The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
T

If I were living there and had never been to LA before It really would not be that bad at all. But once you live in LA and try and live anywhere else it really is noticeable. Sometimes its as simple as driving past a shop thats closed at 6pm on a friday. It reminds you that you are in a regular city and no longer in a supermetropolis.

LA nightlife and business shuts down far sooner than say NYC or Miami.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you are both right and wrong.. Las Vegas Strip and McCarren Airport are technically Paradise, Nevada.. but its not really a city.. its called an "unincorporated town" basically governed by its own county/laws (pretty much a loop hole for vegas to be set up). But if you are flying into McCarren Airport which is technically Paradise, Nevada - its still classified as Las Vegas (LAS for airport code/flights)

Unincorporated towns in Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its because of how the hotels are set up (revenue sharing with the city)

dont quote me on this but with the loop hole I think the hotels only have to share revenue with what is classified as "Paradise, Nevada" (200,000 residents) instead of the entire city of Las Vegas (600,000 population).

Probably some crooked politician set it up this way to line their pockets from the hotels :manny:
all im saying is the strip aint in Las Vegas, i think you agree that that is an irrefutable fact.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
all im saying is the strip aint in Las Vegas, i think you agree that that is an irrefutable fact.
Paradise, Nevada is part of Las Vegas as an incorporated town.. McCarren Airport is in Paradise, Nevada. You cant fly into Paradise, Nevada. You fly into Las Vegas.

if you google search "flights into paradise, Nevada" it will show Las Vegas, NV as the destination.

You arent wrong - but you arent right either. The Strip is Las Vegas, its just its own section because it governs itself and is named Paradise, Nevada.

Its kind of like San Francisco airport (SFO ) is not "technically" in San Francisco.. its in San Mateo county but in an unincorporated area between both actually. So you are still flying into San Francisco, even though its not an actual area of San Francisco..

basically, what im saying is, try to book a flight to Paradise, Nevada. You cant. Because its not a real city outside of it being classified on some maps. It still shares the same area code as Las Vegas (702)

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Not talking about those places. NYC is also supermetropolis. Miami is not, but its a tourist trap akin to Vegas so they close late as well.

LA nightlife doesn't actually end tho... its simply different. It becomes more exclusive past a certain point because the casual partiers go home cause they have work the next day while the socialites push to different spots cause they are at work.

I've done shows personally where its like 4am and still packed.
And then I've been at places that look like a warehouse on the outside but its basically studio 54 on the inside.

IDK what the kids are doing now, but I imagine that still goes on.

The prissy college hoes leave clubs around 1 or 2 and head to sushi spots with bars and other weird indie cofee spots that are basically also bars by the way. Or they go back to a party house if they don't want to go home.

Can't really stop drunk hoes from partying all night in a place like LA. They just end up doing stupid shyt like impromptu bonfires on the beach.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
LA nightlife doesn't actually end tho... its simply different. It becomes more exclusive past a certain point because the casual partiers go home cause they have work the next day while the socialites push to different spots cause they are at work.

Yes, after hours exist in every city.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Not talking about those places. NYC is also supermetropolis. Miami is not, but its a tourist trap akin to Vegas so they close late as well.

I've done shows personally where its like 4am and still packed.
And then I've been at places that look like a warehouse on the outside but its basically studio 54 on the inside.

IDK what the kids are doing now, but I imagine that still goes on.

The prissy college hoes leave clubs around 1 or 2 and head to sushi spots with bars and other weird indie cofee spots that are basically also bars by the way. Or they go back to a party house if they don't want to go home.

Can't really stop drunk hoes from partying all night in a place like LA. They just end up doing stupid shyt like impromptu bonfires on the beach.

a lot of people dont know that legally a lot of venues (yes the ones that close at 2 am) in California can stay open til 4-6 am. They just choose not to because in California we have to stop serving alcohol at 2 am so it doesnt make much business sense to keep the venue open past then. High risk of fights from people drunk + not getting a return on any sales outside of redbulls/water..

but lately though (the past 6 months) a lot of venues have been choosing to stay open til 3:30-4 am in California because if it closes at 2 am most people will not pay general admission after 1. But if the venue stays open another 2-3 hours, they'll pay at 1-2:30 am still. Basically they can squeeze another 2-3k at the door between 1-2:30 am if done right.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf

Not every city... :dead:
I been to cities where teenagers are chilling in the Best Buy parking lot cause its open til 10pm. They had all their cars arranged tailgate style and the cops and best buy security just let them cause thats just what it is.

