The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Not in the literal "below 32 degree" definition of freezing, but 68 degrees is cold for water temperatures. The human body can comfortably be in any the water temperature range of 78 to 85 degrees. Anything below 70 is cold.

CWS_thermometer.png

By the way, 68 degrees of ocean water is not the same as 68 degree air temperatures. Water has a significantly higher Heat Transfer Coefficient and absorbs the heat out of your very body quickly, thus making you feel cold. Whether or not you perceive it to be cold is irrelevant - it's cold by it's own definition.

What? Water density nor water temperatures of the Pacific Ocean has anything to do with drowning. This is clearly getting too overwhelming for you. Step away from the keyboard and call it a day.
You're the clown who wrote "freezing beaches"....are you still gonna stand by that bullshyt??....:russ:...

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
You're the clown who wrote "freezing beaches"....are you still gonna stand by that bullshyt??....:russ:...

Yes. Do you understand that Southern California ocean temperatures are 68 degrees during the summer? They reach anywhere from 50 to 60 degrees year round. That is dangerously cold and can cause Hypothermia and Cold Shock, both of which cause involuntary hyperventilation and can kill you. The water in Southern California, especially during the winter, can feel like it's literally of freezing temperature, especially given the high density of the Pacific Ocean which causes the temperature to lower even more. That's the nature of water and bodily heat transferring.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Yes. Do you understand that Southern California ocean temperatures are 68 degrees during the summer? They reach anywhere from 50 to 60 degrees year round. That is dangerously cold and can cause Hypothermia and Cold Shock, both of which cause involuntary hyperventilation and can kill you. The water in Southern California, especially during the winter, can feel like it's literally of freezing temperature, especially given the high density of the Pacific Ocean which causes the temperature to lower even more. That's the nature of water and bodily heat transferring.
"Freezing beaches".....:laff::laff::laff:......have you ever even been to California??.....

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
"Freezing beaches".....:laff::laff::laff:......have you ever even been to California??.....

Scientifically he is actually right. The beaches in Southern California in the winter are rather "cold" in comparison to other places in the world. That is one of the complaints i hear my "mates" say from kiwi and Australia, the beaches or the water in southern California is rather cold. I went to Santa Monica yesterday during the Marathon it was definitely "cold" by any standards. However in the summer months which i believe it is July and August it is very different.

Last edited:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Scientifically he is actually right. The beaches in Southern California in the winter are rather "cold" in comparison to other places in the world. That is one of the complaints i hear my "mates" say from kiwi and Australia, the beaches or the water in southern California is rather cold. I went to Santa Monica yesterday during the Marathon it was definitely "cold" by any standards. However in the summer must which i believe it is July and August it is very different.
He said 'freezing beaches"....the water is not that fukking cold....I've been to Perth and Sydney and yes the water is warmer....but when some clown talks out his ass who has never even been to So Cal I don't hold their opinion in high regards...:manny:....

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
He said 'freezing beaches"....the water is not that fukking cold....I've been to Perth and Sydney and yes the water is warmer....but when some clown talks out his ass who has never even been to So Cal I don't hold their opinion in high regards...:manny:....

C'mon bruh... :comeon:

Obviously he's not saying it's Antarctica freezing. The point is the shyt is cold. Just let it go...

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
C'mon bruh... :comeon:

Obviously he's not saying it's Antarctica freezing. The point is the shyt is cold. Just let it go...
The clown said "freezing beaches" and has never stepped foot in CA in his life....he claimed people put on wet suits just to swim at the beaches here....that is all bullshyt....now you want to keep this going or what??...

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
my grandma live in this area:snoop:

South Vermont Avenue: L.A. County's 'death alley' - The Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times

detective calls it “death alley.” The two miles of South Vermont Avenue that stretch north from Imperial Highway are home to churches, liquor stores, mortuaries and one of the highest rates of homicide in L.A. County.

Sixty people have been killed along this corridor since 2007, most shot to death.

The violence, which seems never-ending, landed at Angela Hawkins’ doorstep.

When gunshots sprayed from a passing car in October, panicked neighbors fled through the hallways of her apartment complex on West 92nd Street.

Hawkins opened her door to find Joe Anthony Ordaz on the floor, saying he’d been hit. People surrounded him, telling him he would be OK.

She recognized him. Their young children played together. Ordaz, 24, would die before sunrise.

Homicides in ‘death alley’
Since 2007, 61 people have been killed on a two-mile stretch on or near South Vermont Avenue between Manchester Avenue and Imperial Highway. The area is the border of the Westmont and Vermont Vista neighborhoods.

Early last year, Hawkins, 31, moved out of her mother’s home and into this unincorporated community, known as Westmont, lured by a cheap deposit.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its biggest problem will always be cost of living. but a lot of people will complain about the cost of living anywhere in california compared to their backwoods estate. :jbhmm:

nothing ever topping the women, weed and weather. :jawalrus:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Stayed in the Valley for a few years, now I live in K-Town. Got black friends, mostly people from other areas trying to break into the business. I haven't really found or gotten immersed in black local communities out here, but always feel rejuvenated being amongst black folks any time I'm in Crenshaw.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
My cousin trying to get me to move out to LA with him, but I'm trying to think long term if it's gonna be worth it. I don't wanna spend most of my life spending money on rent. I want to own shyt