THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
will we ever see earthborn richard rider as "Super" Nova in power armor???

98_Nova.jpg
I think Sam Alexander is more in line with the tone of GotG.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
love "only god forgives" but think this movie is bland brehs :aicmon:

I'm not calling it bland, but you can hardly deny this seems to come from the same movie generator Thor 2 was spawned from.

Both villains are scheming to destroy worlds using infinity stones with no other goal in particular.

c7aad6a6fa8fdccd464647ddf9f6a788.jpg

Ronan-the-Accuser-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy.jpg

The bad guys' henchmen are all clad in black/metallic armor wearing masks that make them a nice faceless/indistinguishable army.

Yondu_set_picture.jpg

3435265-8128532832-movie.jpg

See also The Avengers:

3784799-5702289730-Chita.jpg

Both feature spaceship battles where the bad guy is trying to invade a planet and has to get through a yellow force field. Unfortunately no reference picture from GotG but I'm sure you remember the scene with all the Nova Corps ships interlocking. And from Thor 2:

Thor2_FilmClip_AttackOnAsgard_h264_hd.jpg

And the heroes not only have to deal with the bad guys (Malekith/Ronan) but also a thorn in their side who has a more personal and conflicted rivalry with the hero, sometimes helping him, sometimes betraying him.

jD0IEuc.jpg

Rooker_set_Yondu.jpg

But other than these examples, and the fact that the hero is joined by a merrily band of warriors, the bad guy's spaceship crashes into the ground, both heroes' mothers die and there only being one black man in either universe, they are entirely different movies whatsoever. :sas2:

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yeah, do they sell baby Groots? b/c that seems like an easy cash grab. just use that old flower with sunglasses technology

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I'm not calling it bland, but you can hardly deny this seems to come from the same movie generator Thor 2 was spawned from.

Both villains are scheming to destroy worlds using infinity stones with no other goal in particular.

c7aad6a6fa8fdccd464647ddf9f6a788.jpg

Ronan-the-Accuser-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy.jpg

The bad guys' henchmen are all clad in black/metallic armor wearing masks that make them a nice faceless/indistinguishable army.

Yondu_set_picture.jpg

3435265-8128532832-movie.jpg

See also The Avengers:

3784799-5702289730-Chita.jpg

Both feature spaceship battles where the bad guy is trying to invade a planet and has to get through a yellow force field. Unfortunately no reference picture from GotG but I'm sure you remember the scene with all the Nova Corps ships interlocking. And from Thor 2:

Thor2_FilmClip_AttackOnAsgard_h264_hd.jpg

And the heroes not only have to deal with the bad guys (Malekith/Ronan) but also a thorn in their side who has a more personal and conflicted rivalry with the hero, sometimes helping him, sometimes betraying him.

M_Id_394340_The_avengers_Loki.jpg

Rooker_set_Yondu.jpg

But other than these examples, and the fact that the hero is joined by a merrily band of warriors, the bad guy's spaceship crashes into the ground, both heroes' mothers die and there only being one black man in either universe, they are entirely different movies whatsoever. :sas2:
and yet with all that bullshyt u brought up (dudes really paying that much attention to the colors instead of the fukkin movie :what:) it was still 5 to 10x better than thor :heh:....clearly james gunn got right wat the other dude didnt and anybody who thinks ronan wasnt a better villain than malekith is on something....shyt i still got homeboys quoting wat he said to thanos when he got that infinity stone, cant say the same about wack ass malekith :russ:....i think u need to just watch them movies where gosling is a damn mute for an hour breh cuz u clearly dislike every blockbuster

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
not really, even Nas stans can admit he had a shytty album, and Iron Man 3 isnt one of the worst all times. Its one of the worst of the MCU but not of ALL movies lol :heh:

Stans do not admit their favorite rapper has a shytty album. If that was the case "Encore" would've bricked. If that was the case there wouldn't be heated debates about "IWW".

I also said I only like 3 MCU movies and said "TDK" is superior to every MCU movie....and still got called a stan.

So what is the logic behind that? Like I said, people are throwing around the term "stan" because they don't know how to argue their points.

Obviously I can name "The Room" or "Troll 2" or some other shyt that's 100x worse than "Iron Man 3", but that movie is easily one of the WOATs given the budget and talent involved.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
if i don't have three of those by October, someone is getting hurt

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I said it before and I'll say it again. Super hero movies that don't involve EARTH (which includes the obligatory, skyscraper destruction in the same big city, and the military) are much better. Thor and Thor 2 would've been 10 x better if they would've approached it like Guardians. Captain America works because of his role and his connection with SHIELD. Iron Man 2, and 3 weren't ass good because Stark is mostly solo so it's hard for them to be creative with legit villains especially since he's on earth the whole time. Hulk will never get a sequel because he doesn't have any enemies that wouldn't include the use of other Avengers.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
and yet with all that bullshyt u brought up (dudes really paying that much attention to the colors instead of the fukkin movie :what:) it was still 5 to 10x better than thor :heh:....clearly james gunn got right wat the other dude didnt and anybody who thinks ronan wasnt a better villain than malekith is on something....shyt i still got homeboys quoting wat he said to thanos when he got that infinity stone, cant say the same about wack ass malekith :russ:....i think u need to just watch them movies where gosling is a damn mute for an hour breh cuz u clearly dislike every blockbuster

It was better than Thor 2, because James Gunn has a more inspired vision than whoever it were that did Thor 2, and it's more entertaining, but you can clearly see they were made from the same template is all I'm saying.

And you can shyt on Only God Forgives a hundred times but it has nothing to do with this movie, or my opinion on it.