The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I never said Seattle was "all that". It has a denser downtown than LA does, as I stated in my post.

Peter-West-Carey-Seattle2012-0908-6437-15.jpg

Downtown_Los_Angeles_skyline.jpg

LA has "holes" in it's skyline. Big empty gaps. It's skyline is SPRAWLED and lacks density unlike Chicago, NY, Seattle and San Fran. This is why they are going to be building skyscarpers downtown, because the skyline is underwhelming for a city of that size. That's not "hating" - that's a fact that their building skyscrapers to increase vertical density so that LA.
:russ:....you're a fukking hater son....sad as fukk....

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It'll be interesting seeing skyscrapers being built in LA. The skyline there is extremely underwhelming, especially for a city that large. Hope they built either sleek, modern towers or traditional brick ones and not a bunch of condos like Miami.
Bare in mind there was a height restriction in LA until like the 1930's because they didn't know how to build earthquake proof tall buildings at the time. And like complete idiots they tore out the red/yellow trolley cars and built freeways and promoted suburbia lifestyle instead. LA would've been on par with NY and London with public transportation but blew it. But now shyt is switching. The sprawl is filled out and the city is building vertical into the sky and metro train lines are being built like crazy.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I never said Seattle was "all that". It has a denser downtown than LA does, as I stated in my post.

Peter-West-Carey-Seattle2012-0908-6437-15.jpg

Downtown_Los_Angeles_skyline.jpg

LA has "holes" in it's skyline. Big empty gaps. It's skyline is SPRAWLED and lacks density unlike Chicago, NY, Seattle and San Fran. This is why they are going to be building skyscarpers downtown, because the skyline is underwhelming for a city of that size. That's not "hating" - that's a fact that their building skyscrapers to increase vertical density so that LA.
This is a west to east pic but it looks completely different from south facing north

But these far away pics don't do it justice but ground-street level DTLA is off the chain with bars, restaurants, lounges, new condos/apts, Staples, Arts District, Little Toyko, etc. NY, Chicago, SF will have the edge of course but the tall buildings are coming.

Plus you have other downtown type areas in LA as well..

Century City
Century City
hollywood-hills-view-of-century-city-los-angeles-california-usa-a03rw7.jpg
la-fi-century-city-sale-20150611

Wilshire Corridor
aerial-view-of-a-city-wilshire-corridor-los-angeles-california-usa-picture-id157861844

Long Beach
348s.jpg

Last edited:

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
Bare in mind there was a height restriction in LA until like the 1930's because they didn't know how to build earthquake proof tall buildings at the time. And like complete idiots they tore out the red/yellow trolley cars and built freeways and promoted suburbia lifestyle instead. LA would've been on par with NY and London with public transportation but blew it. But now shyt is switching. The sprawl is filled out and the city is building vertical into the sky and metro train lines are being built like crazy.

I was going pretty of hard on LA in my earlier posts but it really is a dope city.

It's skyline isn't dense but it's a west coast city and density is really an East Coast attribute.

DTLA has always felt "empty" to me, so I think adding some skyscrapers would help it feel and look more full/busy.

The original trolley tracks are still there I think, just under the street gravel. Imagine a Trolley right near Venice Beach :wow: Biggest mistake the city planners made was getting rid of the original pub. Transportation model. Think of how much that would've helped traffic :francis:

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
I'm about to cop an all Black Wrangler. Finna ride down Sunset with the Top Off while my homeboy drives with Can't Have Everything blasting on some extra ignorant ish

91e2c35f.jpg

Young nikka with some means just enjoying this Cali lifestyle. :yeshrug:

Then when the sun starts setting you gotta cruise to some Cube :blessed:

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I was going pretty of hard on LA in my earlier posts but it really is a dope city.

It's skyline isn't dense but it's a west coast city and density is really an East Coast attribute.

DTLA has always felt "empty" to me, so I think adding some skyscrapers would help it feel and look more full/busy.

The original trolley tracks are still there I think, just under the street gravel. Imagine a Trolley right near Venice Beach :wow: Biggest mistake the city planners made was getting rid of the original pub. Transportation model. Think of how much that would've helped traffic :francis:

Downtown LA is the shyt now breh outside of Skid Row. That empty feeling is basically gone if you've been down there recently. I stay over in the Arts District/Little Tokyo and it's always popping over there.

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
Downtown LA is the shyt now breh outside of Skid Row. That empty feeling is basically gone if you've been down there recently. I stay over in the Arts District/Little Tokyo and it's always popping over there.

Word? :ohhh: DTLA has always had the potential, I'm glad people are starting to realize that and actually go down there :mjlol:

Arts District has always been dope to me, always had that "up and coming" lively vibe :banderas:

Home_03h.jpg

50008b342717a.image.jpg

la-et-cam-dtla-development-pushes-artists-out-arts-district-20151202