THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
You're this dumb, right? :what:

You're asking where the DC fanboys are when a couple dudes that hate this movie have more posts (60+) than 99% of the people here that liked it.

Do you seriously think they're gonna come out and say "yeah, I stan DC breh, completely disregard my posts"....or are you smart enough to figure out an ulterior motive?

And I already addressed this:

You came into a thread 20 pages deep, people praising the movie left and right, quoted no one, mind you, just made a blanket statement about "Marvel fanboys", and you expect people to know who and what specifically you're talking about? Then on top of that you hadn't even seen the movie.

Like I said, you ain't this dumb.

Fred.
I asked for yall to point them out since. Whats so hard about @ a nikka? The general consensus could tell if that person is a DC stan or not. It isnt hard to tell, just like we can point out the Marvel ones here.

They hate this movie and then have a lot of posts cause they are arguing with people about it. That doesnt make them a stan, wtf

:gladbron:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/g...ursday-box-office-opening-of-year-1201273544/

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Soars to Biggest Thursday Box Office Opening of the Year

Who needs Iron Man?

Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” got off to a rousing start on Thursday, rocketing to $11.2 million in late night preview screenings. That’s the biggest pre-opening total of the year, besting another Marvel title, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier’s” $10.2 million start in April. Roughly $1.9 million of “Guardian’s” initial haul came from Imax screenings.

Despite lacking a top-shelf superhero in the form of Captain America or Thor, the comic book adaptation is on track for the biggest August opening in history, topping “The Bourne Ultimatum’s” $69.3 million bow. It is expected to premiere to north of $75 million, but could soar even higher given that “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” debuted to $95 million this spring and this film is hitting loftier numbers.

meanwhile WB/DC is still 2 years off from finally getting Wonder Woman on the big screen :mjlol:

^that was LITERALLY the post before my "lol marvel fanboys post" why do I need to quote or point someone out when its obvious who I was talking to? You're acting like I came in here and randomly said that shyt when no one said anything in relation to it. I also said that I would call a DC stan out if they said something stupid also.

So you failed reading comprehension and couldnt tell who I was talking to?
Im not not allowed to call them out on saying that about DC cause I didnt watch Guardians? :mindblown: Seeing Guardians has nothing to do with DC

Are you dumb?

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Well TNC and I were arguing about Avengers vs TDK before I realized dude was trolling with his replies and I gave up.
Everything after that is a mystery to me.

Umm, I wasn't trolling, not sure how you can get a difference of opinion as a troll, but w/e

My point was this, I liked Avengers more than TDK, you felt the opposite way, that's fine.

You think tried to say TDK is a better movie, and I'm only asking how? Because as far as being faithful to the source material, the character development, and fan reception, it isn't. You brought in some artistic comments, but still haven't gone into detail about those artistic merits. I'm only asking HOW?

Are you sure you know the artistic aspects of movies well enough to explain it?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Umm, I wasn't trolling, not sure how you can get a difference of opinion as a troll, but w/e

My point was this, I liked Avengers more than TDK, you felt the opposite way, that's fine.

You think tried to say TDK is a better movie, and I'm only asking how? Because as far as being faithful to the source material, the character development, and fan reception, it isn't. You brought in some artistic comments, but still haven't gone into detail about those artistic merits. I'm only asking HOW?

Are you sure you know the artistic aspects of movies well enough to explain it?
2lzgSIN.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I prefer "TDK" to "The Avengers" but very valid points are being made in favor of "The Avengers".

@Ethnic Vagina Finder and @TNC are right, aside from The Joker "TDK" didn't feature the definitive version of any of those characters....nobody was terrible but at the same time nobody says "that's gonna be difficult to top" when talking about any character besides The Joker.

Also, as was pointed out, The Joker stole every single scene he was in, including the ones with Bale as Batman. Batman was completely eclipsed, especially in the interrogation scene.

On the other hand, 20+ years ago if you asked me to imagine Tony Stark and Captain America arguing, or Tony Stark and Loki facing off it would be exactly how it was in "The Avengers".

So while I still think "TDK" is the better movie, "The Avengers" is the better comic book movie, and a much better representation of the characters.

Fred.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I prefer "TDK" to "The Avengers" but very valid points are being made in favor of "The Avengers".

@Ethnic Vagina Finder and @TNC are right, aside from The Joker "TDK" didn't feature the definitive version of any of those characters....nobody was terrible but at the same time nobody says "that's gonna be difficult to top" when talking about any character besides The Joker.

Also, as was pointed out, The Joker stole every single scene he was in, including the ones with Bale as Batman. Batman was completely eclipsed, especially in the interrogation scene.

On the other hand, 20+ years ago if you asked me to imagine Tony Stark and Captain America arguing, or Tony Stark and Loki facing off it would be exactly how it was in "The Avengers".

So while I still think "TDK" is the better movie, "The Avengers" is the better comic book movie, and a much better representation of the characters.

Fred.

THANK YOU, some unbiased opinion and logic finally injected in this thread.

I like both movies, both classic that will set the standard for the comic book genre that I love, but Avengers was a better comic book movie and that comment is not meant in slight to TDK

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Not really a fair comparison. The main people in TDK are just Batman and Joker..and Harvey to an extent, as opposed to Avengers where there are more that has to be focused on...a fair comparison would be like Avengers vs a DC movie that is a group of heroes like "teen titans" if that ever came out or even Justice League maybe. Joker did indeed steal the show though.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Not really a fair comparison. The main people in TDK are just Batman and Joker..and Harvey to an extent, as opposed to Avengers where there are more that has to be focused on...a fair comparison would be like Avengers vs a DC movie that is a group of heroes like "teen titans" if that ever came out or even Justice League maybe. Joker did indeed steal the show though.

They are different types of movies with different goals, of course certain factors will be lopsided in favor of one movie when comparing head to head.

BUT DC/WB are going to have their chance to do a direct comparison when they get their JL movie to come out, so until then, let's just sit back and enjoy this feast Marvel and DC are giving us.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
They are different types of movies with different goals, of course certain factors will be lopsided in favor of one movie when comparing head to head.

BUT DC/WB are going to have their chance to do a direct comparison when they get their JL movie to come out, so until then, let's just sit back and enjoy this feast Marvel and DC are giving us.
thats what ive been trying to say but it always "damn this movie was good, *insert rival here* aint got shyt, look at them struggling, etc" :snoop:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
thats what ive been trying to say but it always "damn this movie was good, *insert rival here* aint got shyt, look at them struggling, etc" :snoop:

I don't know why people ALWAYS have to be negative or big up something by tearing something else down but that ain't my style.

I been reading and collecting comics for 25+ years and as a long time fan, comic fans have NEVER eaten this good before.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just came back from watching excellent movie...

The most impresive thing they did in this movie was how they somehow managed to properly develop all 5 guardians in 2 hours,

Rocket was a fukkin Boss,

Groot was gully

Loved the interaction with the crew, the action was better than Avengers

Only shyt that sucked was the forced love scene with Piccoho and Starlord.. that shyt sucked :camby:

It was funny,

But best of All The Gawd, Thanos made his presence and im glad it wasnt so forced

One of Marvels best films 9/10

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
THANK YOU, some unbiased opinion and logic finally injected in this thread.

I like both movies, both classic that will set the standard for the comic book genre that I love, but Avengers was a better comic book movie and that comment is not meant in slight to TDK
Theirs no such thing as "unbiased opinion."

Someones personal opinion = personal bias.

But hilarious that a person agreeing with you you qualify as unbiased and having logic.

By the way, i put tdk vs avengers to a vote. Lets see what the results are.