The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
There's a day party at Penthouse in West Hollywood on Sundays that looked poppin from the outside. I was walking up Robertson and saw a fleet of BMW i8s and a sidewalk full of thots waiting to get in

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Are there any mainly black sections in Venice or Pasadena? Me and my girl liked it there

I used to live in Pasadena and really they pushed almost all the black folks out; and really it's just white and asian and mexican. The black section is fair oaks and washington to washington and lake; lake and mountain to mountain and fair oaks.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...16.08z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x80437f2d5428cf39

For venice; that area is really just mexican and white; but the small black area is the Oakwood area .

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...2!3m1!1s0x80c2bac1c85d1bff:0x2a4ec289362c76c6

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to live in Pasadena and really they pushed almost all the black folks out; and really it's just white and asian and mexican. The black section is fair oaks and washington to washington and lake; lake and mountain to mountain and fair oaks.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Robinson Park/@34.1664178,-118.1446786,16.08z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x80437f2d5428cf39

For venice; that area is really just mexican and white; but the small black area is the Oakwood area .

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oakwood Community Center/@33.9965972,-118.4653835,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2bac1c85d1bff:0x2a4ec289362c76c6

Venice area called Oakwood used to be referred to as Harlem west, but gentrification happened

there's still a few black folks there

Did a quick google search for Oakwood and the third result was about Venice shore line crips and a gang related shooting back in April :lupe:

Are we talking a couple blocks of poverty amongst the wealthy or is this a total no fly zone?

We might just have to stick with the Baldwin Hills/Ladera heights areas y'all mentioned before

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Did a quick google search for Oakwood and the third result was about Venice shore line crips and a gang related shooting back in April :lupe:

Are we talking a couple blocks of poverty amongst the wealthy or is this a total no fly zone?

We might just have to stick with the Baldwin Hills/Ladera heights areas y'all mentioned before
Couple blocks poverty

you won't be able to afford Venice tho bro, unless you ballin

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Are there any mainly black sections in Venice or Pasadena? Me and my girl liked it there
West l.a has a lot of friends of African descent but venice? Sadly the blackest parts of Venice Beach are controlled by gang members That act aggressive toward individuals that aren't from there.

Pasadena has seen a flight of friends of African descent due to the price of houses. Mainly friends that are renting. these individuals now live in the Lancaster area. The black population in l.a is very fragmented outside of Inglewood, long beach and sections of South l.a

The 2 areas you mentioned are not black areas but there are black people there, fragmented

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
West l.a has a lot of friends of African descent but venice? Sadly the blackest parts of Venice Beach are controlled by gang members That act aggressive toward individuals that aren't from there.

Pasadena has seen a flight of friends of African descent due to the price of houses. Mainly friends that are renting. these individuals now live in the Lancaster area. The black population in l.a is very fragmented outside of Inglewood, long beach and sections of South l.a

The 2 areas you mentioned are not black areas but there are black people there, fragmented

I made a brief visit in Lancaster shyt was deeeeep. Getting back to the Hollywood area felt like 2 hours although I'm sure it was less than that.

My girl works in the industry so we would have to be close to hollywood/all the studios but she's not high up yet so we got to look into affordable areas. That being said, we live in NY...we know about high ass rent and its been a while since either of us have lived in a predominately black neighborhood...we just aint tryna really live in an area where blacks are dead last in diversity percentages. I'm thinking we should be ok tho with 2 streams of income :ld:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I made a brief visit in Lancaster shyt was deeeeep. Getting back to the Hollywood area felt like 2 hours although I'm sure it was less than that.

My girl works in the industry so we would have to be close to hollywood/all the studios but she's not high up yet so we got to look into affordable areas. That being said, we live in NY...we know about high ass rent and its been a while since either of us have lived in a predominately black neighborhood...we just aint tryna really live in an area where blacks are dead last in diversity percentages. I'm thinking we should be ok tho with 2 streams of income :ld:
I have a 6 figure income friend no brag and I don't even want to buy a house here. I have to spend half a million minimum to have the kind of home I want for my family And I have to search hard to find it at that price.

Lancaster is even more of a desert then l.a county. Literally near the death valley. The heat out there Is incredible. With dual income you can rent a very nice place or live 45 or more minutes outside the city to get more for your buck if you choose to buy a house but la county is seeing a flight of friends of African descent so if you wanna be somewhere deep with friends youll be closer to the city or way away from it.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

The venice area is just a couple of blocks; but it's not really beat down and venice is different in the night time. The black area in pasadena is a blood area (Pasadena Denver Lanes) and if I had my option I would just stick in the Baldwin hills/ladera area. At least your will be in a good black area and around people who mind their own business.

I live about 5 mins away from ladera and the places are nice and don't come to LA wearing that weak Yankees gear :wtb:.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps

:patrice:

U trying to live in the hood man?

Oak wood in Venice is black but it's the hood.

Pasadena likewise has some black areas, but again, they are gang infested hood areas.

Live where the whites live :blessed:

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:

U trying to live in the hood man?

Oak wood in Venice is black but it's the hood.

Pasadena likewise has some black areas, but again, they are gang infested hood areas.

Live where the whites live :blessed:

We saw a good amount of black ppl in Venice and Pasadena thats why i asked initially. I guess Black ppl just visit there often? :ld:

We rode thru ladera heights the other day. We fukk with it so thats probably number one on our list right now. The only thing is we didnt see a lot of apartment complexes...we aint ride around long but it still seem like it was nothing but houses. Not trying to rent a whole house. Aint much on westside rentals for ladera either

As far as white areas...toluca lake/noho cool...my girl like weho but I aint tryna be near all them gay white dudes (no disrespect to anyone). I dont mind living with whites because its not like u can really ever avoid them but i just aint trying to live in an ALL white area.

Also, whats up with these concerts and movies in the cemeteries? :why::mindblown::demonic: