The Official Mandalorian - Season 3 Thread

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Episodes like this one make me want live action Clone Wars, Rebels... Episodes 1-3 :troll:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
why go into hiding at all? seem like the only lost 10 jedi during order 66 at this point.
mace and his dudes, plo koon :mjpls:and them 4 or 5 generals in the betrayal montage.
thats like 10 losses and everybody somehow made it out.
There were survivors, but it really was a relatively small number. This is a list of all known survivors so far from movies, video games, tv and comics

That's about 40 people that survived the initial Order 66 command, and only like a dozen were masters. That may seem like a lot, but there were hundreds, maybe 1,000+ of them in the galaxy at the time. Say there were 1,000....that's only a 4% survival rate. Any species with 96% of the population wiped out is going to be classified as critically endangered. And all those survivors were scattered across the galaxy at Order 66, so without being able to locate at the central hub of the jedi temple they wouldn't even know where each of the survivors were to coordinate a mission of a handful against a military force of untold numbers and resources.

And that 40 was only those that survived INITIALLY. By the time a rebellion had formed and collected enough people and resources to even put forth a puncher's chance effort against the Empire the majority of those had either been hunted and killed by Vader or other empire forces, turned to the darkside/became Inquisitors, or just retired for good.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
They seem to be also exploring cloning of force sensitive beings. The episode before this last one brought the doctor back that was helping Gideon detect "M counts" in DNA samples. Overall I think the main goal is to really flesh out Mandalorian culture more through Grogu and Bo Katan being indoctrinated into the tribe
True, but its done real lazily. We already know Bo Katan is plotting for the throne the moment she didnt tell mando about the mythosaur since ep 2, however I dont see how the last ep brings her closer to that. Shes not trying to win the dark saber back atm or rallying anyone to go to mandalore or even scheming behind mando’s back. Its cool to learn about the culture but its not really providing a purpose to the overall plot.

Its possible this could change so im not gonna judge the whole season yet, but this episode wasnt executed that well.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I like the characters and action enough that I can pretty much just enjoy the ride and these one-off adventures each ep…I only had an issue with ep 3 cuz I didn’t like the idea of spending almost an entire episode on a minor character just to essentially “kill” him off (unless it’s possible for him to recover from a mind wipe)…but it is difficult to ascertain what’s the driving point for them at this point/season
I dont mind one-offs either but at least in season 1 and 2 they were done with an overall purpose to help Mando get closer to finding Grogu a Jedi.

At this point in time its a bit of a drag as its not clear how these-one offs are connected or are needed.

I know they are trying to reboot the Stars Wars timeline with the mandolorian series and expand on it, as its seems the be the only show a lot of fans watch, but it can be eye rolling at times if it doesnt tie in correctly/smoothly.

Ep 3 couldve provided info for what the empire was planning to do with mandalore, ep4 could give information on how to tame the mythosaur. Things like that to keep it relevant.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont mind one-offs either but at least in season 1 and 2 they were done with an overall purpose to help Mando get closer to finding Grogu a Jedi.

At this point in time its a bit of a drag as its not clear how these-one offs are connected or are needed.

I know they are trying to reboot the Stars Wars timeline with the mandolorian series and expand on it, as its seems the be the only show a lot of fans watch, but it can be eye rolling at times if it doesnt tie in correctly/smoothly.

Ep 3 couldve provided info for what the empire was planning to do with mandalore, ep4 could give information on how to tame the mythosaur. Things like that to keep it relevant.

I agree with you wholeheartedly especially at the bold…what also made the first 2 seasons easier for me to view/enjoy was I was able to watch them at my pace (much faster) since all the episodes were already out…the episodes can be really short too so watching a 30 minute ep that felt like filler and then having to wait a week or two (maybe longer) to see where/how it’ll fit into the story can be a bit “agonizing” now that I’m caught up

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
True, but its done real lazily. We already know Bo Katan is plotting for the throne the moment she didnt tell mando about the mythosaur since ep 2, however I dont see how the last ep brings her closer to that. Shes not trying to win the dark saber back atm or rallying anyone to go to mandalore or even scheming behind mando’s back. Its cool to learn about the culture but its not really providing a purpose to the overall plot.

Its possible this could change so im not gonna judge the whole season yet, but this episode wasnt executed that well.
I think she's having a change of heart. I think seeing the mythosaur is making her realize that Mando and his tribe of mandolorians aren't the over zealous religious freaks she wrote them off to be. Her tribe left her in the castle and took to space to be mercenaries without her. All she has now is Mando, Grogu and the tribe

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
"Gorian Shard. I knew that Corsair looked familiar." Sounded like "coarse hair" to me. :mjpls:

After episode 3's "it was a trap!" we get "He shot first." :skip:

I been liking Joseph Shirley's score this season. He took over for Ludwig and is basically the Harry Gregson-Williams (my favorite composer) to his Hans Zimmer. You could hear the pirate flavor before "The Pirate" title card hit. That was flawlessly executed. :ehh:

I actually did the
leonardo-dicaprio-rick-dalton.gif

When I peeped Zeb Orrelios :gladbron:

You need to clear out, Blue fore u get eaten by a sea monster. You talking real close to that shore. :lolbron:

Gorian Shard going out sad like the Captain in Titanic. :flabbynsick::scust:

saved-titanic.gif

There was definitely a Brehndalorian under one of those beskar helmets. :myman:

The Armorer switching up. Ain't believe in Bo-Katan before. Now she believes she's the one to unite their people and take Mandalore. Now she gone back Bo over Din even tho he has the darksaber? :mjtf:

ok-alright.gif

The reluctant hero (Din) is always more compelling and better to root for. So I look forward to that eventual clash.

Bo can take her helmet off and walk both ways just like that. :jbhmm: Sorry, Din. You grandfathered in. :sas2:

Foreshadowing Grogu being able to walk both ways of the Jedi and Mandalore. And that, I am not for. Din's line from last week about him being too young to speak the creed and too young to wear a helmet definitely means he'll have the choice of not wearing one. I don't need him to wear a helmet but come on, it would be dope to see him with one on. I think Grogu as a Mandalorian is much more compelling than a Jedi. We've seen that movie before. Let him use his force abilities with the Mandalorian mindset and the now Bo-Katan precedent of rocking the helmet if he chooses to. That's what I wanna see. :manny:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
New Republic ain't trying to help, unless you paying dues :sas1:

They don't even know that Moff Gideon escaped and didn't stand trial :why:

Mandalorians to the rescue, got those pirates out there with the quickness :wow: . I thought they would be happy with getting out the carves and Din securing new land for them, but the Armorer ready to take back Mandalore :patrice:and gave Bo the helmet pass.