The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Went to LA back in June 2013 and came across a local paper and the front cover story was about the missing black population (done in a satirical fashion, but it was a serious article - if that makes sense, you know how those quirky local news publications are).

Any who, this obviously isn't anything new.

The question is... what are we going to do aboot it?

King Poetic

ShoTime
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
over the last 10 years i've seen whites and blacks just pack up and leave....

it's becoming like frisco but just not a quicker pace...

everybody i knew years ago thought they move to the promise land by moving to lancaster/palmdale and those just attracted gangs and poor folks

it's hard to say where i'll be, because i actually live around where the rams/chargers new stadium will be

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Couldn't cut what? Making it into the industry? That was never my goal. I moved here in my early teens.

Does that matter? I prefer where I'm from. Nothing more.
It matters only because it bothers me when folks downplay a place because their dreams didn't come true. In another thread you mentioned having lived here for twelve years now. That means you either came here for school and got a job afterwards, or intentionally sought a job here after graduating in another. LA like NY, DC are places you only end up if you're from there or intentionally place yourself there.

Running back to a place where people are living mediocre lives won't help you, your kids, or blacks in general. If all the wealth is in these major cities and none of it is flowing through our hands, then we've already lost no matter where we are.

Not attacking you in particular whatsoever, just the mentality that I've seen projected on this board many, many times before.