THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I called "Ironman 3" one of the WOAT movies and still got called a Marvel/Disney/MCU/whatever the fukk stan. So that should be a big ass clue most people using that term have no idea what they're talking about.

Fred.

Breh, I wasn't talking about you and it was a joke :laugh:

I do think Iron Man 3 was awful though :scusthov:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I wasn't talking about you and it was a joke :laugh:

I do think Iron Man 3 was awful though :scusthov:

Nah I didn't think you were talking about me. I'm just saying, the stan criteria is all over the place and is being used in place of logical arguments at this point.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finally saw it today and it was alright. It reminded me a lot of Thor 2, except this was made with more heart and soul. The villain was completely interchangeable though (like literally, him and Thor 2's villain could switch places and nothing would be different) and I retain my opinion from the trailers/clips that they made the Marvel Cosmos' population look terribly bland. Outside of the main characters, all the aliens were just people with make-up. Some in red make-up, some in blue make-up, some a bit more detailed because they have a few lines, but in the end, very limited. It might be a nitpick but it doesn't help the aesthetics weren't too diverse either. None of the settings stand out except for Knowhere's exterior , but once inside it's all grey drab again.

Also, I have no idea how Zoe Saldana was cast. Actually, I do, and acting skills certainly weren't a part of it. She botched so many of her scenes I genuinely think Megan Fox could've outdone her, and it didn't help that the chick that played Nebula outclassed her easily in all their scenes together. Then again, the Gamora and Drax portrayals were my least favorite parts of the movie. They are supposed to be the team's bad-asses, but both got weakened and dumbed down to near offensive levels.

In the end I didn't like that so much of it seemed to roll straight out of the Marvel Movie Generator, but luckily the movie still had enough going for it to make it a decent watch.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw it today and it was alright. It reminded me a lot of Thor 2, except this was made with more heart and soul. The villain was completely interchangeable though (like literally, him and Thor 2's villain could switch places and nothing would be different) and I retain my opinion from the trailers/clips that they made the Marvel Cosmos' population look terribly bland. Outside of the main characters, all the aliens were just people with make-up. Some in red make-up, some in blue make-up, some a bit more detailed because they have a few lines, but in the end, very limited. It might be a nitpick but it doesn't help the aesthetics weren't too diverse either. None of the settings stand out except for Knowhere's exterior , but once inside it's all grey drab again.

Also, I have no idea how Zoe Saldana was cast. Actually, I do, and acting skills certainly weren't a part of it. She botched so many of her scenes I genuinely think Megan Fox could've outdone her, and it didn't help that the chick that played Nebula outclassed her easily in all their scenes together. Then again, the Gamora and Drax portrayals were my least favorite parts of the movie. They are supposed to be the team's bad-asses, but both got weakened and dumbed down to near offensive levels.

In the end I didn't like that so much of it seemed to roll straight out of the Marvel Movie Generator, but luckily the movie still had enough going for it to make it a decent watch.
You jut sound like a unhappy individual

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

:wow:

you pointed out alot of constructive criticism for us :ehh:

so what did it have going for it then :sas1:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:wow:

you pointed out alot of constructive criticism for us :ehh:

so what did it have going for it then :sas1:

The rest of the main cast was perfect. Even if I don't like how they did Drax, Batista was more comfortable in the role than I expected but Rocket and Groot were as good as they needed to be and Chris Pratt nailed it. Dude carried the movie effortlessly.

The humor hit for the most part, except for any attempts to include Zoe Saldana in the jokes, and the prison break especially was pretty great with the characters feeding of each other for the first time while keeping the action going. While disappointed in how little they used the Nova Corps, I did like how they used them in a way that makes more sense in the universe (no Green Lantern-ish space cops, but an empire of their own), especially since Marvel Studios doesn't own the Skrulls or the Shi'ar. In the end it's a fun ride, a popcorn movie well-spent from beginning to end, even if it never manages to go beyond that.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The rest of the main cast was perfect. Even if I don't like how they did Drax, Batista was more comfortable in the role than I expected but Rocket and Groot were as good as they needed to be and Chris Pratt nailed it. Dude carried the movie effortlessly.

The humor hit for the most part, except for any attempts to include Zoe Saldana in the jokes, and the prison break especially was pretty great with the characters feeding of each other for the first time while keeping the action going. While disappointed in how little they used the Nova Corps, I did like how they used them in a way that makes more sense in the universe (no Green Lantern-ish space cops, but an empire of their own), especially since Marvel Studios doesn't own the Skrulls or the Shi'ar. In the end it's a fun ride, a popcorn movie well-spent from beginning to end, even if it never manages to go beyond that.

At the end of the day. They had a lot of new characters to specifically develop them right. They did good introducing the main hero's and establishing their own identity. Salanda's character wasn't supposed to be humorous which is why she didn't vibe with them on a comic level until deep into the movie. I'm sure if they did a movie that focused on the Nova Corps exclusively they would've gave more depth and detail.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I called "Ironman 3" one of the WOAT movies and still got called a Marvel/Disney/MCU/whatever the fukk stan. So that should be a big ass clue most people using that term have no idea what they're talking about.

Fred.
not really, even Nas stans can admit he had a shytty album, and Iron Man 3 isnt one of the worst all times. Its one of the worst of the MCU but not of ALL movies lol :heh:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just saw it today. I was one of the people that thought this movie would flop and be awful, but I was pleasantly surprised. Rocket killed it. Drax also had some fun moments "Nothing goes over MY head. My reflexes are too fast and I will catch it." "...and you green whore..." I'm probably gonna go see it again next week.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just saw it today. I was one of the people that thought this movie would flop and be awful, but I was pleasantly surprised. Rocket killed it. Drax also had some fun moments "Nothing goes over MY head. My reflexes are too fast and I will catch it." "...and you green whore..." I'm probably gonna go see it again next week.

That might actually be my least favorite moment of the movie, I'm not trying to be mr. feminist here but that shyt was unnecessary and uncalled for. That line about things going over his head was hilarious though.

I agree with him about Zoe Saldana in this movie. I'm usually a fan but she just didn't deliver in this role.

Normally I like her as well but somehow she just completely mishandled this shyt.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
That might actually be my least favorite moment of the movie, I'm not trying to be mr. feminist here but that shyt was unnecessary and uncalled for. That line about things going over his head was hilarious though.
I think the reason for the derogatory term is due to her association with Thanos and Ronnin. Although she may have redeemed herself, she still assisted with the murdering of innocent people, directly or indirectly. So of course, he's gonna call her something derogatory.