• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Show is getting great reviews:

'Legion' Review: A Trippy New X-Men Series That Couldn't Care Less About Being Tied To The X-Men

FX’s latest comes out of the gate swinging. It’s fully formed and fully confident. The pilot may be a bit overlong, but it pays off with one truly fantastic sequence that will hook anyone into the show for at least one extra episode. It also has the added benefit of not being loosely (if at all) tied to the currently running film franchise produced by 20th Century Fox. Legion is not the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. of the X-Men live-action universe. It’s its own thing.

Legion Review: An Exhilarating Delight, Even if You Don't Like Comic Books

I know what you’re thinking: Another comic-book show? From The CW’s crowded superhero stable to Netflix’s Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage trio, it seems like every other TV drama these days springs from the panels of a comic book. And yet, thankfully, there’s still room for a fresh voice in there, because FX’s Legion is not just “another comic-book show.” Visually inventive and emotionally astute, it bursts out of the gate with the most exhilarating TV pilot I’ve seen since Mr. Robot.

There’s some incredible CGI on display here, including a stunningly elaborate battle scene at the very end of the pilot. But most of Legion‘s eye-candy comes from the gorgeous cinematography and set design, filmed by Hawley with a precision reminiscent of Kubrick and Wes Anderson. Legion‘s pilot is bathed in bold primary colors and filled with inspired song choices like the Rolling Stones’ “She’s a Rainbow” and the Who’s “Happy Jack.” It may be too stylized for some, but for those on its particular wavelength (like me), it’s an absolute tour de force.

@Nature Boy Ric Flair we got another one. :wow:

Fred.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard that rumor... yet Fox didn't give up anything and Marvel TV isn't Marvel Studios either.

Well we havent seen the returns for marvel on this deal yet but i know fox only had movie rights and needed marvel to sign off on this show and i think they got another one coming to fox so we'll see if we get the fantastic 4 for phase 4. Shyt the marketing writes itself!!

I know they swapped negasonic's real character details for deadpool 2 to use Ego the living planet in guardians 2 so they playing small until one of these shows is a hit then they like bet u can have em

• Dap
Reactions: hex

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Joanna Robinson and Sepinwall have both seen the 1st 3 eps and said to was really good. Joanna is annoying as fukk sometimes but I trust her opinions on most things. I would've checked it out anyway. Managed to avoid any trailers for this so I'll be totally surprised.