Sad stuff.

Then there are towns where they don't have poles for the streetlights... just a rope going across the street with the stoplight hanging from it.
Those places don't got shyt going on past sundown.

:huhldup:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
LA is the most "livable" city IMO.

- you can have backyards and open space....
- world class restaurants
- authentic ethnic food and cultures
- unbeatable live music scene
- A1 weather
- diversity
- not as dirty as NYC
- great universities

..it's probably why professional athletes from every sport have a house here....

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
a lot of people dont know that legally a lot of venues (yes the ones that close at 2 am) in California can stay open til 4-6 am. They just choose not to because in California we have to stop serving alcohol at 2 am so it doesnt make much business sense to keep the venue open past then. High risk of fights from people drunk + not getting a return on any sales outside of redbulls/water..

but lately though (the past 6 months) a lot of venues have been choosing to stay open til 3:30-4 am in California because if it closes at 2 am most people will not pay general admission after 1. But if the venue stays open another 2-3 hours, they'll pay at 1-2:30 am still. Basically they can squeeze another 2-3k at the door between 1-2:30 am if done right.

Yeah, they have no obligation to close. The ones that do are the very public ones.
The type of person that needs to party to 4 and 5am doesnt bother with those, they go off to the actual scene ones like I said. The studio 54 type joints where they are blazing and doing lines and serving drinks with no menu.

Sithlord Piff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
As an outsider, If I were to pick a place to live in the States, i'd say somewhere like Portland or Salt Lake City look more appealing. :ehh:

Leave:

LA for showbiz
NY for business
Miami for sex
Vegas for fukkery

Also, anywhere within the DMV or below the Mason-Dixon line can get the :camby:
Actually most people who've lived in Vegas for awhile avoid the strip like the plague...no real fukkery goin on with all them nice neighborhoods with the tract homes

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paradise, Nevada is part of Las Vegas as an incorporated town.. FALSE.McCarren Airport is in Paradise, Nevada. You cant fly into Paradise, Nevada. You fly into Las Vegas.

if you google search "flights into paradise, Nevada" it will show Las Vegas, NV as the destination.

You arent wrong - but you arent right either. The Strip is Las Vegas, its just its own section because it governs itself and is named Paradise, Nevada.

Its kind of like San Francisco airport (SFO ) is not "technically" in San Francisco.. its in San Mateo but in an unincorporated area between both actually..
i think your making a grey area where there isn't one. SF as a city and a county has clearly defined boundaries on the peninsula. the airport is outside of those boundaries. just because they call the airport SFO doesnt change that.

you stated that paridise is part of las vegas, that is false. it is unincorporated town in Clark county, all if it is outside the the boundaries of the city of LV. once again. "the strip" is NOT in Las vegas and its not a grey area

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC

we have afterhours spots (especially in K town) where you can drink anytime....

there is too much real estate in LA to actually enforce rules and laws efficiently. they shut down one spot...two more pop up in another area.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paradise, Nevada is part of Las Vegas as an incorporated town.. McCarren Airport is in Paradise, Nevada. You cant fly into Paradise, Nevada. You fly into Las Vegas.

Its kind of like San Francisco airport (SFO ) is not "technically" in San Francisco.. its in San Mateo county but in an unincorporated area between both actually. So you are still flying into San Francisco, even though its not an actual area of San Francisco..

basically, what im saying is, try to book a flight to Paradise, Nevada. You cant. Because its not a real city outside of it being classified on some maps. It still shares the same area code as Las Vegas (702)
I can book a flight directly to paradise. mccarren is in paradise.