The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
If you move to LA I hope it's for business purposes cuz people move there for the weather and vibe etc but fail to factor in cost of living and population. So if it's for the weather you better off in Arizona, NM, Texas

Last edited:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
As an outsider, If I were to pick a place to live in the States, i'd say somewhere like Portland or Salt Lake City look more appealing. :ehh:

Leave:

LA for showbiz
NY for business
Miami for sex
Vegas for fukkery

Also, anywhere within the DMV or below the Mason-Dixon line can get the :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you move to LA I hope it's for business purposes cuz people move there for the weather and vibe etc but fail to factor in cost of living and population. So if it's for the weather you better off in Arizona, NM, Texas
better off in 110 degrees 6 months out the year?:scust:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Besides the weather, LA is garbage

The fukk are you talking about? I lived in Vegas 4 years, that's not remotely true :russ:
your response is quite obnoxious for someone with wrong information

the strip is located in Paradise Nevada and Winchester Nevada, check your facts

you are both right and wrong.. Las Vegas Strip and McCarren Airport are technically Paradise, Nevada.. but its not really a city.. its called an "unincorporated town" basically governed by its own county/laws (pretty much a loop hole for vegas to be set up). But if you are flying into McCarren Airport which is technically Paradise, Nevada - its still classified as Las Vegas (LAS for airport code/flights)

Unincorporated towns in Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its because of how the hotels are set up (revenue sharing with the city)

dont quote me on this but with the loop hole I think the hotels only have to share revenue with what is classified as "Paradise, Nevada" (200,000 residents) instead of the entire city of Las Vegas (600,000 population).

Probably some crooked politician set it up this way to line their pockets from the hotels :manny:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
The only place I want to go in the US still is Hawaii. Never been :mjcry:

But I have been to 43 states and so far its the single best place I have come across overall. There are more scenic and beautiful places in rural states like Oregon and Colorado... and more wild places like Vegas... but I wouldn't want to live there.

If I were living there and had never been to LA before It really would not be that bad at all. But once you live in LA and try and live anywhere else it really is noticeable. Sometimes its as simple as driving past a shop thats closed at 6pm on a friday. It reminds you that you are in a regular city and no longer in a supermetropolis.
:francis:

I'm pretty sure living in a city period is bad for you from a health perspective tho.:yeshrug: