Superstar
Daps
i want this brehs..:mjpls:

IMG_70073.jpg

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
GTFOH with that silliness.
Look, Avengers was a really good and fun comic book movie.
The Dark Knight was a great movie, period.
They are two different categories of filmmaking. One was pure popcorn while the other was an attempt at cinematic art.
TDK's getting snubbed by the Oscars made them change their fukking nominating rules for Best Picture. That is major.

Come on man, ya'll cats are trying to make these things out to be deeper than they are. The Dark Knight was STILL a grown man dressed in a Bat costume fighting crime and supervillians. They were BOTH (Avengers and TDK) great movies, but they had two entirely different goals. Just because Avengers wasn't "dark and gritty" doesn't mean it wasn't quality or successful at their goal.

And keeping it real as far as COMIC BOOK movies go, and yes TDK WAS a COMIC BOOK movie, it was kinda subpar on that. Batman as a character was pretty weak and vapid. That movie was HEAVILY carried by Ledger's amazing performance as Joker. People say Marvel doesn't create good villains, well The Dark Knight didn't create a good hero.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Come on man, ya'll cats are trying to make these things out to be deeper than they are. The Dark Knight was STILL a grown man dressed in a Bat costume fighting crime and supervillians. They were BOTH (Avengers and TDK) great movies, but they had two entirely different goals. Just because Avengers wasn't "dark and gritty" doesn't mean it wasn't quality or successful at their goal.

And keeping it real as far as COMIC BOOK movies go, and yes TDK WAS a COMIC BOOK movie, it was kinda subpar on that. Batman as a character was pretty weak and vapid. That movie was HEAVILY carried by Ledger's amazing performance as Joker. People say Marvel doesn't create good villains, well The Dark Knight didn't create a good hero.

Bingo :salute:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Being "dark and gritty" had nothing to do with why TDK is a better movie than The Avengers.
And it goes beyond the amazing performance by Ledger too.
TDK was better written (yes I said written all you Goyer haters can suck a dikk), better acted all around, better directed, looked better and was a more fleshed out ambitious film than The Avengers.
Like I said...The Avengers was a good comic book movie but nobody was upset that it didn't get nominated for Best Picture. The Avengers was routinely coming in at around 1 or 2 on almost every major critics Top 10 lists in 2008. TDK was one of the best movies of the year that year. Its two different categories of filmmaking to be perfectly honest.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Being "dark and gritty" had nothing to do with why TDK is a better movie than The Avengers.
TDK was better written (yes I said written all you Goyer haters can suck a dikk), better acted all around, better directed, looked better and was a more fleshed out ambitious film than The Avengers.
Like I said...The Avengers was a good comic book movie but nobody was upset that it didn't get nominated for Best Picture. The Avengers was routinely coming in at around 1 or 2 on almost every major critics Top 10 lists in 2008. TDK was one of the best movies of the year that year. Its two different categories of filmmaking to be perfectly honest.

:snoop: Goyer didn't write the script for The Dark Knight or even The Dark Knight Rises. They were written by Christopher Nolan and his brother, Jonathan.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

Explain. With great detail please.

Because there was nothing groundbreaking about the TDK's story or plotline, so I fail to see where things were better written. Hell, I'll go as far to say Avengers did a MUCH better job of fleshing out ALL of its main characters and explaining why the stakes were so high. What made TDK stand out were the performances, which was mainly carried off the strength of Ledger.

And people only wanted TDK to get best picture because of Ledger's death and amazing performance winning that would have been an "ultimate feel good story". Anyone with any sort of common sense or logic KNEW it wasn't going to win Best Picture (and that's more of an indictment of the committee and their own biases).

And you keep saying they are two different categories of filmmaking.... my question is HOW? They are BOTH Comic Book movies. YES TDK had some "psychological thriller" elements to it, but it was really a supervillian causing fukkery. You are getting caught up in the mystique of Ledger's performance (which was superb btw) and trying to make this movie to be something deeper than Batman fighting the Joker.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Let's call a spade a spade here, ya'll.

I enjoyed the TDK trilogy too, but as far as being a comic book movie or actually capturing the essence of the Batman character or persona, they really did a subpar job. Baleman is almost nothing like Batman's actual character. And outside of TDK, the trilogy is just kind of average, Ledger's amazing performance boosted TDK to the stratosphere and that's evident by how BB and TDKR paled in comparison to TDK. Nolan directed ALL of those movies and they kept the same core cast through all of them, yet one of the 3 movies stands head to toe above the rest....

Let's be honest as to WHY that is.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Because there was nothing groundbreaking about the TDK's story or plotline, so I fail to see where things were better written. Hell, I'll go as far to say Avengers did a MUCH better job of fleshing out ALL of its main characters and explaining why the stakes were so high. What made TDK stand out were the performances, which was mainly carried off the strength of Ledger.

And people only wanted TDK to get best picture because of Ledger's death and amazing performance winning that would have been an "ultimate feel good story". Anyone with any sort of common sense or logic KNEW it wasn't going to win Best Picture (and that's more of an indictment of the committee and their own biases).

And you keep saying they are two different categories of filmmaking.... my question is HOW? They are BOTH Comic Book movies. YES TDK had some "psychological thriller" elements to it, but it was really a supervillian causing fukkery. You are getting caught up in the mystique of Ledger's performance (which was superb btw) and trying to make this movie to be something deeper than Batman fighting the Joker.
Theyre two different categories of filmmaking because tdk is A+ in everything in the film process.

Nolan makes beautiful films. Tdk is one of his crowning achievements. From just a visual stand point it is breath taking in parts.

Avengers looks amatuerish. Its ugly as sin. Theirs very little thought in how its made. Camera angles are sinfully ugly. It looks a made for tv film in many many parts.

You may think its "fun" but objectively tdk is a superior film.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Let's call a spade a spade here, ya'll.

I enjoyed the TDK trilogy too, but as far as being a comic book movie or actually capturing the essence of the Batman character or persona, they really did a subpar job. Baleman is almost nothing like Batman's actual character. And outside of TDK, the trilogy is just kind of average, Ledger's amazing performance boosted TDK to the stratosphere and that's evident by how BB and TDKR paled in comparison to TDK. Nolan directed ALL of those movies and they kept the same core cast through all of them, yet one of the 3 movies stands head to toe above the rest....

Let's be honest as to WHY that is.
:mjlol: Batman begins is one of, if not the best comic book origin movies ever made.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:snoop: Goyer didn't write the script for The Dark Knight or even The Dark Knight Rises. They were written by Christopher Nolan and his brother, Jonathan.
:what:Goyer co-wrote the story with Christopher Nolan and the Nolan Brothers co-wrote the screenplay.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I already did in my other post.
Look, if you can't admit that there are different levels to movie making and Avengers is on one level while TDK is on another then I can't help you and I damn sure am not going to waste time going around in circles with you about it.
You think The Avengers was better I disagree. Cool...do you, homie.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I already did in my other post.
Look, if you can't admit that there are different levels to movie making and Avengers is on one level while TDK is on another then I can't help you and I damn sure am not going to waste time going around in circles with you about it.
You think The Avengers was better I disagree. Cool...do you, homie.

Bruh all you said was "TDK was better written (yes I said written all you Goyer haters can suck a dikk), better acted all around, better directed, looked better and was a more fleshed out ambitious film than The Avengers"

EVERYTHING you said there is subjective and opinion. I'm not even saying I disagree with all of it, but you've said NOTHING factual there. Yes, TDK was considered one of the best movies of its year, but so was Avengers. They BOTH got raving reviews from every spectrum. What objective standards are you judging by that makes TDK a "superior" movie?