neko_804

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GangGreen
Early stages of planning a move from Va to La

Wish I could afford Redondo Beach:banderas:

But I'm definitely not moving in the LAX airport area:picard:

It's a difficult process because I can't be around all cacs or too many bad hombres either:mjpls:

Any suggestions?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Early stages of planning a move from Va to La

Wish I could afford Redondo Beach:banderas:

But I'm definitely not moving in the LAX airport area:picard:

It's a difficult process because I can't be around all cacs or too many bad hombres either:mjpls:

Any suggestions?
Don't move to any beach town. They're very conservative and ripe with white supremacists. Not exaggerating. They're the whitest areas in LA County.

And why can't you be around whites and hispanics?

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
It matters only because it bothers me when folks downplay a place because their dreams didn't come true. In another thread you mentioned having lived here for twelve years now. That means you either came here for school and got a job afterwards, or intentionally sought a job here after graduating in another. LA like NY, DC are places you only end up if you're from there or intentionally place yourself there.

Running back to a place where people are living mediocre lives won't help you, your kids, or blacks in general. If all the wealth is in these major cities and none of it is flowing through our hands, then we've already lost no matter where we are.

Not attacking you in particular whatsoever, just the mentality that I've seen projected on this board many, many times before.
I've been here since I was thirteen, so I had no choice in the matter on moving here. As for where I'm from being mediocre, it is what it is on that one, but that's where a majority of my family is and that's where I would prefer to be.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I've been here since I was thirteen, so I had no choice in the matter on moving here. As for where I'm from being mediocre, it is what it is on that one, but that's where a majority of my family is and that's where I would prefer to be.
Lol in Appalachia? The greatest bastion of whiteness left in America?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
So you don't want me to downplay LA, but it's funny to you that I want to be where I was born and most of my family lives?
I'm not you... so I can't speak for what will make you happy. But the idea of ANYONE being happier in ANY town in WV over LA is mind-blowing.

Do you actually live in LA. Or do you just say LA to keep things simple?

neko_804

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GangGreen
Don't move to any beach town. They're very conservative and ripe with white supremacists. Not exaggerating. They're the whitest areas in LA County.
Appreciate that breh. My aunt live in OC but it's too white and over priced for my blood.

San Diego is nice but way too many brown brehs.:sas2:

So far only been to: OC, San Diego, North Hollywood, Culver city

I know I haven't been to Compton or Watts yet but I'm pretty sure I don't want to.:yeshrug:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I'm not you... so I can't speak for what will make you happy. But the idea of ANYONE being happier in ANY town in WV over LA is mind-blowing.

Do you actually live in LA. Or do you just say LA to keep things simple?
Check my post history. I've already said where I live.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Appreciate that breh. My aunt live in OC but it's too white and over priced for my blood.

San Diego is nice but way too many brown brehs.:sas2:

So far only been to: OC, San Diego, North Hollywood, Culver city

I know I haven't been to Compton or Watts yet but I'm pretty sure I don't want to.:yeshrug:
Look for places in Inglewood if you're determine to be around a lot of black people. But with the new stadium going up and all the new development surrounding it-- be prepared for increased rent after your first year or two.

P.S. Assuming you're renting and not buying.