I hoped that was going to start in this film. I hope there's more development in Avengers 2 because I don't wanna sit through 30 minutes of explanation about Thanos and the Gems :beli:

Ronan was meh. It reeaaally didn't help I'm watching Halt and Catch Fire because watching Joe being the main villain was really underwhelming, he didn't convince me at all. Maybe he will for other people though...

Batista was better than I expected, dude had a couple of really funny scenes. I thought Drax was more powerful though, he was a beast against everyone except the really bad guys.

Zoe :noah: I don't care if she green. I'd hit in a heart bit :noah:

Star Lord was great I thought, dude pulled it off

Hated the Nova Corps. The mix of comedy and for this supposedly great police force didn't work for me at all. They come out like a bunch of jobbers :manny:

AFTER CREDIT SCENE SPOILER

It was Howard the fukking Duck :dead: :dead:

Guy behind was fukking pissed :russ:

There was a couple were dude was legit marking out about it. He was all :gladbron: and his girl was like :what: I don't get it :beli:

I guess seeing Groot grow again while dancing "I want you back" by Michael Jackson was the other "after credit" scene although it was right before they started rolling (though the movie was over)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2ibj2hv.png

:blessed:
:blessed:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Just got back. Marvel just cant be stopped right now.

LOVED it. Like homie above said the soundtrack really made the film. They really did a great job with all the characters and getting you to care about them. None of the back stories dragged at all.

As expected Rocket really stole it. Had the best lines. Drax was surprisingly good as well. All of the Guardians were good and the comedy parts flowed well; never felt forced.

:heh: At the post credits scene. Definite trolling.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
just came back and all I'm going to say is Guardians of the Galaxy just dethroned Winter Soldier as best Marvel movie IMO, everything was on point the humor, the action , the racc00n and Grooth :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
What's up with theaters showing movies the day before they're supposed to? LOL. Theater here in Lexington started showing this at 7 PM today. Gonna catch the show at 945 or 10.
pretty much what the dude below said.. i think its cool. i used to be able to do midnight when i was young and in college but im old now and a 7 pm premiere is dope to me

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wake-dark-knight-rises-shooting-382873

For all of you asking about Midnights. Sorry, Midnights died after "The Dark Knight Rises" shootings. Theaters will never do the midnight premiere's again. They feel it will be a cause for trouble. Don't get me wrong, there will still be a Midnight show but there will no more "MIDNIGHT" premiere anymore. So now they adopted an older formula called "Previews" where the start showing the movie 7-9PM to kill off demand. "The Matrix Reloaded" was the 1st film to try this method for a major blockbuster 10 years ago in 2003. So weither it be "The Avengers 2" or "Star Wars 7" expect "Preview" showings instead of Midnights going forward.

Attack of the clones is the first movie i remember premiering on a thursday..they said they wanted it to coincide with the intl release or something back in 02

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Imma be honest with you guys. This is automatically one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't even think I can explain why I loved it so much. Entire spectrum of emotions from :wow::sadcam::ohhh::shaq::russ::comeon::leostare::to: were all flowing through my being while watching this shyt.

I mean...I dunno. Maybe cause I'm a fan of the comic, but this aint even based off any of the storylines. I know some things could have been better. Like Ronan was alright. I feel like Drax maybe was a little underpowered. But fukk, man. That whole package was something else. Marvel dun did it. Greatest Marvel flick ever IMO. Chris Pratt just out Downey'd Downey. :ahh:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Like someone else said, though, I'm gonna need to see the Nova Corps redeem themselves. I mean they were pulling off some shyt in the movie, but I need to see Richard Rider put in some fukking work out there in space. Marvel Cosmic Universe just based off this one movie >>> all that Earth shyt.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Like someone else said, though, I'm gonna need to see the Nova Corps redeem themselves. I mean they were pulling off some shyt in the movie, but I need to see Richard Rider put in some fukking work out there in space. Marvel Cosmic Universe just based off this one movie >>> all that Earth shyt.

:to: finally.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Brehs that was a dope movie :wow: Great mix of action and comedy. Felt like they fleshed out all 5 team members pretty well too. Top 3 movie of the summer for sure Cant wait for the next one

Only downside for me was the villain... Felt like he could have fukked shyt up WAY more than he did, but im starting to understand thats what we are gonna get from the marvel movies. :yeshrug:

But its dope to see an all off earth movie that was quality, keep em coming marvel :eat: