THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You were erroneously labeled a disney stan, there, are you ok now? Ya big baby :rudy:

What makes A LOT of these guys get the label is the following combo:

• hypebeasting over GOTG [star wars comparisons and shyt]
  • hypebeasting over winter soldier
  • ignoring faults in the vast majority of disney films, and calling out those same faults in other films
  • not being able to accept criticism for disney films [the entire villians thread]
  • predicting failure or lowering expectations of non disney superhero films, including X-men films
  • exadgerating the success of disney films in comparison to their peers [ie, how spiderman is like 5 of the top ten box office draw ever for comic flms]
  • being radically overexcited over small charactor disney films [antman] and being ho-hum over mega blockbusters for non disney films [Batman vs superman] or other tier-2 movies [sinister six, wonderwoman]
  • using double standards when talking about prior films [hulk is a success but green lantern is a failure. batman trilogy somehow doesn't count? No spiderman film has ever bombed...but none are good somehow?]
That combination of opinions which are seen reguarly, makes it clear someone is biased toward disney movies.

The fact that I, someone that has shyt on most of the MCU movies, that has said he only likes 3 out of the 10 released MCU movies....that said "TDK" is superior to every MCU movie....the fact that despite of all that, I could be labeled a stan of Marvel, let alone Disney in general, shows how fukking retarded your stan criteria is.

Instead of worrying about who is stanning what go check for something you enjoy. You dudes been arguing for 50 pages and neither side is any closer to it's goal than the other.

And "Hulk" made $263 mill on a $150 mill budget. "Green Lantern" made $219 mill on a $200 mill budget. So yes, one is a success and one is a failure. :what:

This is what I'm talking about though. If you don't have your basic facts straight of course everyone seems like a stan.

Fred.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The fact that I, someone that has shyt on most of the MCU movies, that has said he only likes 3 out of the 10 released MCU movies....that said "TDK" is superior to every MCU movie....the fact that despite of all that, I could be labeled a stan of Marvel, let alone Disney in general, shows how fukking retarded your stan criteria is.

Instead of worrying about who is stanning what go check for something you enjoy. You dudes been arguing for 50 pages and neither side is any closer to it's goal than the other.

And "Hulk" made $263 mill on a $150 mill budget. "Green Lantern" made $219 mill on a $200 mill budget. So yes, one is a success and one is a failure. :what:

This is what I'm talking about though. If you don't have your basic facts straight of course everyone seems like a stan.

Fred.
i just said you were erroneously labeled a disney stan. And i went on to clarify the given criteria...if doesn't apply to you, why are you so upset? And i'm not arguing that it does; but man you REALLY took that label to heart.

The Film room is reverting to Arcadium status on your watch by the way.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Fred.
Sorry to break it to you, but making 263 million on a 150 million budget is a failure.

Movies have to at LEAST double their budget before having a chance of becoming a success.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You were erroneously labeled a disney stan, there, are you ok now? Ya big baby :rudy:

What makes A LOT of these guys get the label is the following combo:

• hypebeasting over GOTG [star wars comparisons and shyt]
  • hypebeasting over winter soldier
  • ignoring faults in the vast majority of disney films, and calling out those same faults in other films
  • not being able to accept criticism for disney films [the entire villians thread]
  • predicting failure or lowering expectations of non disney superhero films, including X-men films
  • exadgerating the success of disney films in comparison to their peers [ie, how spiderman is like 5 of the top ten box office draw ever for comic flms]
  • being radically overexcited over small charactor disney films [antman] and being ho-hum over mega blockbusters for non disney films [Batman vs superman] or other tier-2 movies [sinister six, wonderwoman]
  • using double standards when talking about prior films [hulk is a success but green lantern is a failure. batman trilogy somehow doesn't count? No spiderman film has ever bombed...but none are good somehow?]
That combination of opinions which are seen reguarly, makes it clear someone is biased toward disney movies.
now what do we call the people that erroneously labeled other posters stans because they were bitter about the success and acclaim marvel movies were receiving?

:sas2:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
I think Starlord's dad is gonna be Starfox he's a eternal. Thanos brother, a womanizer,he looks human, and he would fit Gunn's humor :pachaha:
250px-SHEHULK006.jpg
starfox-avengers.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Here's an easy way to tell who is a Disney stan. If you come into a thread and say one of the Marvel movies was shytty and/or what they did that sucked, they label you as someone who is "mad at their success"

Meanwhile, most people actually like some of the Marvel movies like myself who enjoyed the first Iron Man, GotG and Winter Soldier.. See real people's opinions are going to vary from movie to movie..

:sas2:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think Starlord's dad is gonna be Starfox he's a eternal. Thanos brother, a womanizer,he looks human, and he would fit Gunn's humor :pachaha:
250px-SHEHULK006.jpg
starfox-avengers.jpg

:ohhh:

:russ: I can actually see that, that would also make Thanos Star-Lords uncle :mjlol:. An amalgamation of Star-Fox and J'son makes the most sense :ehh:. The Spartoi Empire can even sub for the Shi'ar empire. If they get Kevin Bacon to play him :dead:.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Or you can just see who raved about Iron Man 3. That's a dead giveaway. :mjlol:

I called "Ironman 3" one of the WOAT movies and still got called a Marvel/Disney/MCU/whatever the fukk stan. So that should be a big ass clue most people using that term have no idea what they're talking about.

Fred.