The Official "Legion" Season 1 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Give a shyt about IGN reviews, brehs. :mjlol:

... Now I forgot what I even came in here to say.
I don't but it's still nice seeing the good score.

It's been getting raves from everyone so far . 82 on metacritic ( only 4 reviews so far) but other publications and people who have seen it have great things to say

:camby:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Entertainment Weekly
Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
Jan 30, 2017
An electroshock of striking originality, Legion seizes your imagination by blowing your mind and captures the high anxiety of reality-blur America. [Feb 3/10 2017, p.96]

:wow: :wow:

The Hollywood Reporter
Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
Jan 26, 2017
Hawley's decision to disorient viewers by making David's unsettling and confusing mental landscape the visual launching point for this world is strategically smart--if challenging--and the skillful camera work has a panache that stamps the early episodes. Stylistically, there's nothing quite like Legion's smart take on mutant powers, which keeps the series more dramatic and less light or flippantly Marvel-esque.

@TheGodling :umad:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm loving the fact that it is striving to be different from other comic book shows in both tone and visuals. Can't wait to see this next week.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Haven't really been paying attention, so is he Professor X son in this universe? Is this apart of the "movie universe "? :jbhmm:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Wait, how is dude able to do this and Fargo at the same time?
There's a reason it hasn't been on since 2015. Not premiering until later in the year so it'll almost be a year and a half since we last saw it when season 3 comes around

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Haven't really been paying attention, so is he Professor X son in this universe? Is this apart of the "movie universe "? :jbhmm:

Yes he is his son, and no I don't think it takes place in the movie universe. Then again "Logan" doesn't even take place in the same universe as the other movies, either.

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

‘Legion’ Has to Prove Itself Before Potential X-Men Crossovers, Says Creator Noah Hawley

“I think it’s important for us to establish this as a fully realized world with fully realized characters,” Hawley says. “It does connect and it can connect, but I’m not relying on that. I have to prove myself. I have to prove that the show is good enough to incorporate those elements from the movie world, if that were ever possible.”

Whatever the hell that means :pachaha:

I think it's one of those "I can't say no or some people won't watch" situations.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
‘Legion’ Has to Prove Itself Before Potential X-Men Crossovers, Says Creator Noah Hawley

Whatever the hell that means :pachaha:

I think it's one of those "I can't say no or some people won't watch" situations.

Sounds like a solid "no" to me until he's sure the show is strong enough on it's own. It's kinda how people were asking for Walt and Gus in season 1 of "Better Call Saul"....you can't do that if you want the show to stand on it's own. Likewise they can't introduce a bunch of X-Men characters if this is supposed to be it's own thing. Maybe some lesser known characters.

Fred.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Just make him the son of Charles and Moira Mactaggert in the new, post DOFP timeline

Throw some cash at Patrick Stewart for one appearance. He does tv

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
  • Dap
Reactions: hex