GiGi

Slaying Bed Bucks™ since 1981
Daps
Reppin
SoCal and AZ
I'm hearing whites are moving in South Central, Inglewood, and Compton.:wtf:

Coli posters from L.A. is this true?:lupe:

Yes, it is.

Compton and Inglewood used to be "white" cities. Inglewood was actually a "sundown town", a stronghold for the Klan and had a "no blacks" policy. And when you look at photos from Compton in the 1960s it was predominantly white (i.e. Kevin Costner is from Compton)

White people are moving back into the neighborhoods that have homes with beautiful architecture. In South LA they are moving into the areas that have the craftsmen style bungalows from the 1910s and the Spanish revival bungalows from the 1920s-30s.

Whites are also moving back into Ladera Heights and other wealthy black enclaves.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2010/...roof_pissing_off_ladera_heights_neighbors.php

Daps
Yo..I have always wanted to know this.

How exactly does gentrification happen? Like is it a conscious and deliberate action With some real estate heavy heads getting together ob some deliberate and malicious way and saying "this is the neighborhood that were taking over now"..

Or is it more of a snowball effect where one real estate developer or company buys a piece of property and the others peep it and say "you know what, perhaps we should get there too in order to stay on competition"?

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
resized_CN4zO.jpg

main_large.jpg

2.jpg
:what: is he touching that old lady's titty in that first picture???

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I hope not. Some of my best memories are in Long Beach and Pasadena/Altadena

shyt makes me sicc, black people cant even have neighborhoods to ourself :why:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yes, it is.

Compton and Inglewood used to be "white" cities. Inglewood was actually a "sundown town", a stronghold for the Klan and had a "no blacks" policy. And when you look at photos from Compton in the 1960s it was predominantly white (i.e. Kevin Costner is from Compton)

White people are moving back into the neighborhoods that have homes with beautiful architecture. In South LA they are moving into the areas that have the craftsmen style bungalows from the 1910s and the Spanish revival bungalows from the 1920s-30s.

Whites are also moving back into Ladera Heights and other wealthy black enclaves.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2010/...roof_pissing_off_ladera_heights_neighbors.php
same thing that happened in NYC

alot of the "black" neighborhoods in NYC were Jewish or Italian and now the great-/grandchildren of those who fled those neighborhoods are going back

emoney

custom user title
Daps

How exactly does gentrification happen? Like is it a conscious and deliberate action With some real estate heavy heads getting together ob some deliberate and malicious way and saying "this is the neighborhood that were taking over now"..

Or is it more of a snowball effect where one real estate developer or company buys a piece of property and the others peep it and say "you know what, perhaps we should get there too in order to stay on competition"?

probably a combo of the two scenarios you presented

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

I've always wondered this too. Do the people who live there just get priced out or what?